St James' Park

Delima

I know people have issues with 'Stack' and the Geordie Shore crowd, however as a fan zone (temp) it's a very good thing to partner up with them.  I'm sure Sela's partnership will also be class....it'll look unreal in all truth and the fact that Home and Away games will be screened will bring a much needed boost to that end of town. 

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Does that mean what I think it means? No expansion for the next 3 years at least?

Aye that’s what I thought too. 

Then again, how does this impact potential expansion?

I'd imagine the expansion runs along side the fan zone being there.

I think some don't appreciate just how long it'll take to expand the Gallowgate. It's not something they're gonna get done in pre season ready for the season start.

Edited by TBG

8 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

I know people have issues with 'Stack' and the Geordie Shore crowd, however as a fan zone (temp) it's a very good thing to partner up with them.  I'm sure Sela's partnership will also be class....it'll look unreal in all truth and the fact that Home and Away games will be screened will bring a much needed boost to that end of town. 

Stack is linked to the geordie shore lot?

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Aye that’s what I thought too. 

Then again, how does this impact potential expansion?

Suppose there's plenty of room behind it still. But then again whilst it's there I would doubt they'd start anything. 

The 3 years would leave us just shy of 2017. With SJP a venue for euro 2018 I would of thought they'd want to keep the fanzone for that event? 

4 minutes ago, TBG said:

I'd imagine the expansion runs along side the fan zone being there.

I think some don't appreciate just how long it'll take to expand the Gallowgate. It's nothing something they're gonna get done in pre season ready for the season start.

2 years I reckon

22 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Does that mean what I think it means? No expansion for the next 3 years at least?

It’ll take a few years to unpick all the issues any potential expansion of the Gallowgate might raise I’d have thought.

1 minute ago, BoSelecta said:

Stack is linked to the geordie shore lot?

It's more so the crowd it attracts on a Saturday night. It was very much 'Eeeee Chantelle get a photo of is holding me £10 cocktail. Oi mate move out the way' #influencer.

Was actually decent though when they had the match on.

What happens with home games ? 
tv screens 

surely the crowd noise / sound of a goal going in will be 2 / 3 seconds ahead 

Always a tv delay - 🫣

Other than that it’s a great idea 💡 

fantastic before and after games 

Away games etc 

9 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

I'd say they may press on with the east stand/corner potential expansion in that time.  I'd also imagine there'll be a proviso of a break point if they wish to expand the Gallowgate. 

Would make sense with what the fact they've have started with the feasibility study with the east stand.

This delay on the gallowgate would suggest some confidence with the east stand maybe? 

I reckon they better get on to the phone to that gadgey and buy st J's terrace. 

2 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Would make sense with what the fact they've have started with the feasibility study with the east stand.

This delay on the gallowgate would suggest some confidence with the east stand maybe? 

I reckon they better get on to the phone to that gadgey and buy st J's terrace. 

So we saying the brick by brick move to Beamish is a goer?

6 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

What happens with home games ? 
tv screens 

surely the crowd noise / sound of a goal going in will be 2 / 3 seconds ahead 

Always a tv delay - 🫣

Other than that it’s a great idea 💡 

fantastic before and after games 

Away games etc 

I think if your watching the TV noise would drown out the crowd a bit and you'd be absorbed in what's happening on the screen. 

With Mandy putting the focus on food and drink sales in connection with expansion maybe the fanzone is a trial of what expansion would be like in terms of potential revenue? Whether that's stupid I don't know

They had a fanzone thing outside at Man City when I went away there this year and I thought it was fuckin horrendous. And at least there it's understandable cos there's fuck all around the ground. Not optimistic, hope it doesn't damage the pubs (maybe I'm talking shite).

Edited by Superior Acuña

Excellent news, however it’s important to point out that they say it’s a midweek venue, and with it not actually being a part of SJP, they may struggle with being allowed to show Saturday 3pm KO’s.