St James' Park

Delima

99% sure my first ever visit will be in a few weeks for Southampton. Words can't describe how excited I am.

Nice one. Probs best to avoid sitting near the majority off here. O0

Tickets secured in the Gallowgate. So fucking pumped.

• 2 weeks later...

If this is a success this could spell the end for concerts at the Estadio de Lose. Poor buggers, they don't have much bless 'em. We'll be nicking their air show next.

My understanding (not sure if it's true) is that we can't host the air show because both Newcastle and our coast is too close to the airport and flight paths. Though Sunderland is still close in terms of air space it can be worked around for 48 hours where as having it at say Newcastle or Cullercoats isn't.

So, this concert thing is new, right? Looks like Kings of Leon have a gig in May.

New for this regime.  Had Bryan Adams in 2006 and Rod Stewart in 2007.

KoL are confirmed though: http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20131212/kings-of-leon-to-play-st-james-park_2281670_3573080

Going back a long way there were a few in the 80s, Bryan Adams, Queen, Springsteen, Stones et al. Don't recall owt happening then at Joker though. :lol:

If this is a success this could spell the end for concerts at the Estadio de Lose. Poor buggers, they don't have much bless 'em. We'll be nicking their air show next.

My understanding (not sure if it's true) is that we can't host the air show because both Newcastle and our coast is too close to the airport and flight paths. Though Sunderland is still close in terms of air space it can be worked around for 48 hours where as having it at say Newcastle or Cullercoats isn't.

Oh. In that case I would like to shelve my proposal.

Going back a long way there were a few in the 80s, Bryan Adams, Queen, Springsteen, Stones et al. Don't recall owt happening then at Joker though. :lol:

Apart from David Bowie in '87 who, as i pointed out in the mackem thread, appears to have gone there by mistake (watch the first 6 seconds)

:lol: Fair enough. Just saw it in the blunderland thread. :thup:

Bob Dylan also played St.James' Park...

Oh yeah. :thup: Never been a fan so I forgot. Apparently he chose his vocal style after meeting Woody Guthrie when he was towards the end of his life and suffering from Huntington's Disease, so slurring his speech. David Quantick told me that the other day on one of his R2 Blagger's Guides so it might be true. Yeeeyuh. Hah duz it feeyul...?

Woody's song "This Land Is Your Land" from the 40s is the basis of a couple of those on the dreadfully named Your Favourite Footie Chants? thread btw.

• 2 weeks later...

99% sure my first ever visit will be in a few weeks for Southampton. Words can't describe how excited I am.

Tickets secured in the Gallowgate. So f***ing pumped.

Despite the draw, what an experience and what a magnificent stadium. Even my wife had a fantastic time. I got chills seeing it from the train as we pulled into the city. I love how it appears, almost as if out of nowhere, as you drive around Newcastle. Standing at the bottom of the Gallowgate at field level looking up at the Leazes End is a sight to behold.

To make the weekend even better, on Sunday my cousin took us to the training ground. I just wanted to see where it was and get a picture in front of the gates. Well, the gates were open so we drove in. I got out to take a quick picture, expecting to be kicked out at any second. The security guard came out and my cousin yells "he's come from America!" After chatting for a few minutes he invited us in for a tour. Showed us the training schedule, game room, cafeteria and back patio looking out to all of the training pitches, physio room, Pardew's office and changing room (he had left some dirty socks on the floor), and the coaches office. He wasn't allowed to show us the dressing room, which would have been icing on the cake, but certainly no complaints.

All in all, what a weekend in the Toon.

Despite the draw, what an experience and what a magnificent stadium. Even my wife had a fantastic time. I got chills seeing it from the train as we pulled into the city. I love how it appears, almost as if out of nowhere, as you drive around Newcastle. Standing at the bottom of the Gallowgate at field level looking up at the Leazes End is a sight to behold.

To make the weekend even better, on Sunday my cousin took us to the training ground. I just wanted to see where it was and get a picture in front of the gates. Well, the gates were open so we drove in. I got out to take a quick picture, expecting to be kicked out at any second. The security guard came out and my cousin yells "he's come from America!" After chatting for a few minutes he invited us in for a tour. Showed us the training schedule, game room, cafeteria and back patio looking out to all of the training pitches, physio room, Pardew's office and changing room (he had left some dirty socks on the floor), and the coaches office. He wasn't allowed to show us the dressing room, which would have been icing on the cake, but certainly no complaints.

I'll have to remember this whenever I get my chance to come out to Newcastle.

Glad you enjoyed it. :thup:

Totally ignored my PM though. :hmm:

Nice to hear!  Our stadium really is something special and the views of it that you get from various places around the city are amazing.