St James' Park

Delima

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Man, that’s shit, sorry to hear. 

Might be one for the trust to raise if a lot of people are being priced out of that area. 

Too small an area with very few remainin ST holders unfortunately.

Played the game and lost I suppose [emoji38]

15 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Too small an area with very few remainin ST holders unfortunately.

Played the game and lost I suppose [emoji38]

Sorry, missed this. Your seat has went up in price dramatically and there’s no alternative available? Yeah, that definitely sounds like something that should be formally raised with the club

Section 11.2 in the T&Cs says if you think you’ve been treated unfairly then they will work with you to try to resolve specific issues. Worth mentioning that.

Edited by NSG

If there's only a small number of ST holders effected the club should allow them alternative seats, like. 

It's bollocks that you're already paying more than the average ST holder and then being punished for a ridiculous price hike. Can't expect people to drop £14k or lose their ST, man. 

7 minutes ago, NSG said:

Section 11.2 in the T&Cs says if you think you’ve been treated unfairly then they will work with you to try to resolve specific issues. Worth mentioning that.

Just for clarity (I did mention this in here at start of the season) they did offer an early bird move to the barracks for something around 4-500 quid extra pp as they said they may make changes to gallowgate club.

They said there was no guarantee of an alternative at a later date if this plan went ahead so they have sort of covered themselves there.

I just don't believe there is no availability anywhere for the few remaining ST holders there in an area that isn't 300% more in price [emoji38]

9 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Just for clarity (I did mention this in here at start of the season) they did offer an early bird move to the barracks for something around 4-500 quid extra pp as they said they may make changes to gallowgate club.

They said there was no guarantee of an alternative at a later date if this plan went ahead so they have sort of covered themselves there.

I just don't believe there is no availability anywhere for the few remaining ST holders there in an area that isn't 300% more in price [emoji38]

Have they definitely told you there’s no alternative?

10 minutes ago, SteV said:

Have they definitely told you there’s no alternative?

In no uncertain terms.

Edit, as below...

image.thumb.png.e28f1989c27c5936c1d211b6df216b22.png

Edited by NE27

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

In no uncertain terms.

Surprising. Although tbf I hadn’t seen what you’d said about what they’d said initially.

Like others have said, I’d contact the Trust.

5 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Understood. So in the end, they would probably just spend whatever they can which ever one they want, extending the Gallowgate or build a new stadium somewhere else.

Pretty much mate :) - it really depends on what the end outcome they’re seeking is.  KSA construction is heavily built around outcomes-driven scope; the cost can often go hang.  But in our case, they’re liable to find that a shiny new ground in the city might be as cost effective and they can fill it with revenue-driving exec facilities. 

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

In no uncertain terms.

Edit, as below...

image.thumb.png.e28f1989c27c5936c1d211b6df216b22.png

"Thank you for your continued support" whilst we make you ticketless and add you to a waiting list in the unlikely event you may get entered into a ballot. I'd be fuming [emoji38]

Just going on from the chat about moving to Leazes Park. I know that SJP is looking a little tired (noticed it a fair but when helping wor flags the other week), but it has soul and character. New stadiums don’t. Regardless of where we would move to, I don’t want it to happen at all 

5 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

If there's one thing I'm confident about it's that if we did build a new stadium the ambition would be to build one of the greatest stadiums in the world, so while a stadium could maybe be built on the cheap that is almost certainly not the approach we'd be taking.

Land costs are one of the key factors, as are in ground conditions.  Everton’s new ground is on reclaimed dock land - a potentially expensive site location, and the site purchase may have been expensive.  If NUFC offered to effectively rebuild Leazes Park on the site of the current SJP the purchase costs would be minimal.  Land purchase is what often is forgotten when comparing to London stadiums (along with space constrictions which often bloats construction programs).  Have a look at land prices in London and you’ll get a sense of how expensive building a stadium there would be. 

2 hours ago, NE27 said:

Absolutely zero joy with nufc on an alternative seat like.

Zero availability in any corporate and strictly no seats available in general sale areas.

Offered to join a waiting list, to enter a ballot if any corporate availability arises later in year.

Feels a little shan even if they did offer me a move before the season to try and mitigate this, but that was at an additional 400pp cost to the already 1.5k ticket. Plus barracks have had a 30% increase for the coming season so that would be a 1k increase for very little benefit imo.

They really aren't allowing any more ST's in general seating like, bastards[emoji38]

Sorry to hear that - that’s a pisser.  Huge error by the club.

This is the sort of thing a supporters trust is there to call out - but ours’ has its nose so firmly up the board’s arse I wouldn’t hold my breath. 

9 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

"Thank you for your continued support" whilst we make you ticketless and add you to a waiting list in the unlikely event you may get entered into a ballot. I'd be fuming [emoji38]

Aye, a nice kick in the nuts after killing all my hopes and dreams 

Thanks nufc for discontinuing my support [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Just going on from the chat about moving to Leazes Park. I know that SJP is looking a little tired (noticed it a fair but when helping wor flags the other week), but it has soul and character. New stadiums don’t. Regardless of where we would move to, I don’t want it to happen at all 

It’s got character because it’s been around for a while.  Character builds with time.  The 90s era stands didn’t have much character when they were built.  

12 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

:thup: Fully agree. Original grounds are some of the remaining fragments of English football's soul in the PL era imo and I'm quite proud that we still play at ours. Didn't really notice how proud I was until we took my granda to the Man Utd game back in April. Got thinking that's the exact same patch of grass that he watched Len White and Bobby Mitchell for us on. Don't think that feeling can be replicated at a new ground, will take generations at least.

It just needs some love that it's missed for the better part of 20 years. And some extra seats if it can be managed.

24 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

:thup: Fully agree. Original grounds are some of the remaining fragments of English football's soul in the PL era imo and I'm quite proud that we still play at ours. Didn't really notice how proud I was until we took my granda to the Man Utd game back in April. Got thinking that's the exact same patch of grass that he watched Len White and Bobby Mitchell for us on. Don't think that feeling can be replicated at a new ground, will take generations at least.

It just needs some love that it's missed for the better part of 20 years. And some extra seats if it can be managed.

100% agree with that point too.

Not saying that this applies to people on here and it is more so on social media, The Brown Bottle makes some extremely valid points as an example of why moving is probably a more viable option; but I read a lot of people clamming to move and it seems purely for vanity purposes. A renovated SJP for me any day of the week is preferential.

Went for a walk down the Tyne in Hebburn today and you can see SJP towering over the skyline. It’s a good 4/5 mile as the crow flies. Always gives me a sense of pride seeing it from miles. 

Edited by Danh1

As someone not in the UK I'm very curious about how the ticketing works. 

I can only imagine tickets will continue to rise along with success. There is no stopping that unfortunately.

@NE27 i think you are taking it well. Like you said, you gambled and lost. I'm curious why not take them up on the original offer? I understand it was more but i ain't it was also "better"? I'm not familiar with SJP so I'm honestly asking.

Not too sound out of touch, but the prices don't seem astronomical for the value provided. I'm used to insane tickets costs in the US northeast. 

I find some of the comments about increased ticket prices to be unfair. Are you seeing and getting a better product than under Ashley? How do you want the club to continue to invest but you want your tickets to stay the same. The club didn't go from relegation to 12th, they made CL and the ticket prices will start reflecting that. Totally normal imo.

I'll grant that they should consider ways to maintain some level of accessibility and not just run the whole stadium at full marked up prices. But i think it's unrealistic to expect the club to not increase prices to reflect the product on the pitch. 

Also, I've been following with interest the discussion around points and away tickets availability. It seems odd to me that the club wouldn't run an exchange, forcing ST holders to sell their tickets only through the exchange at minimal markup or if marked up, with a cut to the club. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Land costs are one of the key factors, as are in ground conditions.  Everton’s new ground is on reclaimed dock land - a potentially expensive site location, and the site purchase may have been expensive.  If NUFC offered to effectively rebuild Leazes Park on the site of the current SJP the purchase costs would be minimal.  Land purchase is what often is forgotten when comparing to London stadiums (along with space constrictions which often bloats construction programs).  Have a look at land prices in London and you’ll get a sense of how expensive building a stadium there would be. 

Agree about land costs. I'm just saying PIF is not going to fund a bog standard bowl or terrace stadium built as cheaply as possible. They'd want it to be a symbol of their project, a stadium guaranteed to host World Cup or Euro matches if England were to host, and likely a UEFA Category 4 stadium that could potentially host European finals. 

So I don't think the equation is SJP expansion vs. SoL/Leicester costs. It's more like SJP expansion vs. Tottenham Stadium (minus London land / construction costs, but potentially bigger and, at least in some ways, better).

Aye. I think this ticketting issue is a preview of whats to come. The owners will want to maximise whatever potential growth, investment and income that they can get out of the club in return to giving the football team whatever funds they can within the rules and limit.

Thus, it's not beyond imagination that if there is any truth to us moving into a new stadium at Leazes Park for the potential growth and income, the owners will likely take it. Yes, SJP has heritage and history but if it can't be further improved and limits the club in a number of ways, basically the owners will do what they want.

Again, I'd say moving to Leazes Park maybe the only acceptable location to some fans and then turning SJP into something better for the wider community. Yes, ideally, let's just stay at SJP but it remains to be seen how long will the owners be happy with either not redeveloping SJP or building a new stadium altogether.

Edited by nufcjb