Top 5 goalkeepers in the Premiership/World

Guest Deep456

Can't believe that Foster appear only once or twice in all these premiership top 5 keeper lists.

Prem

------

Ben Foster

Shay Given

Petr Cech

Peipe Reina

Jens Lehnman

I hope thats not in order.

it will be...

in order

prem -

Cech

Van Der Sar

Given

James

Foster

world -

Cech

Casillas

Buffon

Ricardo  (i know! hes dodgy, but he seems to stop everything!)

Van Der Sar

(p.s., whoever mentioned Cesar, I would agree and say that he is pretty damn good.. shame he is real madrid's Harper.)

Can't believe that Foster appear only once or twice in all these premiership top 5 keeper lists.

Prem

------

Ben Foster

Shay Given

Petr Cech

Peipe Reina

Jens Lehnman

it will be...

Gejon is my best friend in Newcastle-Online.

Prem

------

Ben Foster

Shay Given

Petr Cech

Peipe Reina

Jens Lehnman

it will be...

Gejon is my best friend in Newcastle-Online.

Awwwww shucks  :smitten:

Prem

------

Ben Foster

Shay Given

Petr Cech

Peipe Reina

Jens Lehnman

Fucking Hell! :lol:

Cant believe some people think Given is the best keeper in the league like. He is good, yeah, but his distribution is shocking, a good shot stopper though and has dug us out of the clarts on numerous occasions!

Cech is a much better keeper than Given because he has a better all round game.

So let me get this straight, Kingdawson.

Spurs have...

*England's no1 in goals.

*England's best CB but he just hasn't been given the stage to prove it.

*Your other CB is better than Woodgate.

*You've got a teenage midfielder that's better than Fabregas and is the next Franz Beckenbauer.

*A teenage winger worth £25 million.

*A former young player of the year and potential 10 goal a season superstar in midfield.

*One striker better than Michael Owen.

*The other one's better than Darren Bent.

*One of the top 6 managers in the league.

All this yet you're still in the bottom half of the league and play shit football, ever thought about calling it a day?

Spurs have...

*England's no1 in goals.

*You've got a teenage midfielder that's better than Fabregas and is the next Franz Beckenbauer.

*A former young player of the year and potential 10 goal a season superstar in midfield.

All this yet you're still in the bottom half of the league and play s*** football, ever thought about calling it a day?

lol

Cant believe some people think Given is the best keeper in the league like. He is good, yeah, but his distribution is shocking, a good shot stopper though and has dug us out of the clarts on numerous occasions!

Cech is a much better keeper than Given because he has a better all round game.

The things that arent vitally important for a keeper are Shay's weaknesses. Distribution, penalty stopping, extra height, etc. Everything that is vitally important for a keeper, Shay is utterly consistently good at. Coming off his line, shot stopping, handling, positioning, and one on ones, something he is regularly excellent at yet doesnt often get credit for.

Its hard to say whos definately the better keeper, noone will know this unless both keepers were given a long run behind the same defences in the same teams - but in terms of performances on a consistent basis, I think Shay is the best in the league, or at least top 3. Hes the one who is testest week in week out far more than others who are rated alongside or above him - even Jussi plays behind a considerable better defence - and he consistently performs to a standard of an excellent keeper.

Guest kingdawson

Spurs have...

*England's no1 in goals.

All this yet you're still in the bottom half of the league and play s*** football, ever thought about calling it a day?

wow youre nothing like this when you come on GG. Its like your a totally different poster or you get extremely excited when your with the toon army faithful. Quite sad really when most of those points i never ever actually said (and you know this).

Spurs have...

*England's no1 in goals.

wow youre nothing like this when you come on GG. Its like your a totally different poster or you get extremely excited when your with the toon army faithful. Quite sad really when most of those points i never ever actually said (and you know this).

'ere ya go! http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36174.0

Spurs have...

*England's no1 in goals.

Great post.

Spurs have...

*England's no1 in goals.

I could go on and act like you do on here but I'm more respectful of others than that.

Guest kingdawson

Spurs have...

*England's no1 in goals.

I could go on and act like you do on here but I'm more respectful of others than that.

hahahaha. have a look at all my posts since ive come back. Havent said nothing at all out of line yet get a barrage of abuse (im not complaining, it dosent bother me in the slightest).

Dont make reasons for the fact that you and a lot of others continuosly have a dig at me or spurs with no provocation. if your gonna do it, then just do it, but ,making reasons for it is lame.

Spurs have...

*England's no1 in goals.

hahahaha. have a look at all my posts since ive come back. Havent said nothing at all out of line yet get a barrage of abuse (im not complaining, it dosent bother me in the slightest).

Dont make reasons for the fact that you and a lot of others continuosly have a dig at me or spurs with no provocation. if your gonna do it, then just do it, but ,making reasons for it is lame.

Where have I made a reason for doing it?

Spurs have...

*England's no1 in goals.

hahahaha. have a look at all my posts since ive come back. Havent said nothing* Have said something out of line yet get a barrage of abuse (im not complaining, it dosent bother me in the slightest).

*double negative :coolsmiley:

Found this article: In which the West Brom second choice goalkeeper is 13th, and Mark Schwarzer also makes the list, still no Paul Robinson though! lol

IFFHS' World's Best Goalkeeper of the Year 2006

Award given by the International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS); the election is for the calendar year.

Top 22

1. Gianluigi BUFFON

2. Jens LEHMANN

3. Petr CECH

4. Iker CASILLAS

5. Edwin VAN DER SAR

6. ROGÉRIO Ceni

7. RICARDO Alexandre Martins Soares

8. Nélson de Jesus e Silva "DIDA"

9. Roberto ABBONDANZIERI

10. Fabien BARTHEZ

11. Oliver KAHN

Víctor VALDÉS

13. Pascal ZUBERBÜHLER

14. Grégory COUPET

Oswaldo SÁNCHEZ

16. Heurelho da Silva GOMES

17. Andrés PALOP

18. Igor AKINFEYEV

José María BULJUBASICH

Mark SCHWARZER

The quality of goalkeepers now is $hit compared to years back, esp English keepers (we used to produce some of the best but sadly not anymore).

What about Marco Amelia? Rogerio Ceni? Julio Cesar of Inter has been outstanding, Gregory Coupet (who someone also mentioned)? Alot of People on here seem only watch to the EPL or go for the usual well known keepers in the world ,like Victor Valdes? The above mentioned keepers are far better. He's a good shot stopper but poor at most of other things (even Barca fans say this)