St James' Park

Delima

5 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Anyone know the crack with this ?

455218207_902813768557537_5713805154275086457_n.jpg

The guy who owns the houses behind also somehow owns a small strip of land outside the turnstiles.

He’s just trying to be awkward in the hopes that our owners end up buying it off him for what I presume will be a massively inflated fee.

Wonder if a new stadium could be used for some PSR shenanigans.

IE - PIF build the stadium then sell it to A N Other (A Saudi company) for 1BN. Or maybe build it and outsource the clubs hospitality facilities for 50m per year to same...

1 minute ago, Lazarus said:

Wonder if a new stadium could be used for some PSR shenanigans.

IE - PIF build the stadium then sell it to A N Other (A Saudi company) for 1BN. Or maybe build it and outsource the clubs hospitality facilities for 50m per year to same...

Eh?

Building it wouldn’t impact our PSR. Might as well just build it and rake in the money from matches and other events.

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

Agree with all the above - I'd rather stick with SJP exactly as it is than move out of the city

Only people who have no links to Tyneside say otherwise. Sadly there are people out there 

13 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Buy the land. Then sell it.

4 minutes ago, Sima said:

To FIP Investments for £5bn

Doubt we’d sell the land. Main source of annual income along with the Hoppings. The Freeman in general though would be pro a new stadium if they can be of help in other ways.

28 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The guy who owns the houses behind also somehow owns a small strip of land outside the turnstiles.

He’s just trying to be awkward in the hopes that our owners end up buying it off him for what I presume will be a massively inflated fee.

You have to respect it.

1 hour ago, WilliamPS said:

No idea what that last sentence is about, if that’s what you think fine but I don’t agree.

On the stadium size, Spurs only built 60,000, Arsenal the same, Liverpool now have 62,000, Man City have 54,000 and attendance issues. Once you have European football regularly and good cup campaigns regularly the opportunities to go get much wider and ultimately the cost caps how often people can afford to go.

Only Man Utd are substantially larger than 60,000 and they have the biggest fan base in world football.

IMO a 70,000+ would end up with empty seats. It’s why nobody else has gone to that size. 

Spurs have around 80,000 on their ST waiting list. Arsenal similar numbers. If you join Liverpools waiting list now your estimated wait time to get to the front of the queue is in 25 years time. We could sell 70k every week easily.  At present a member only has a 25% chance of being successful in the ballot and general sale is just a complete no go these days.

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

Imagine his surprise at us just moving the stadium away a few hundred yards :lol: