St James' Park

Delima

14 minutes ago, Sean said:

What is the latest we have heard from the club re: new training ground.

Have we heard anything yet? I haven't exactly been checking every day so am probably not up to date on developments.

When the takeover happened they mentioned this very early - I would have expected some movement in 3 years, bearing in mind timescales to actually build something better than just fit for purpose.

Much like SJP, we know they want to do something, but nothing has been officially mentioned.

10 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I’m assuming with the appointments of Brad Miller and Paul Mitchell that any plans they had will be getting looked at again

I don’t think there is much to look at again. This will only be saying what is and isn’t possible, what we get with option 1, and what we would get with option 2 etc.

Once it’s in the club will have a board meeting, look it, probably have a preferred choice themselves, then put it to the fans to see if they will swallow it, and also go to the council, and anyone else they need to go too and see if they will swallow it.

9 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I don’t think there is much to look at again. This will only be saying what is and isn’t possible, what we get with option 1, and what we would get with option 2 etc.

Once it’s in the club will have a board meeting, look it, probably have a preferred choice themselves, then put it to the fans to see if they will swallow it, and also go to the council, and anyone else they need to go too and see if they will swallow it.

I would hope that nearly three years in there would have been some relatively solid new training ground plans that were at a present-to-the-board stage

I was going to come in here and say we're not going to get any stadium or training ground news during this international break are we?

Then I see Man Utd are going forward with their own stadium plans today. Fuck me, we really do misuse and overuse the word imminnent don't we?

Edited by nufcjb

5 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I was going to come in here and say we're not going to get any stadium or training ground news during this international break are we?

Then I see Man Utd are going forward with their own stadium plans today. Fuck me, we really do misuse and overuse the word imminnent don't we?

I saw that, big Jim going to get his public money pot is he?

5 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Aye it's just been on SSN about Man Utds stadiums plans. They're looking at 100k capacity.

7 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Maybe if the fans made a bigger vocal effort in terms of being Pro a new stadium then announcements would be quicker. One of my biggest concerns is how concerned the club is upsetting the fans with a new stadium and procrastinating about making the sensible decision. If they knew there is more support for it then they probably realise we could get a move on.

This and I’m guessing when there is an announcement everything will be good to go and things move quickly rather than hit hurdle after hurdle, obstruction after obstruction.

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Aye, that was now a month ago.

Hopefully, whatever Man Utd are doing and the buzz they are generating with any stadium plans of their's will give our lot a kick up the backside, to wake up and atleast release whatever they have found out to the fans. It wouldn't have bothered me too much had they not said what they said and used that word on more than one occasion. At least say something. 

Edited by nufcjb

3 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Hopefully, whatever Man Utd are doing and the buzz they are generating with any stadium plans of their's will give our lot a kick up the backside, to wake up and atleast release whatever they have found out to the fans. It wouldn't have bothered me too much had they not said what they said and used that word on more than one occasion. At least say something.

Yeah, it’s starting to become tedious, misleading, and getting the fans excited for no reason at all.

A friendly reminder that Man Utd are fortunate enough to already own the majority of the land around Old Trafford.

A luxury we do not have.

11 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I saw that, big Jim going to get his public money pot is he?

Looks that way. There's a reason why he was wining and dining Starmer and Coe.

Cunt doesn't even pay tax in this country yet he's going to get a chunk of our money.

10 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Yeah, it’s starting to become tedious, misleading, and getting the fans excited for no reason at all.

Probably because until I'm shown otherwise they have very little intention of spending the money some expect them to.

Talk of a new ground is pie in the sky. Outside PR stunts and cheap tweaks (changing the font on the East Stand and tarting up the concourses), there's been very little spent on SJP. Still got the shite one screen on the Leazes wall.

Absolutely zero about a training ground as well. We're coming up to three years since they took over and they've announced nothing as far as significant spend on infrastructure goes.

Edited by Sima

2 hours ago, Sima said:

Looks that way. There's a reason why he was wining and dining Starmer and Coe.

Cunt doesn't even pay tax in this country yet he's going to get a chunk of our money.

If tax payer money is used to pay for a 2nd large scale modern football stadium in Manchester then that's just taking the fucking piss

Seb Coe and Brexit Jim are claiming this is a "once-in-a-generation project to develop of a world-class stadium for the north of England". Aye rights. Fucking arseholes.

Man City have a world class state of the art stadium 3 miles away from Old Trafford and that was initially taxpayer funded before City moved in

One of the richest and most popular clubs in the world can pay for its own fucking stadium. The brass necked cunts asking for government cash when we're struggling to maintain basic public services.

Edited by bobbydazzla

Forgot to mention actually, when I was in town a week ago today they were removing them basic bitch stand signs that Ashley installed on the gallowgate.

Just to add to the tarting up but nothing major stance.

10 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

If tax payer money is used to pay for a 2nd large scale modern football stadium in Manchester then that's just taking the fucking piss

Seb Coe and Brexit Jim are claiming this is a "once-in-a-generation project to develop of a world-class stadium for the north of England". Aye rights. Fucking arseholes

Man City have a world class state of the art stadium 3 miles away from Old Trafford and that was initially taxpayer funded before City moved in

One of the richest and most popular clubs in the world can pay for its own fucking stadium. The brass necked cunts asking for government cash when we're struggling to maintain basic public services.

Not to turn this into a political debate, but when one of the main stories of the day is cutting the winter fuel allowance to save £1.5bn a year, giving (by Jim's own estimates) £2bn to build a stadium isn't the best look...

5 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Not to turn this into a political debate, but when one of the main stories of the day is cutting the winter fuel allowance to save £1.5bn a year, giving (by Jim's own estimates) £2bn to build a stadium isn't the best look...

Pffft the cold pensioners could stay warm in the stadium! 2 birds one stone!

I hope PIF make an announcement soon that we are leaving. I suppose they need to make sure we can go somewhere before they can do this!!

My preference all along has been Castle Leazes, which, although it has some space limitations, is the best option with regards to the least likely opposition by NIMBYS, close to (walkable) the city center and close to St James, which could mean some kind of "memory lane" attraction or park.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Probably because until I'm shown otherwise they have very little intention of spending the money some expect them to.

Talk of a new ground is pie in the sky. Outside PR stunts and cheap tweaks (changing the font on the East Stand and tarting up the concourses), there's been very little spent on SJP. Still got the shite one screen on the Leazes wall.

Absolutely zero about a training ground as well. We're coming up to three years since they took over and they've announced nothing as far as significant spend on infrastructure goes.

The people needed in the positions required for such things have only been in their jobs a matter of months.

Find your opening paragraph mind blowing. How you or anyone can come to that conclusion constantly amazes me [emoji38]

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

The people needed in the positions required for such things have only been in their jobs a matter of months.

Find your opening paragraph mind blowing. How you or anyone can come to that conclusion constantly amazes me [emoji38]

After 2 1/2 years they have only just employed people in a role which will give them a significant boost to operating revenue?

It’s probably because no “big steps” have been made.  So much consulting/feasibility studying going on.

Yes, the training ground has been updated but that is the current training ground and not a new one.

Playing Devil’s Advocate there was nothing stopping PIF committing a few billion to a stadium in the opening six months (site permitting).  That’s a real statement of intent.

It would be interesting to see a new Swiss Ramble report from October 2021-date similar to the infrastructure figures we saw at the time on Ashley.

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

After 2 1/2 years they have only just employed people in a role which will give them a significant boost to operating revenue?

It’s probably because no “big steps” have been made.  So much consulting/feasibility studying going on.

Yes, the training ground has been updated but that is the current training ground and not a new one.

Playing Devil’s Advocate there was nothing stopping PIF committing a few billion to a stadium in the opening six months (site permitting).  That’s a real statement of intent.

It would be interesting to see a new Swiss Ramble report from October 2021-date similar to the infrastructure figures we saw at the time on Ashley.

We didn't know what league we were going to be in for most of those first 6 months tbf. Money needed to be committed to keeping us up, or getting us up if we went down.

I don't really know what's gone on with the feasibility studies, mainly because I haven't really been reading much about them mind.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

First six month… [emoji38]

When we were a shell of a club with no staff… no quality players… poor manager… facing relegation.

Show some patience and understanding of the situation. Some clubs had more staff running their players car parking and player liaisons than we did running our entire club!

Some people either have short memories or seriously lack actual knowledge of how the club was run previously.

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

First six month… [emoji38]

When we were a shell of a club with no staff… no quality players… poor manager… facing relegation.

Show some patience and understanding of the situation. Some clubs had more staff running their players car parking and player liaisons than we did running our entire club!

Some people either have short memories or seriously lack actual knowledge of how the club was run previously.

No one is asking them to plan it in that time, more that “the money is there for us to be the very best there is and to have the very best facilities there are”.

Seems a more or less open goal, considering there are currently zero constraints on infrastructure from a PSR/what was FFP standpoint.

Man Utd’s planned new development is probably the only reason why it doesn’t count towards PSR at all.