St James' Park

Delima

4 hours ago, JackieDoor said:

what even is a fan zone? Club shop with a few bars and scran?

The Box Park one down Wembley was mint. If they can make something like that it would be amazing. 
 I heard recently they are looking at extending the Gallowgate but any extra capacity in there will be corporate so a lot of boxes. Then it would be the extending the east stand that would add more normal seats.

mind you I also heard about building a new one on Leazes but I tend to believe the extending SJP but I’m sure they are looking at both. 

5 hours ago, Stifler said:

Just Google Mercedes Benz Arena Delta Suite, and click on the images and it gives you all the different images from all the suites in the stadium.

Isn't the internet amazing 😂😂

Just wait until you discover Google earth 😉

Given the unique nature of the stadium if the fanzone ends up being shit people simply won’t go or it’ll attract a certain audience that would attract you or put you off. Hundreds of alternative options.

Keeping it open/profitable during the week/summer will be the real trick.

7 hours ago, patrone said:

Isn't the internet amazing 😂😂

Just wait until you discover Google earth 😉

Alright smart ass, I was only saying because it wouldn’t generate a link for me to share.

On 27/07/2023 at 08:09, LFEE said:

Was around 27-29k mark iirc as remember knocking around 20+k off the capacity.

Think we got the figures from police safety officer as they knew the true figure not tickets sold figure the club put out.

Was a bit more than that iirc. 31,000 odd rings a bell as I'm sure a FOI request about it was put to Northumbria Police. Was definitely over 30k.

Given its a stack style I'd imaging the timescale for building will be quite small and has anyone any clue as to whether it'll be match day's only or standard local licensing (like Shearers).

Edited by madras

4 hours ago, wormy said:

Fingers crossed the entrance to the fan zone is using the same font as the East Stand. Uniformity etc.

And I hope it looks exactly like the stack. Maybe have a special booth for Adam Pearson so he can report directly from the stack on events such as 'fuck all going on' and 'stalking the invisible man' 

6 hours ago, madras said:

Hope they have a tie in with some of the local brewers instead of what's currently on offer.

If they can replicate the offerings at Boiler Shop in the generic boozer containers they'll have, I'll be a happy man. 

Edited by NEEJ

7 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

If they can replicate the offerings at Boiler Shop in the generic boozer containers they'll have, I'll be a happy man. 

Haven't been there in a year or so, tell me more 

2 hours ago, madras said:

Haven't been there in a year or so, tell me more 

Was just a great mix between locally brewed options and solid larger companies' offerings from what I remember. And admittedly that's not a lot. I was absolutely paralytic, so I'm probably bigging it up more than it deserves. :lol:

Edited by NEEJ

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Are those folk who voted to stay at St James’ no matter what still of that view it they can no longer get a seat due to changes in ticketing etc?

Genuinely curious if any views have changed at all?

I still want to stay at SJP.

I have no confidence that we will however. I can write the press release already. 

““We’ve evaluated all options. Our soul is at SJP. We’ve looked at every possibly solution. Unfortunately the best way ahead is……”

3 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I have no confidence that we will however. I can write the press release already. 

““We’ve evaluated all options. Our soul is at SJP. We’ve looked at every possibly solution. Unfortunately the best way ahead is……”

....build a new stadium up the road on Leazes Park."

Edited by nufcjb

Noticed there were a few new signs up at SJP this weekend that said “our home since 1892”. 

Basically my view is they need to explore each and every potential option to expand and stay at SJP. I’ll be staggered if it’s not possible to extend it in some way up to c65k-70k. It’s just going to cost shit loads. But if they’re true to their word that we’re staying at SJP then it’s a cost they’ll just have to accept.

If after everything it’s just not possible, then Leazes Park is the only acceptable option for me. 

32 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Totally hypothetical question here but it the choice was new stadium that guaranteed your seat or staying and getting to to say a handful of times a season you would Stay at SJP?

fair play if so. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Totally hypothetical question here but it the choice was new stadium that guaranteed your seat or staying and getting to to say a handful of times a season you would Stay at SJP?

fair play if so. 

Probably a few variables in there needed. Such as:

Being allowed to pick my fucking seat for a game :lol:

But generally, yes.

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Probably a few variables in there needed. Such as:

Being allowed to pick my fucking seat for a game :lol:

But generally, yes.

Oh for sure, I mean as know I agree with the principle of the ballot system but the implementation has left a lot to be desired. 

and thank you for your honest forth right answers. 

3 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Are those folk who voted to stay at St James’ no matter what still of that view it they can no longer get a seat due to changes in ticketing etc?

Genuinely curious if any views have changed at all?

Needs to be city centre if we ever needed to relocate. Something desolate like a mooted Longbenton/Silverlink shite like some clubs have would be horrible.