St James' Park

Delima

Not sure why people filming stuff has any relevance to the stadium we play in mind. Some proper pearl clutching stuff going on :lol:  

We can thank social media, camera phones, celebrity culture for the Increased prevalence of it. 

It’s only going to become more and more widespread as well as the generations to come engage with football in very different ways than those who came before. 

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Not sure why people filming stuff has any relevance to the stadium we play in mind. Some proper pearl clutching stuff going on :lol:  

We can thank social media, camera phones, celebrity culture for the Increased prevalence of it. 

It’s only going to become more and more widespread as well as the generations to come engage with football in very different ways than those who came before. 

Just watched the YouTube video of Oasis Knebworth 96 (Sunday) last night. I was there. Not a camera phone in sight. Living in the moment, no distractions. Halcyon daze! 

5 hours ago, r0cafella said:

In the Other Games thread it was quite rightly pointed out how embarrassing it was that Man Utd fans were getting selfies with Spurs players after they got rinsed y’day

It was also suggested that a new stadium would mean we would get the same doylem behaviour 

However, the camera obsessed doylems filming for socials rather than supporting the team already get their hands on tickets and walk amongst us in our current home 

We got a vital pelanty, they watch it through a phone 

Edited by bobbydazzla

9 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Exact profile of supporter the likes of Silverstone want in the ground unfortunately, wouldn’t even be surprised if they’ve built something into the ballot where postcodes outside the north east get a percentage of tickets.

[emoji38]

I’m hoping a new ground with more tickets allows a lot of legacy fans the chance to get hold of ballot tickets rather than just these quilts with their social media culture.

12 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

In the Other Games thread it was quite rightly pointed out how embarrassing it was that Man Utd fans were getting selfies with Spurs players after they got rinsed y’day

It was also suggested that a new stadium would mean we would get the same doylem behaviour 

However, the camera obsessed doylems filming for socials rather than supporting the team already get their hands on tickets and walk amongst us in our current home 

We got a vital pelanty, they watch it through a phone 

I’m not keen on it either but it’s quite clear the writing has been on the wall in this regard for a long time and I’m not sure how staying at SJP isolates us from this, it’s not like old Trafford is a brand spanking new stadium now is it?

Would people rather be absolutely shit and have no day trippers or be successful and have some? 

know what I’m choosing. 

There's at least 30k people in there, every week, sat on their hands. Week in week out. 

Season ticket holders. Locals. "True fans" 

It's not "tourists" causing the silence and we're not "the best fans in the world" 

That's bullshit. We are very very good when we're on it. Probably the best. But far too often we need the team, or the ref, to give it a boost. Probably the main factor in the demise of ground atmosphere, across the board, is all seating stadia. Added to that is seats, permanently, occupied by season ticket holders who've sat there for decades. Added to that are, aforementioned, season ticket holders who've sat there throughout the Ashley years when the life and soul of "the crowd" was crushed. 

The camera malarkey is just the way it is now. I couldn't be arsed but I'm 60.

Each to their own tho. 

Ps PSG game was, and will probably remain, unrivalled in how fantastic you lot were. On that night, at least, you were the best in the world. Still full of "tourists", as well 😉

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

"legacy fans" 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just using ESL parlance to describe our goodselves. We aren’t the “fans of the future” who’ll “open access to new revenue streams”. 

Think I’ve just been sick in my mouth writing that last sentence…

5 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Just watched the YouTube video of Oasis Knebworth 96 (Sunday) last night. I was there. Not a camera phone in sight. Living in the moment, no distractions. Halcyon daze! 

Probably because camera phones weren't around in 96?

Like the Viz, football crowds are not as good as they used to be

The atmosphere at SJP hasn’t been great for a long time.  As someone who no longer goes, I have to say that I actually think there’s been a clear marked improvement over the last couple of years.  But the real atmosphere went with all-seater stadiums and the ticket prices going through the roof three decades ago.  Our average crowds doubled between 1991 and 1993 - and they weren’t bringing an atmosphere with them

Watching a game from behind a phone makes my teeth itch, mind.  Put the fucking thing down and enjoy the experience, you soppy cunts - literally no-one cares about the footage you’re recording