St James' Park

Delima

Really are sports direct giving us any cash though!?  Are they fuck

Not a penny.

Would you rather he repaid £10m a year from the loan he has with the club?

The free sponsorship is his way of getting his money's worth - weather cash comes in and goes back to MA or no money moves, same end result

So you honestly think he's sitting at financial year end going, 'right that's £8m worth of sponsorship from Newcastle, that's only £92m that they owe me and the cost of any sale down'?  :lol:

:thup:

Ashley isn't going to give money away, he knows he can get away with this for free and it will make no difference to the price he eventually sells at (which will include debts).

Really are sports direct giving us any cash though!?  Are they f***

Not a penny.

Would you rather he repaid £10m a year from the loan he has with the club?

The free sponsorship is his way of getting his money's worth - weather cash comes in and goes back to MA or no money moves, same end result

So you honestly think he's sitting at financial year end going, 'right that's £8m worth of sponsorship from Newcastle, that's only £92m that they owe me and the cost of any sale down'?  :lol:

saved me typing something to a similar effect :lol:

madness

Would people have preferred if they came out and said "yeah, we changed it, we own the stadium and we want our brand on it" rather than to peddle this bullshit about showcasing it? Personally, I'm not sure, but I really don't think it's a clever move to lie to the fans AGAIN.

Are people angry beacuse it is Ashley who has done it, or just because they don't want the name changing? I would have thought even if we had a new owner he would have done the same.

The problem i have is that there is no chance we will see any of the money from selling naming rights.

i think most of us feel the same, people won't be so upset about all this if we actually get paid good money for it.

I'm not bothered that it's Ashley or that we aren't getting money for it right now.

Some things are more important than money and the name of SJP should be forever. Otherwise football is really nothing more than a business any more.

Ok, we all like to bash out words on the internet and I would guess 99% are unhappy about this.

Personally, I dont want to see the atmosphere at SJP become negative again. The manager and team deserve better.

There is however something we can all do that will take less than a minute.

A chap on Toontastic has pointed out that while Ashley owns the Arena and can therefor do whatever he likes, he doesnt own the land and the land is known as St. Jame's Park.

Fill in this contact form to Barry Rowland, chief executive of Newcastle City council urging him to have street signage made "marking" St James Park. The council could put this on every corner of the ground and even leading to the ground. Nice and big in Black and White.

http://www2.newcastle.gov.uk/contact.nsf/feedback?readform=&%253Bform=cxocontact

Might achieve nothing, might achieve something and takes less than a minute.

:thup:

Done

Also done.

You can shove your for sale signs up your arse Llambias. And Ashley you can tell your sports direct that they can stick a few cheap signs wherever they want, our heritage is not for sale.

Guest sydneycove

I really hope I get to come back in here and laugh when we have signed off on a new front shirt and stadium sponsor.

You're definitely younger than 21 like. CHILDISH

How is that childish. I want to be able to come in here and laugh at the whole situation nobody else just the situation.

I really hope I get to come back in here and laugh when we have signed off on a new front shirt and stadium sponsor.

Reminds me of...

When we spend a load of money in the summer, I hope we're going to hear a few apologies from those who, by that time, will have bored the rest of us to distraction with months and months of pointless moaning.

apayingsponsor@St James Park isn't an attractive option though. A Paying Sponsor Stadium and front shirt sponsorship is attractive. Wouldn't be suprised to see this be a sponsor from the Middle East or Asia.

Since we have come up nothing major Mike Ashley has done has had an adverse effect on the club or fans yet everything is going to ruin the clubs heart and soul.

I'm not against renaming rights as such, as unfortunately this is the way that the world of sport and not just football in general has panned out.  The self-imposed deadline from the club to find a new shirt sponsor and the fact that it is yet more free advertising for Ashley's primary business concern that rankles - as someone posted earlier in this thread why not give a charity the seven months of free advertising space instead of his tacky, already over-advertised business.

As for heart and soul, that was ripped from football when it bcame a commodity for Sky and no longer the weekend following of the working man but an excuse for corporate days out.

Are people angry beacuse it is Ashley who has done it, or just because they don't want the name changing? I would have thought even if we had a new owner he would have done the same.

The problem i have is that there is no chance we will see any of the money from selling naming rights.

i think most of us feel the same, people won't be so upset about all this if we actually get paid good money for it.

I'm not bothered that it's Ashley or that we aren't getting money for it right now.

Some things are more important than money and the name of SJP should be forever. Otherwise football is really nothing more than a business any more.

i agree,  just think that this free advertising act of Ashley make it worse

He also said that retail brings in "nothing".  I always thought we did quite well on the merchandiing side of things.

Perhaps we could stimulate retail income by freshening up the club strip. Some primary colours perhaps?

Love the front page of the Chronicle. Not read the stuff inside but fair play to them for that.

Indeed. I posted it a couple of pages ago  :aww:

http://tmg.cdn.mobileiq.mobi/ms/ri/aHR0cDovL2ltYWdlcy5pY25ldHdvcmsuY28udWsvdXBsL25lY2hyb25pY2FsL25vdjIwMTEvNC85L2Zyb250LXBhZ2Utbm92ZW1iiZXItMTAtMjAxMS01OTAzODAzMzYuanBn/x:240

Love the front page of the Chronicle. Not read the stuff inside but fair play to them for that.

Indeed. I posted it a couple of pages ago  :aww:

http://tmg.cdn.mobileiq.mobi/ms/ri/aHR0cDovL2ltYWdlcy5pY25ldHdvcmsuY28udWsvdXBsL25lY2hyb25pY2FsL25vdjIwMTEvNC85L2Zyb250LXBhZ2Utbm92ZW1iiZXItMTAtMjAxMS01OTAzODAzMzYuanBn/x:240

That's immense. Good to see the local press aren't shitting their panties and applauding Lord Mike.