St James' Park

Delima

Guest bimpy474

You can whittle on about "finances" and "competing" as much as you like but every single shred of evidence suggests that it's a plain and simple matter of Mike Ashley being a cunt and wanting to take the piss out of us again.

I dont think so, but its not about competing, it is however about finance, he doesn't want to spend another penny on us, he cant sell us to anyone and now bands us about like a whore for rent.

Lovely, and he also has the bonus of pissing us off too.

Btw if the intention of all of this is to generate income, why is it that most static advertising hoardings that previously showed other brands have now been changed to SportsDirect.com? Why reduce advertising time/space on the new electronic board by putting SportsDirect.com on every 20 seconds? It sort of makes sense if you're putting advertising in new places such as the Gallowgate roof, or even branding the entire stadium name, but someone needs to explain to me how replacing 80% of the hoarding from paying companies to a company which pays nothing is good finance.

This is something I have noticed.  There is so little advertising from other brands in the stadium compared to before Ashley took over.  Is it down to the economic climate? Unwillingness for other brands to associate themselves with Sports Direct?  A deliberate decision to promote SD pver everything else?  Whatever the reason, other advertising/sponsorship seems to be reduced each season.

It rankles when they complain about reduced revenue when there seems little attempt to attract new advertising.  They seem to have an "All" or "Nothing" policy.  Maybe they are genuinely trying to find new sponsors all the time but failing but we will never really know what the true motives are behind anything they do.

Someone get on the phone to whoever put the Shearer shirt up on the Angel and send him an XXXXXL "Sports Direct is f***ing s***" t-shirt.

We should litter the city with 'em. Paint it on the road outside the f***ing stadium if we have to.

I think a large scale t-shirt campaign would be a good thing, if someone were willing and able to sell them cheap enough. Which company is going to be wanting its potential customers wearing a "Your brand is s***" t-shirt?

http://i42.tinypic.com/25hpqib.png

Would be worth every penny.

:thup: I think incorporating a Kitbag ad is a good idea too.

Like someone said, I fear that would give him some satisfaction because his name is being put out there even more. Something like Sports Direct with a big cross through then KITBAG.COM in bigger writing would be more appropriate.

not a fan of Jack Whitehall, but just seen Sned has retweeted this

jackwhitehall Jack Whitehall

Mike Ashley changing the name of St James Park!!! That man is just desperate to be hated.

Every f***er knows its a silly move.

Even a few of my mates who don't even follow football think it's a fucking idiotic move.

That's still his brand in clear bright colours with meaningless smaller black text next to it... Just like up on the East stand.

Btw if the intention of all of this is to generate income, why is it that most static advertising hoardings that previously showed other brands have now been changed to SportsDirect.com? Why reduce advertising time/space on the new electronic board by putting SportsDirect.com on every 20 seconds? It sort of makes sense if you're putting advertising in new places such as the Gallowgate roof, or even branding the entire stadium name, but someone needs to explain to me how replacing 80% of the hoarding from paying companies to a company which pays nothing is good finance.

This is something I have noticed.  There is so little advertising from other brands in the stadium compared to before Ashley took over.  Is it down to the economic climate? Unwillingness for other brands to associate themselves with Sports Direct?  A deliberate decision to promote SD pver everything else?  Whatever the reason, other advertising/sponsorship seems to be reduced each season.

It rankles when they complain about reduced revenue when there seems little attempt to attract new advertising.  They seem to have an "All" or "Nothing" policy.  Maybe they are genuinely trying to find new sponsors all the time but failing but we will never really know what the true motives are behind anything they do.

I would say its 50/50 in that, the economic climate is obviously having a knock on effect on potential advertising revenue but I doubt Ashleys broken hearted about "showcasing" the Sports Direct thing

Someone get on the phone to whoever put the Shearer shirt up on the Angel and send him an XXXXXL "Sports Direct is f***ing s***" t-shirt.

We should litter the city with 'em. Paint it on the road outside the f***ing stadium if we have to.

I think a large scale t-shirt campaign would be a good thing, if someone were willing and able to sell them cheap enough. Which company is going to be wanting its potential customers wearing a "Your brand is s***" t-shirt?

:thup: I think incorporating a Kitbag ad is a good idea too.

Like someone said, I fear that would give him some satisfaction because his name is being put out there even more. Something like Sports Direct with a big cross through then KITBAG.COM in bigger writing would be more appropriate.

Star out some of the shitty brand name then.

That's still his brand in clear bright colours with meaningless black text next to it... Just like the on the East stand.

Exactly what I was gonna say.

Aye, areet lads. It was a pisstake, not a creative directors meeting :laugh:

has to be a huge rendition of 'Stand up for St. James' Park' going around at the Chelsea game and also at both Manchester teams at the very least.

Thoroughly expecting the mong brigade to be outside SJP with a bedsheet or two for SSN tomorrow too.

Good idea, not the mong brigade though.

not a fan of Jack Whitehall, but just seen Sned has retweeted this

jackwhitehall Jack Whitehall

Mike Ashley changing the name of St James Park!!! That man is just desperate to be hated.

Every f***er knows its a silly move.

Even a few of my mates who don't even follow football think it's a f***ing idiotic move.

Yeah everyone ive told about this have all simply said to me "disgusting" before i even ranted about it myself so it's not just toon fans or even football followers that think this is wrong

Guest bimpy474

I've been reading into the Fair play rules, Ashley cant name the stadium Sports Direct Arena and pay the club for it, it would mean the owner putting large sums of money into the club, which is outlawed, so thats the naming rights explained to a degree, the fair rules are seemingly all about clubs living within their income, fair enough i suppose but all that will mean is bigger clubs will just get bigger surely.

Just read about the Man City stadium naming, http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/07/manchester-city-naming-rights.

Its says in that article that UEFA wont start looking into clubs books until 2013/14 but will take the previous two years into account as well.