St James' Park

Delima

As much as I love Sir Bobby I just don't think his achievements here warrant a statue compared to others.

He was fantastic at Ipswich, and in Portugal etc. But there are who've done a lot more for this club. People like Stan Seymour Sr. who gave about 70 years of his life to

The club as a player, manager, coach, director.

Still It'll be nice to have two statues at the ground :)

my thoughts exactly. joe harvey instead of seymour though.

As much as I love Sir Bobby I just don't think his achievements here warrant a statue compared to others.

He was fantastic at Ipswich, and in Portugal etc. But there are who've done a lot more for this club. People like Stan Seymour Sr. who gave about 70 years of his life to

Yeah, he was an amazing servant to the club too.

I can see why the club has done it though, but he does have that memorial garden a stone's throw away from SJP.

Yeah, he was an amazing servant to the club too.

I can see why the club has done it though, but he does have that memorial garden a stone's throw away from SJP.

and a bust just inside the main entrance.

If we go back all the way into our past then theirs plenty of people who deserve a statue at SJP. We don't have enough room for everyone. I'm pleased though SBR is being given a statue though. He helped develop and shape our club, he is also a NUFC and a local who went on around the world and did some amazing achievements in football and not just for us.

Maybe it would have been better if his statue was located in the SBR memorial park, maybe in future that is where he can be located so others who have or maybe one day will lead the club to success can also be recognised.

I am pleased about the statue though and it's great that finally our management is trying to acknowledge things about the club aside from the financial aspect of it. Maybe they are doing it just for good PR, maybe they are doing it to take away some of the anger directed at them from their past mistakes and selling of the stadium name, the fact is though they are doing it.

Definitely not Stan Seymour, but a statue of Joe Harvey would be cool.

I've got no objections to an SBR one, though.

Agree that there's probably more worthy recipients of a statue in their honour, namely Harvey, but you certainly can't begrudge Bobby one. Sadly it seems Harvey's time has past, can't see there being anything done in his honour now.

A row of well thought out statues would be very smart and show the world we respect and appreciate loyalty.

Personally I think SBR well deserves one :)

Yeah, no reason why we can't have a row of statues side by side along Barrack Road.

The more statues the better I say.

Shearer, Milburn , Robson, Harvey in all 4 corners of the stadium.

Coloccini statue if he wins a trophy as captain would be epic, imagine the Bronze curls.

A one of Colo and Pardew side-by-side. :coloccini: http://i.imgur.com/01RpZ.png

Guest firetotheworks

In footballing terms you'd have to say there are probably better suited candidates, but when you factor in him as a person and a respresentative of NUFC, as well as of Ipswich and at their ground, I can't think of any better.

Coloccini statue if he wins a trophy as captain would be epic, imagine the Bronze curls.

A one of Colo and Pardew side-by-side. :coloccini: http://i.imgur.com/01RpZ.png

It will be a slipping hazard mind, all the lasses (and their smiling faces) gushing as they walk past seeing those 2.

In footballing terms you'd have to say there are probably better suited candidates, but when you factor in him as a person and a respresentative of NUFC, as well as of Ipswich and at their ground, I can't think of any better.

:thup:

Guest Haris Vuckic

When you look at Sunderland legends, like Gary Bennett & Niall Quinn you can understand why they are so jealous.

This would be awesome. Would love to see this at some point in my lifetime (if not the near future). :)

Who gives a shit about what other fans think?

Success or no Success SBR did a lot for NUFC and a lot for football in general and his club and heart was always with us. We were privileged to have had him manage our club and give us some of greatest memories in recent times. It's only fair that we appreciate our legends/icons in our own ways. Of course we maybe should have some statues of more players from by gone times and hopefully one day we will.

Guest johnson293

When you look at Sunderland legends, like Gary Bennett & Niall Quinn you can understand why they are so jealous.

A statue of Gabbiadini would be good...complete with facial wart(s) for authenticity.

Speaking of which, Total Sport was good last night... him and Ando going hammer and tongs.