St James' Park

Delima

7 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Just had confirmation of the gallowgate club changes.

ST is now £7000 with a minimum of two ST purchases for that area.

Looks like I'm looking for a new seat [emoji38]

How much of an increase is this?

Company I used to work for have tickets in the Milburn Suite and they got what they describe as a great deal for 10 years. It runs out after next season and they’re expecting a big hike. 

23 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Yup, excluding European fixtures no less :lol:

Christ. Not a good look.

Going to kill the atmosphere if there's a middle section in The Gallowgate full of corporate shitmunchers.

Edited by Sima

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Christ. Not a good look.

Going to kill the atmosphere in there if there's a middle section in The Gallowgate full of corporate shitmunchers.

It's the black and white gantry seats above gallowgate leading around to Millburn so they're pretty detached anyways, shite for any atmosphere as it's mostly shmoozing.

For reference, my ticket for last 5 year on this area has been circa 1500.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Unsurprising. Hopefully that puts a pin in that 'we should move to a bigger stadium so more people can afford it' argument. 

You could argue that in a bigger stadium there's more opportunity to keep a subset of tickets more affordable. In a smaller stadium every seat may need to be maximized for revenue (especially if demand remains high).

6 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Why?

Because as far as I can see the argument that we should have a bigger stadium so that more people can afford to come isn't based on anything other than hope. There's no evidence to back it up, if anything only the opposite. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

13 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

You could argue that in a bigger stadium there's more opportunity to keep a subset of tickets more affordable. In a smaller stadium every seat may need to be maximized for revenue (especially if demand remains high).

You could definitely make the argument, but as far as I can tell there's nothing that it would be based on. Almost every PL club's cheapest season tickets have gone up in the last 10 years, including those that have moved stadium or expanded. At best they've stayed the same while our consumer spending power has reduced. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

22 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You could definitely make the argument, but as far as I can tell there's nothing that it would be based on. Almost every PL club's cheapest season tickets have gone up in the last 10 years, including those that have moved stadium or expanded. At best they've stayed the same while our consumer spending power has reduced. 

I agree it's certainly not guaranteed. Most teams who build a new stadium raise prices, partially to help pay for it. 

I'll see if they're willing to negotiate somewhere else but gallowgate club and I think the barracks are/were the lowest of hospitality anyways.

C'est la vie.

What I get for ditching my original ticket in leazes all them years back [emoji38]:embarrassed:

35 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I'll see if they're willing to negotiate somewhere else but gallowgate club and I think the barracks are/were the lowest of hospitality anyways.

C'est la vie.

What I get for ditching my original ticket in leazes all them years back [emoji38]:embarrassed:

You’ll definitely get offered an alternative 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Sorry, where is there a £7k season ticket? 

"The Rooftops suite" formerly the Gallowgate club.

Looks like it's a champagne bar now [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, NE27 said:

"The Rooftops suite" formerly the Gallowgate club.

Looks like it's a champagne bar now [emoji38]

A couple of years ago, Ashley would have put a couple of dodgy chairs and tables on the Gallowgate roof, complete with the mildew, and charged you a premium for Squab, and whatever water you can sip out of the guttering.