St James' Park

Delima

5 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

People complain about our away section but at least you can see the game. Palace you can’t see, Chelsea you’re in an ancient stadium with horrific seats and sight lines, Arsenal you’re so low down you can’t see the other end. Can’t really think of an away ground where I’ve been happy with the seat. 

As much as I hate to say it, Anfield has always been good, even before the new stand - in terms of atmosphere and location.

39 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

As much as I hate to say it, Anfield has always been good, even before the new stand - in terms of atmosphere and location.

Really? I've never felt that. Only a few pubs within easy walking distance and if you were unlucky to be stuck at the back of the lower tier you can't see the goal down at the Kop end due to the overhang of the upper tier. 

I must have been there about 15 times and other than the 4-3 game I've always found the atmosphere to be pretty subdued amongst the home fans.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Really? I've never felt that. Only a few pubs within easy walking distance and if you were unlucky to be stuck at the back of the lower tier you can't see the goal down at the Kop end due to the overhang of the upper tier. 

I must have been there about 15 times and other than the 4-3 game I've always found the atmosphere to be pretty subdued amongst the home fans.

Beyond the dreary sing-song at the start I was left massively unimpressed when I've been mind.

And I've sat exactly where you've mentioned both times ffs [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

15 weeks or thereabouts of the year left. Does anybody think we’ll hear anything stadium related before the new year?

I'll be quite disappointed if we don't have some kind of update on either the stadium or training ground. I'm trying to be patient as this is clearly a complicated problem and the two are likely related (at least in some scenarios), but we need to either have our matchday + commercial revenue in the same stratosphere as the top 6 or we need a world class academy producing first team talent and sales revenue to achieve any long term ambitions.

Also I'm dying for renderings.

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

I had the pleasure of a few Merseyside derbies both in the home and away end and they were so disappointing from an atmosphere pov.

literally had a couple of older Everton fans in the home crowd chatting about Everton during the game. 

8 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I had the pleasure of a few Merseyside derbies both in the home and away end and they were so disappointing from an atmosphere pov.

literally had a couple of older Everton fans in the home crowd chatting about Everton during the game. 

Atmosphere at the Merseyside Derby always appears very flat, especially at Anfield. It's a really poor Derby. Manchester one isn't great either. The best one I find is North London and it's on this weekend.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I hope they get some more staff and tidy the place up, it was mining the other week when I was in, two members of staff about 17 year old each that couldn't make any of the cocktails 

Agreed. Seems deeply unfair to expect them to extract materials from deep underground and man the bar the same time.

1 hour ago, christ said:

Agreed. Seems deeply unfair to expect them to extract materials from deep underground and man the bar the same time.

I think I forgot this, "g"

17 hours ago, SteV said:

Chelsea do a lot of this type of stuff, ordinary seats but with off site hospitality.

I’m a bit twitchy on it as it allows areas of the ground unsuitable for traditional hospitality to be corporate - for example the gallowgate and east stand. Clearly revenue advantages though