St James' Park

Delima

2 hours ago, WilliamPS said:

It’s now brewed inside the stadium, if you go in the home end you can gawp at the brewery. Think it’s only neck oil though.

For SJP Bring back McEwans, the red, blue and green cans - I can’t remember which one is lager/bitter/ale but it doesn’t matter when they all tasted like shite anyway

Controversial opinion to most on here, but McEwan's Export is a better drink than any of these over-hopped, grapefruit juice tasting "craft" beers.

And McEwan's 80 bob was better still, but I haven't seen that in decades.

2 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Controversial opinion to most on here, but McEwan's Export is a better drink than any of these over-hopped, grapefruit juice tasting "craft" beers.

If it's nostalgia we're after..... 

1_4a794e5ec43d9b60a79cd43e208df1f8.thumb.jpg.46a0aa515c6d862dd825a352903eba47.jpg

3 minutes ago, bigfella said:

I used to live just round the corner from The Diggers in Edinburgh, which is renowned for its McEwan's 80 Shilling, great pub and pint.

1 hour ago, bigfella said:

I love craft as much as the next, but will always drink best scotch in the local.

Lush.

Anyone know if it’s pay on the day tomorrow?

Wor lass is going to her sisters for the weekend, if I finish early enough I might go up.

2 hours ago, bigfella said:

McEwans Export...... the taste of New year.

Many, many years ago (like 25 years back at least) I swear I saw Brown Ale on tap somewhere.

Anyone confirm that was a thing?

25 minutes ago, midds said:

Can you still get any Exhibition in town? Or anywhere else for that matter.

Not sure if it's still brewed anymore, but the best pint of Ex you could get anywhere was at the Hodgson's Arms, next door to the old brewery.

17 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Doesn’t matter that much for Tadcaster Brown Ale!

Not even sure if it's brewed in Tadcaster anymore, think it might be made in The Netherlands these days.

22 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Many, many years ago (like 25 years back at least) I swear I saw Brown Ale on tap somewhere.

Definitely was a thing. Can't remember when or where.

22 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

You could get in Newcastle around 10 year ago, not seen it myself since.

9 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Exhibition was a fighting beer.

Dont know why but it triggered Neanderthal once imbibed 😂 

We drink Ex
We drink Brown
We're gonna wreck your fucking Town

Exhibition was actually a pretty decent drink. Everything else that came from S&N though was absolute piss.

The best thing to come out of the Scottish & Newcastle brewery was this advert for McEwan's Lager. Absolutely epic & simply wouldn't be made today.

6 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Exhibition was actually a pretty decent drink. Everything else that came from S&N though was absolute piss.

The best thing to come out of the Scottish & Newcastle brewery was this advert for McEwan's Lager. Absolutely epic & simply wouldn't be made today.

Sure I've posted that old ad on here years ago. Can hear it now without even clicking on it

1 minute ago, midds said:

Sure I've posted that old ad on here years ago. Can hear it now without even clicking on it

It's awesome. Incredibly creative for a 2 minute feature. And the tune by Win is pure class too.

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

It's awesome. Incredibly creative for a 2 minute feature. And the tune by Win is pure class too.

From 1986 from what I can gather ???

2 hours ago, TomYam said:

Definitely was a thing. Can't remember when or where.

Was not uncommon. Rosies Im pretty sure used to have it, amongst others in town, for some reason I think maybe Tilleys too

can’t remember exactly as I only ever noticed it as I ordered my Foster’s…