St James' Park

Delima

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

When was in London Fulham we’re selling some of their boxes on entertainment ticket apps.

Took my Dad in a box with loads of strangers, it was very weird. Including a group that didn’t understand the concept of a buffet and pulled their chairs up in front of the food table :lol:

Just wished I was in the normal seats the whole time. 

:lol:

38 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Just wished I was in the normal seats the whole time. 

I've never enjoyed a box for atmosphere.  I've been to a Wembley a few times and a couple others.  The food has been average and the atmosphere crap.  Easy access to beer is the only pro.

Corporate seats where there is a bar/resturant behind the stand are a bit better (the barracks, park grill).  At least the atmosphere is a bit better.  It's still nothing like being in the gallowgate though.

27 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Corporate seats where there is a bar/resturant behind the stand are a bit better (the barracks, park grill).  At least the atmosphere is a bit better.  It's still nothing like being in the gallowgate though.

This is why gallowgate club was pretty class tbh.

It wasn't full blown prawn sarnie brigade. You got scran before game and you've got a bar that can only be accessed by the circa <100 guests. There are windows looking out onto the pitch with cushioned walls almost so if you're a fanny you could just lean there with your pints and watch from relative comfort.

Plus, you're sitting amongst the gallowgate so :indi:

4 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

To bridge that commercial revenue gap to the Sinister 6 we will have to suffer more corporate knobs. Small price to pay for a Big Dom Slobba.

image.thumb.png.cba2898ad8a24b453237e4865333df64.png

I was recently told it’s nailed on we are moving to Leazes building a 65k ground and the issue is down to corporate facilities at SJP. The more corporate the more money if you want to be a big club. 

Said it before that Leazes Park is the only space I would accommodate moving to out of all suggested so far.

Outside of the obvious moving Leazes Terrace to Beamish brick-by-brick, of course.

Edited by Sima

By who?

One of my major concerns is what happens with the site SJP currently sits on. I have never known anything other than a towering SJP on that site and to see it littered with something rubbish would be heartbreaking. Also hope to god we still have the Gallowgate and Leazes ends.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

By who?

One of my major concerns is what happens with the site SJP currently sits on. I have never known anything other than a towering SJP on that site and to see it littered with something rubbish would be heartbreaking. Also hope to god we still have the Gallowgate and Leazes ends.

Replace it with a park at the Gallowgate to about the halfway line and a fan park closer to the new ground.

Should keep the residents of Leazes Terrace happy.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

By who?

I would guess any planning permission would surely mean changing that site into a type of park to replace Leazes. 

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Replace it with a park at the Gallowgate to about the halfway line and a fan park closer to the new ground.

Should keep the residents of Leazes Terrace happy.

Only ever been to the park a few times with the kids and not much there anyway and with any park these days they get vandalised by little shits 

1 minute ago, Toonjam88 said:

Only ever been to the park a few times with the kids and not much there anyway and with any park these days they get vandalised by little shits 

image.png.84689bbd20ee89561d2d2008fe3e35c3.png

1 hour ago, Toonjam88 said:

I was recently told it’s nailed on we are moving to Leazes building a 65k ground and the issue is down to corporate facilities at SJP. The more corporate the more money if you want to be a big club. 

And how credible is the person that told you this?

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

By who?

Let the lasses play there. With the trajectory they're on amd the determination the owners have to make them the best, by the time it takes to build a new stadium they'll be in the top league and able to attract regular 20-30k crowds anyway!