St James' Park

Delima

Guest neesy111

Pretty non plussed about a screen, but they seem to be in most grounds now and the replays are pretty good for us um... short arses occasionally.

60m2 seems pretty standard. Man City have two 60m2 screens, and guessing Tottenhams are the same, but Arsenals are both 72m2 as far as I can see, so not sure about the joint biggest claim?

I'll be surprised if anyone from the gallowgate will be able to see anything on it.

http://i.imgur.com/ybvUy4Q.jpg

Hardly the clubs fault if people misunderstand what 60m2 looks like :hmm:

Probably a case of people reading BIGGEST SCREEN in the PL and looking at the available space without caring for the stated dimensions. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

http://i.imgur.com/ybvUy4Q.jpg

Hardly the clubs fault if people misunderstand what 60m2 looks like :hmm:

Probably a case of people reading BIGGEST SCREEN in the PL and looking at the available space without caring for the stated dimensions. :lol:

:lol: True, most are in empty corners too so look bigger. That looks shit with such a huge stand around it

Someone on Twitter saying it's just the bracket, doesn't help that it's a s**** photo.

My guess that it's the upper centre and the actual screen will be 3 times that length and twice the height, it has to be.  :lol:

Doubt it, the screen covers the scaffold that's shown on the back on the other pic.  Looks oughly 20 feet high and 30 feet wide which matches the 60 square meters they're talking about.  Looks shit and they should have gone for bigger, but quite possibly is one of the biggest LED screen in the Premier League at 60 square meters.

EDIT:

Arsenal's screens are listed as 70 square meter LED.

I look forward to this being cited as Mike Ashley's continuing investment in Newcastle. Ignoring the fact it will have been paid for by the club rather than Ashley, whilst advertising his business of course.

From an aesthetic point of view it makes the stadium look worse.

Read somewhere else that the screen is being paid for by the IRB (International Rugby Board) as part of the RWC 15 criteria.

So not even coming out of club coffers.... but I bet they try and dress it up as such.

On another note, I thought this was being installed as one of the conditions so SJP could host some rugby league pish.  Can't imagine the bosses there being to happy with this.  "and lets go to the video judge...."  will just be an image of fat mike with his thumb up or down to indicate if it was a try or not.

The WC one will be empty so would presumably only sell tickets in that area, the magic weekend crap usually gets 35k max doesnt it? They could chuck a temporary one for those in the Gallowgate if needed i guess.

Good points.  Upon reflection can't believe he didn't move fans out of the strawberry corner and stuck one there.    Wonder if we'll get to see the King having his breakdown on the big screen. 

I also thought it was a condition of the Rugby world cup for use on video referee incidents, but if something happens in the strawberry corner of the gallowgate the ref will be craning his neck to see what the hell is going on....................so amateurish 

surely would have been better off on the gallowgate roof directly above the goal,  seems to be where most clubs put there screens/scoreboards.

Do you mean on top of the roof, or hanging from it?  If it was hanging it'd block the view of the leazes end of the pitch for people in the back of the gallowgate.

Dunno how safe a giant screen would be on top of the (edge) of the roof, either