St James' Park

Delima

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

Someone I know done a stadium tour today and put a video on their insta story. The seats in the Leazes are 100% now comfy seats, not NUFC.

Yeah, the Sports Bar as was, has become a new corporate area. Less seats in it so some people have been relocated. Some have been able to stay (not sure if in exact same seat) but do not have access to the corporate facilities (their ST price has been reduced though to reflect the fact that they no longer have the facilities they had when it was the Sports Bar).

It’s the same font as Sports Direct. It doesn’t even match our current official typeface on our badge or on our print and digital media we use for official club stuff. 

Just now, Kanji said:

It’s the same font as Sports Direct. It doesn’t even match our current official typeface on our badge or on our print and digital media we use for official club stuff. 

The majority of people don't know nor give a shit. (I'm guessing based on a poll of about 15)

People want rid of it because its one of the few relics of the Ashley era that is still in existence. People were rightly fuming when Ashley took down the old sign and replaced it with that Sports Direct shite. It could easily be replaced and it should be.

When I was on the tour back in April I asked the bloke about the lettering, he was brilliant with everything else but he didn't really seem to know what I was on about strangely. 

Just gave a strange look and kept saying 'they're sorting everything.... everything!' :lol:

8 hours ago, Kanji said:

Can they not change the NEWCASTLE UNITED font ffs?

I've emailed the club asking if this feeling could be passed on fwiw, I’d suggest anyone else doing the same. I’m sure Darren Eales brought it up himself that someone had mentioned it to him, I’m surprised such a relatively simple operation hasn’t been done. 

9 hours ago, Decky said:

People want rid of it because its one of the few relics of the Ashley era that is still in existence. People were rightly fuming when Ashley took down the old sign and replaced it with that Sports Direct shite. It could easily be replaced and it should be.

Aye, and I wouldn't thank any of the dickheads who bought the letters and proudly stood there revelling in the destruction of the club 

:lol: 

Fwiw this thread once featured a poll and several hundred members from here agreed that the font should be changed. So aye, people are arsed. Proportionately arsed, I would add. Just cos we're not relying on Shefki Kuqi for goals atm doesn't mean you can't have an opinion about an unrelated matter.

Also it's not just about the Ashley iconography; it's the principle internal facade which the global audience sees when they tune in for the match. It needs tarting up.

15 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Did you get upset when Ashley tossed up the SD.com signs on the stand? 

Exactly. I bet the font mattered back then. It’s not exactly priority number one but it’s still a small change that I’d like to see simply because the shite italic Sports Direct font reminds me of the Ashley era and I’d rather not see it.

Caring about the appearance of our stadium also extends to signage - not just the size of stands, the color of the seats, the cleanliness and accessibility etc. it all fits together.