St James' Park

Delima

The commentary I was listening to yesterday the commentator kept referring to the stadium as "The First Direct Stadium"

I'm still unsure if he is actually clueless or intentionally trying to piss off the club by slyly saying it's never going to work.

I'm no wraith fan but at least he's doing something, rather than quietly standing aside and letting the name of SJP die. That's what will happen when the new generation of fans grow up listening to BBC and the likes calling it SDA repeatedly. Good on him and anyone else who makes a stand.

While i'm on, why is the "arena" in the SDA signs smaller than the "Sports Direct"? Answer: because the arena is insignificant in comparison with his company.

:thup:

If he'd smeared s*** all over himself and ran around the ground with a big sign saying "It'll always be St. James' Park" he would have been 'doing something'. 'Doing something ' f***ing stupid and ridiculous like this doesn't automatically mean he deserves praise. 

I don't have a problem with what he's done, it's over the top but it's also quite funny at the same time.

:thup:

Dennis: 'We're Devastated'

By Dan King - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Dennis Knight was next in line to take a penalty in the FA Youth Cup quarter-final - but didn't get a chance as Newcastle crashed out on spot-kicks to Blackburn.

The gifted midfielder was number four on Dave Watson's list, but Ben Sayer, JJ Hooper and Michael Hoganson all missed and Rovers scored each of their three spot-kicks to take them through to the last four.

It was hard to take for the ex-Walbottle Campus Technology College pupil after an enthralling match which finished 2-2 after 90 minutes and stayed that way despite extra time.

And he gave an insight into the mood of the stunned home dressing room when he spoke exclusively to nufc.co.uk.

"There's not much talking, to be fair," he said. "Everyone's down, and we're just trying to pick everyone up. There's a few lads who are really upset - but we need to get everyone back together and concentrate on the league.

"Ben Sayer is absolutely gutted. He just can't seem to get himself around it. But hopefully we'll get everyone back together and pick it up from there.

"It wasn't the best game we've played - we're much better than what we showed - but we got the two goals. We knew we'd score but we conceded two sloppy goals and then penalties is just a horrible way to end a game.

"I was fourth. I wanted to first but when we were asking for volunteers, everyone was shouting 'one' and 'two' and I trusted them and let them go.

"But it just wasn't to be. It wasn't our night tonight."

By the time extra time came around - even before penalties - several players were clearly tired and some, including Knight, were struggling with cramp.

"There are a few lads who get it regularly, like me," he explained. "I don't know what it is; I've tried working on it with my diet and stuff like that but maybe it's just the pitch - it's so big. It could be the tension, I don't know, but hopefully it's something I can work on."

Alan Pardew, John Carver, Steve Stone and Andy Woodman were among a crowd of 2,026 and Knight paid tribute to the die-hard supporters who came along.

"It was absolutely tremendous," he said. "The fans were brilliant - ty always are at the Sports Direct Arena.

"After the game, I was down after the penalties and I could hear the fans. That made me happier, so thanks to the fans and we're gutted we couldn't get through for them."

:anguish:

Dennis: 'We're Devastated'

By Dan King - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Dennis Knight was next in line to take a penalty in the FA Youth Cup quarter-final - but didn't get a chance as Newcastle crashed out on spot-kicks to Blackburn.

The gifted midfielder was number four on Dave Watson's list, but Ben Sayer, JJ Hooper and Michael Hoganson all missed and Rovers scored each of their three spot-kicks to take them through to the last four.

It was hard to take for the ex-Walbottle Campus Technology College pupil after an enthralling match which finished 2-2 after 90 minutes and stayed that way despite extra time.

And he gave an insight into the mood of the stunned home dressing room when he spoke exclusively to nufc.co.uk.

"There's not much talking, to be fair," he said. "Everyone's down, and we're just trying to pick everyone up. There's a few lads who are really upset - but we need to get everyone back together and concentrate on the league.

"Ben Sayer is absolutely gutted. He just can't seem to get himself around it. But hopefully we'll get everyone back together and pick it up from there.

"It wasn't the best game we've played - we're much better than what we showed - but we got the two goals. We knew we'd score but we conceded two sloppy goals and then penalties is just a horrible way to end a game.

"I was fourth. I wanted to first but when we were asking for volunteers, everyone was shouting 'one' and 'two' and I trusted them and let them go.

"But it just wasn't to be. It wasn't our night tonight."

By the time extra time came around - even before penalties - several players were clearly tired and some, including Knight, were struggling with cramp.

"There are a few lads who get it regularly, like me," he explained. "I don't know what it is; I've tried working on it with my diet and stuff like that but maybe it's just the pitch - it's so big. It could be the tension, I don't know, but hopefully it's something I can work on."

Alan Pardew, John Carver, Steve Stone and Andy Woodman were among a crowd of 2,026 and Knight paid tribute to the die-hard supporters who came along.

"It was absolutely tremendous," he said. "The fans were brilliant - ty always are at the Sports Direct Arena.

"After the game, I was down after the penalties and I could hear the fans. That made me happier, so thanks to the fans and we're gutted we couldn't get through for them."

:anguish:

:nope: Someone causing mischief.

For your MP:

Dear ......

I am a Newcastle United fan and I am strongly opposed to the changing of the stadium name. A group of NUFC fans are planning to hire advertising space on the billboards directly opposite the Gallowgate End at St James' Park. It will simply say "St James' Park, always has been, always will be. United we stand."

It is going to cost well over £3,000 to pay for this. We are asking fellow fans to donate whatever amount they can. A Paypal account is set up to handle the donations we receive. I would like to ask if we could count on your support? Whilst a cash donation would be very welcome, your voice would be a great help too. We urge you to gather support from fellow MPs; not just in the Newcastle area, but across the country as I'm sure a lot of football fans of other clubs will sympathise with the us. People such as yourself, high profile and in the public eye, could make a huge difference to our campaign. Please support us.

Saw this on facetube. Decent idea IMO

That's a pretty convincing way to lose a shootout, 3-0 after three each. :lol:

Good idea about the billboards, wonder if Llambias would veto it? Probably could if he wanted, do we always fill the boards with ads?

Guest WashyGeordie

For your MP:

Dear ......

I am a Newcastle United fan and I am strongly opposed to the changing of the stadium name. A group of NUFC fans are planning to hire advertising space on the billboards directly opposite the Gallowgate End at St James' Park. It will simply say "St James' Park, always has been, always will be. United we stand."

It is going to cost well over £3,000 to pay for this. We are asking fellow fans to donate whatever amount they can. A Paypal account is set up to handle the donations we receive. I would like to ask if we could count on your support? Whilst a cash donation would be very welcome, your voice would be a great help too. We urge you to gather support from fellow MPs; not just in the Newcastle area, but across the country as I'm sure a lot of football fans of other clubs will sympathise with the us. People such as yourself, high profile and in the public eye, could make a huge difference to our campaign. Please support us.

:thup: :clap:

Posted this before, but I checked that possibility when the whole renaming thing was announced. Back then - unless I was reading it incorrectly - those billboards were booked up over a year in advance, presumably due to the sheer amount of exposure they get thanks to the SJP crowds. Can't see why it would have changed.

For your MP:

Dear ......

Have you got a link?

Guest WashyGeordie

For your MP:

Dear ......

Have you got a link?

Seen it on Facebook, posted by Steve Wraith and ToonTalk Magazine...