St James' Park

Delima

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Sure I read that same article about a week ago. More reheats that a lasagne.

Checked the date on the article and indeed it is the same one. Nothing new here.

3 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

“Could still see Newcastle move from SJP” bit ambiguous 🤷‍♂️ Mind I couldn’t read the full article, behind paywall.

Any articles behind a pay wall, open the link then put your phone onto flight mode should be able to read the whole article without the please give us money pop up.

18 minutes ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Any articles behind a pay wall, open the link then put your phone onto flight mode should be able to read the whole article without the please give us money pop up.

Thanks👍

5 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Seems a bit pointless only extending by 8000 seats for what it will cost.

It's the reason I'm still convinced it will be a new stadium, together with the fact that there will be lost revenue and a lot of season ticket holders affected, whilst work goes ahead

If SJP was to be rebuilt, would any of you accept having a ground share at SoL? They could do with the cash so am sure they’d lap it up.

Would just feel very very dirty

32 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

If SJP was to be rebuilt, would any of you accept having a ground share at SoL? They could do with the cash so am sure they’d lap it up.

No one, on either side, would think that a sensible idea.

33 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Not a chance it would happen, fans would trash their stadium.

41 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Dunno like.

They were absolutely class for us when we played them away. 

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I think it’s a perfectly sensible idea.  But it wouldn’t fly in Mackemland

It’s completely unworkable. Imagine the work that would have to get done covering and uncovering pro-safc signage every week, just to stop vandalism and defacement, which would probably happen every week regardless.

21 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’s completely unworkable. Imagine the work that would have to get done covering and uncovering pro-safc signage every week, just to stop vandalism and defacement, which would probably happen every week regardless.

They’d just remove it.. look what they did to their own bar before we played them 󠀠

Probably pull all their seats out too and replace them with a neutral colour 

2 hours ago, SteV said:

There’s cameras in there, and more cameras can be installed.  Ban people for acts of vandalism.  It being the SOS isn’t exactly a good excuse

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not sure anyone would notice.

6 hours ago, SteV said:

Is that any different to San Siro, New York in the NFL and LA in the NBA where two franchises share the same stadium?

9 hours ago, et tu brute said:

It's the reason I'm still convinced it will be a new stadium, together with the fact that there will be lost revenue and a lot of season ticket holders affected, whilst work goes ahead

Aye but a new stadium could take 10-15 years.

This could be done quicker. 

50 minutes ago, Pandamninator said:

Is that any different to San Siro, New York in the NFL and LA in the NBA where two franchises share the same stadium?

Yes, massively. Those stadiums are genuinely shared, and belong to each team. The SoL would not belong to us and people would have absolutely zero respect for it.

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There’s cameras in there, and more cameras can be installed.  Ban people for acts of vandalism.  It being the SOS isn’t exactly a good excuse

Of course I’m not saying it would in any way be acceptable, but it would still happen regardless.

Putting aside the vandalism issue. If the boot was on the other foot, would you want to help them out? I certainly wouldn’t. Imagine having to see your biggest rivals celebrate some potentially famous wins in your ground. Fuck that 🤮

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Of course I’m not saying it would in any way be acceptable, but it would still happen regardless.

Putting aside the vandalism issue. If the boot was on the other foot, would you want to help them out? I certainly wouldn’t. Imagine having to see your biggest rivals celebrate some potentially famous wins in your ground. Fuck that 🤮

You can’t equate the two, they need money and as the owner has shown they are more than happy to role out the red carpet for us. 

Don’t think it will happen either mind, the plans we have for SJP are still shrouded in mystery as we know absolutely nothing at this stage. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

You can’t equate the two, they need money and as the owner has shown they are more than happy to role out the red carpet for us. 

Don’t think it will happen either mind, the plans we have for SJP are still shrouded in mystery as we know absolutely nothing at this stage. 

They’ll have learnt their lesson from the cup debacle. 

They wouldn’t entertain allowing us to use their ground now. And rightly so.

If we offered them decent money to use their stadium as a big toilet they'd happily take it and provide the paper. 

Both sets of fans though wouldn't be happy. Some of ours may take joy in 'taking over' and filling their ground for a change, but I'd rather we looked at buying Gateshead stadium, revamping it as a football ground only, and have our u21 and lasses play there alongside Gateshead giving them a home and a chance to playing in the higher leagues. 

11 hours ago, SteV said:

No one, on either side, would think that a sensible idea.

More importantly the Police will never allow it. Would be a total nightmare for them

16 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

The fewm on RTG if it happened would be immense. 

You know every time we played there they'd have to have police sectioning them away from the ground as they beeeeew the fans coming to the stadium. 

Rather go beeeeew the mags than support our lot, but we're also the best fans in the werld.