Top 5 goalkeepers in the Premiership/World

Guest Deep456

Robinson has gifted us TWO goals THIS season, FFS! :lol:

This forum definitely needs a mong filter!

He was clearly at fault for all three at SJP. Should have done better with Huntington's and Butt's at WHL as well.

mackems.gif good one

Erm... yes.

Hopelessly out of position on the first, letting Dyer pass the ball into the net from 25 yards, let a soft header from Martins go under him on the second and spilled a Milner free kick for the third.

Premiership:

1) Cech

2) Van der Sar

3) Lehmann

4) Given

5) Jaaskelainen

World:

1) Buffon

2) Cech

3) Van der Sar

4) Cesar

5) Valdes

Where is Casillas?

Valdes is not regular in Spain national team as for Casillas he is playing there for years :)

Guest kingdawson

ask any neural football fan what is more funnier and pathetic, listing robinson as the 5th best goalkeeper in the league or rating Given as the best goalkeeper in the league and 1-3 in the world. They will most likely spit in your face, and its spurs fans that are deluded.  :rolleyes:

ask any neural football fan what is more funnier and pathetic, listing robinson as the 5th best goalkeeper in the league or rating Given as the best goalkeeper in the league and 1-3 in the world. They will most likely spit in your face, and its spurs fans that are deluded.  :rolleyes:

Can't argue with my point that Robinson was at fault for all 3 at SJP then? Didn't think so.

You'd think you'd have learned your lessson after Shay, with a little help from Oba "Not as good as Berbatov... honest!" Martins, won us three points at WHL, as Fat Cunt Robinson made another arse of himself.

Premiership:

1) Given

2) Van der Sar

3) Cech

4) Jaaskelainen

5) Cudicini (Rather than Paul "i dive 1 minute later to make a save" Robinson or Jens "i kick other player face" Lehmann)

World: (I rate them on international games)

1) Buffon

2) Cech

3) Van der Sar

4) Casillas

5) Given

Probably:

Cech,

Shay,

Van der Sar,

Jussi,

Foster.

Robinson for me is an average mid-table standard keeper. He played above himself for a while and is currently playing below himself. In my opinion the media bigged him up too much, and he's currently getting more stick than he deserves. He's not excellent - as many would have had you believe a year ago - but he's also not shite - as many people would have you think now. In my opinion, anyway.

Did anyone else notice that when Vidic scored at the near post against Tottenham, Robinson had his arms by his side until he headed it, only then did he try and raise his arms. Shocking goalkeeping. He could see the ball coming into the near post from the corner, and the jumper right in front of him. Not saying he could have saved it even if he did have his arms up, it was a bullet header from almost point-blank range. But in situations like that there's not enough time to react, a goalkeeper just needs to make himself as big as possible as early as possible and hope the ball hits him. Robinson just stood there as the ball came in and by the time it hit the back of the net he still hadn't got his arms above waist height.

Don't see him play very often so I've no idea if this is a common thing, but to me it looked like a very basic lack of technique and natural instincts. I don't think he's complete s****, but for me he's certainly not premiership top 5.

Robbo's had 1 poor season. Last season and the season before that he was immense for us. How many Poor season has David james had? yet people are still creaming themselves over him.

I actually agree with you on this one. Robinson was very good before his current form dip. There is no reason as yet to suspect he will not come back to his former levels. Just goes to show how short people's memories are when a good player loses form. Strangely, when a lesser player has hit a good patch of form and then doesn´t play for years on end people still rate him based on that short patch of good form.. Harper anyone?

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Given the best goalkeeper in the league? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. I think not.

Why not? He was awarded the best gk in PL last season and that was the second time he won that as far as I remember, and I dont see he has dropped form since then....

Guest Knightrider

Top 5 Prem:

Given

Cech

Van De Sar

Jaaskelainen

Foster

I honestly wouldn't swap Shay for anyone in the world, while Buffon is more all-rounded, he isn't as good as Shay at shotstopping, and I honestly don't think any 'keeper is at this moment in time, and that's what it is all about for me, so I'll take his flaws because they are trivial ones and be content with having the world's best shotstopper between the sticks.

Top 5 Prem:

Given

Cech

Van De Sar

Jaaskelainen

Foster

I honestly wouldn't swap Shay for anyone in the world, while Buffon is more all-rounded, he isn't as good as Shay at shotstopping, and I honestly don't think any 'keeper is at this moment in time, and that's what it is all about for me, so I'll take his flaws because they are trivial ones and be content with having the world's best shotstopper between the sticks.

This!

To be a succesful keeper at United you need to be a world clas shot stopper, Given is that!

And Robinson dives all most as slow as Hislop.

Guest Knightrider

I liken Shay to say a Henry, there are better all-round strikers who will be able to head the ball, poach in the box and lead the line, but is there anyone better at scoring and creating goals on a consistent basis at will, often via his own crafting? Is there a more productive striker on the planet? No, so I wouldn't swap him for anyone either, even players in his class, like the Drogbas, the Ronaldinhos and so on.

Is there a more consistent world-class shotstopper out there than our own Shay Given? No, not in my opinion and while some none Toon fans may balk at such a claim, I have seen Shay pull of world-class save after world-class save from all angles, heights, power and from a whole host of players, great and small, for near on 10 years, CONSISTENTLY, regardless of the weather, the opposition or who is in front of him protecting him, at home, away, abroad, for club and country, at all the top levesl, against the world's best.

So his command of the box isn't the greatest, so he doesn't talk a great deal... there is no other 'keeper in the world who I'd like to be behind a shot, than Shay Given because I know for certain that he will save it 9 times out of 10, whether it is from 5 yards or 20.

He's such an accomplished shotstopper I wouldn't forsake that for anything. Of course there are other accomplished shotstoppers, but none quite like Shay.