St James' Park

Delima

It's fucking horrific. The lack of ambition from the financial side is bad enough but this is literally raping our club in front of our own faces.

Appreciate your emotion but... nah.

It's tacky and awful and would prefer it not be there, but that's as far as it goes for me, nor does it matter whether it produces money either. The money side of it means nowt, Ashley can bring in money, subsidise the club, take a shitload out like the last lot, whatever; as long as the strategy for giving us decent competitive football and a team I can enjoy backing on the pitch (as has happened since the drop) I'll have pride in the club and by extension the city, and that's all I care about to be honest.

Absolutely chuffed at the minute.

Realistically its the shirts next.

advertising on the strip...they'd better not!

Or else? :lol:

Ashley cares f*** all. That picture Dave posted - absolutely hideous. It's basically just a big advert.

i was taking the piss. i'd mauch rather the ground was platrered in adverts, we dont really look at it that much but the players who we look at are plastered in adverts and have been for decades and nobody gave a shit.

It's fucking horrific. The lack of ambition from the financial side is bad enough but this is literally raping our club in front of our own faces.

It's tacky and awful and would prefer it not be there, but that's as far as it goes for me, nor does it matter whether it produces money either. The money side of it means nowt, Ashley can bring in money, subsidise the club, take a shitload out like the last lot, whatever; as long as the strategy for giving us decent competitive football and a team I can enjoy backing on the pitch (as has happened since the drop) I'll have pride in the club and by extension the city, and that's all I care about to be honest.

:thup:

And as long as fans hold similar opinions, he'll keep taking the piss.

Wonder how people would react if Ashley went round raping everyone's dogs. Would probably lube the pup up in anticipation of his arrival.

As far as I'm concerned, this has nothing to do with the football we're playing or how well we're doing.

It's about what I saw as an iconic sign, a brilliant stadium and the heart of a city.

He's ruined it, and he's continuing to piss all over it and us.

He doesn't care one ounce and he's rubbing it in our faces.

Fucking disgusts me.

And as long as fans hold similar opinions, he'll keep taking the p*ss.

Wonder how people would react if Ashley went round raping everyone's dogs. Would probably lube the pup up in anticipation of his arrival.

As far as I'm concerned, this has nothing to do with the football we're playing or how well we're doing.

It's about what I saw as an iconic sign, a brilliant stadium and the heart of a city.

He's ruined it, and he's continuing to p*ss all over it and us.

f***ing disgusts me.

Spot on :thup:

Probably been asked before but how long does Northern Rock have left on the sponsorship deal?

2014. But the Puma deal ends this season and Sports Direct will become the makers of our kit :lol: Imagine that.

Fucking disgusts me.

He could have replaced that sign with 'GEORDIES ARE ALL CUNTS' and some people would justify it.

f***ing disgusts me.

Spot on :thup:

Raping puppies, pissing all over you, and rubbing your faces in it? That's quite an imagination.

It's shite sub standard nonsense that most of us wish wasn't there, just like The Gate is to the town. Doesn't change what the club stands for in the slightest.

f***ing disgusts me.

He could have replaced that sign with 'GEORDIES ARE ALL c***s' and some people would justify it.

but he didn't.....whats your point ?

Fucking disgusts me.

Raping dogs - its a fucking advert for gods sake get a grip. This thread is fucking embarrassing.

I grew up seeing the old iconic NEWCASTLE UNITED sign on the East Stand, so it's hard for me to just accept the new sign especially with SportsDirect.com in such close proximity.

St. James' has lost a bit of its soul there.

remember when the 'renaming' of the stadium thing started and they were saying that they've putting @sportsdirect.com up in order to showcase to potential sponsors what they could get for their money?

i'd like to think that's what this is, and with results on the pitch looking decent any half competent club would surely be able to sell those spots to an actual paying sponsor in the not too distant future

i just wonder if they're even trying?

That showcase stuff was bollocks, if that is the reason for all these signs then why not put them up when he renamed the stadium, which was nearly 2 years ago now? This is all about Ashley getting free advertising for his brand, which he is entitled to do as he owns both Sports Direct and Newcastle. Its the sheer disrespect he has shown to the fans that pisses me off. He has shown no regard what so ever for the heritage of the stadium, which a lot of the fans value and has completely defaced it. They also took the piss with yet more lies, remember the identical lettering thing? Are those letters identical?

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's got to come down for the Olympics anyway.

To tell the truth I got in seen it, thought it was shite & then watched the match, the sign didn't play a big part in my day

That showcase stuff was bollocks, if that is the reason for all these signs then why not put them up when he renamed the stadium, which was nearly 2 years ago now? This is all about Ashley getting free advertising for his brand, which he is entitled to do as he owns both Sports Direct and Newcastle. Its the sheer disrespect he has shown to the fans that pisses me off. He has shown no regard what so ever for the heritage of the stadium, which a lot of the fans value and has completely defaced it. They also took the piss with yet more lies, remember the identical lettering thing? Are those letters identical?

yeah i agree most likely, however if a sponsor turned up and said i like that placement and would be happy to pay 1, 2, 3m per year for it then surely not even fat ash would be hardheaded enough to turn it down?

Plus 1