St James' Park

Delima

10 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

They’re shipping containers at the end of the day. Only so much you can do to tart them up. They looked shite when they were at the bottom of Northumberland Street. 

Your opinion like. Mine was that they were canny, I quite enjoyed going there but hope there's a better selection of beers.

9 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Fucking hell some of you absolutely must hate life. Anything to have a winge ffs. 

but, but, europe.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Heineken in a placca glass surrounded by spray tanned #lads and charvers? Nah, plenty other options in the town.

Almasty when I went and didn't go Friday or Saturdays in the summer.

They’re a temporary eyesore tbf.  Wasn’t that long ago Ashley sold that land off for pretty much nowt.  I’m glad it’s back with the club.  If we stay at SJP, I’d expect it will look very different five years from now 

Just now, Menace said:

Boxpark is overrated shite.

Overrated yes but the point was the finished product can look decent compared to what it looks like now in an unfinished state. 

10 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I'm trying to think why one was painted yellow then they painted most of it blue and left it?

Then which bellend painted 'stack' on with spray paint.

It's unfinished....but your right it looks shit

Because that’s how you paint murals man. :lol: 

Fuckin’ hell. Has no one seen this process before?

I get that they are just shipping containers and aren’t this amazing thing but at least let them finish the whole project before we start hearing ignorant shit like “which bellend spray painted stack” about it. 

Posted (edited)

Anyone recently bought a new build?

Just been to view mine and it looks nothing like the pictures in the brochure.

new_houses.jpg

Actually fuming.

Edited by TBG

Have all the people whinging a) Seen what Stack is and ever been and b) taken into account it's literally a temporary thing until they can do something better with it?

I've been to Stack a few times and the whole idea is that it's a reclaiming of shipping containers turned into a drinks place - the one at the bottom of Northumberland St was great. I don't get the hate.

1 hour ago, TBG said:

Anyone recently bought a new build?

Just been to view mine and it looks nothing like the pictures in the brochure.

new_houses.jpg

Actually fuming.

Raging at the state of my alleged Tesla

IMG_5763.jpeg.a3cae719e5b9faaf2329497c1afcaf3a.jpeg

12 hours ago, madras said:

Almasty when I went and didn't go Friday or Saturdays in the summer.

Gives me hope for when they get rid of the catering contracts at SJP

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, SAK said:

It’s not complete yet, see Boxpark Shoreditch London, can look pretty decent.

IMG_1104.jpeg

IMG_1103.jpeg

IMG_1102.jpeg

IMG_1100.jpeg

IMG_1101.webp

They have one of these right next to where I work (once a month) in Croydon. Its absolutely shit... And no one goes in. Surprised its still open. 

Ours might cater to a different audience, given it's right next to SJP and it could do well on match day for that reason alone.

But as a standalone place, it's not great...

Edit: Appreciate it is temporary...

Edited by BlazeT44

3 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Because that’s how you paint murals man. :lol: 

Fuckin’ hell. Has no one seen this process before?

I get that they are just shipping containers and aren’t this amazing thing but at least let them finish the whole project before we start hearing ignorant shit like “which bellend spray painted stack” about it. 

The containers at the moment still have the designs from when they were originally used for Stack. Some of them still even have the old shop branding and interior stuff inside. There's a coffee shop one that used to be in Stack. 

I'm assuming they'll all be completely repainted and then rebranded with whatever will be in each one. 

14 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I'm trying to think why one was painted yellow then they painted most of it blue and left it?

Then which bellend painted 'stack' on with spray paint.

It's unfinished....but your right it looks shit

:lol:

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I like Boxpark Croydon :lol:

It's been pretty busy all the times I've been.

Out of curiosity, is it Saturday night it gets full? If so, I couldn't say (as I'm never there over the weekend). I've stayed over on a Friday night once and it was dead, but again, it was late September...

1 hour ago, Slim said:

Gives me hope for when they get rid of the catering contracts at SJP

You can get cans of Brewdog inside SJP now. Would be nice for the likes of full circle and two by two etc to get their stuff in there.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

Out of curiosity, is it Saturday night it gets full? If so, I couldn't say (as I'm never there over the weekend). I've stayed over on a Friday night once and it was dead, but again, it was late September...

Erm, not sure but obvs weekends will be busiest. If people are working in central London they might tend to go out there before heading home. 

Highly recommend hip-hop karaoke if you're there for one. (No I didn't do a song :lol: )

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

40 minutes ago, madras said:

You can get cans of Brewdog inside SJP now. Would be nice for the likes of full circle and two by two etc to get their stuff in there.

There is anarchy(cans) and Newcastle gin within the barracks also.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Erm, not sure but obvs weekends will be busiest. If people are working in central London they might tend to go out there before heading home. 

Highly recommend hip-hop karaoke if you're there for one. (No I didn't do a song :lol: )

I've been to the PPF and some Home Office spaces around there, used it for my lunch once or twice and thought it was decent tbh. There was other people in there with me too, although this was pre-pandemic.

1 hour ago, madras said:

Yeah rather not support Brewdog either if I can help it.

Tbh I always just bring a few cans in with me.  Never been caught.

Posted (edited)

I think Stack could be a great addition with the right products on sale, ideal location pre and post match with live music on, could be a great addition to match day experience if they get it right.

Harry Palmer coming out of retirement for first game would be a great start.

Edited by Whitley mag