St James' Park

Delima

i remember the bile that woman from "no business on the moor" got.

Dolly Potter.  :lol:

was that her ? i had a debate with her on northumberland street when she was petitioning (i was for the move) some twat came by and gave her a right load of crap, she took a right slating off many people i know aswell.

was that her ? i had a debate with her on northumberland street when she was petitioning (i was for the move) some t*** came by and gave her a right load of crap, she took a right slating off many people i know aswell.

Yes that was her, she thought that she had the right to take her dog for a shit and nobody was going to stop her.

Douglas Hall was telling people down the quayside at the time that they had no intention of leaving and were putting the council under pressure so that they could expand St James'.

BTW (can't remember if this has been cleared up; it's certainly been discussed at length) Llambias clearly states in the BBC Radio Newcastle interview that if they don't find a stadium sponsor within a reasonable timeframe, it will not go back to being St James' Park.

[What happens if somewhere down the line this hasn't been acheived?]

"We have to keep going with it, we can't just say 'well it hasn't worked out, let's go back to what we were', we have to give ourselves the maximum opportunity to sell it."

was that her ? i had a debate with her on northumberland street when she was petitioning (i was for the move) some t*** came by and gave her a right load of crap, she took a right slating off many people i know aswell.

Yes that was her, she thought that she had the right to take her dog for a s*** and nobody was going to stop her.

Douglas Hall was telling people down the quayside at the time that they had no intention of leaving and were putting the council under pressure so that they could expand St James'.

they always knew they could expand, just not where the east stand is. same as now.

BTW (can't remember if this has been cleared up; it's certainly been discussed at length) Llambias clearly states in the BBC Radio Newcastle interview that if they don't find a stadium sponsor within a reasonable timeframe, it will not go back to being St James' Park.

[What happens if somewhere down the line this hasn't been acheived?]

"We have to keep going with it, we can't just say 'well it hasn't worked out, let's go back to what we were', we have to give ourselves the maximum opportunity to sell it."

the idea could be that it'll be easier to sell the name if the change will be from sports direst instead of SJP. of course the free advertising won't go amiss if they don't

they always knew they could expand, just not where the east stand is. same as now.

That wasn't the case and the club and council were at war for decades.  The club had one idea of what they wanted and the council had another.  The Chronicle had front page stories almost daily at times.

the idea could be that it'll be easier to sell the name if the change will be from sports direst instead of SJP. of course the free advertising won't go amiss if they don't

But what if they don't sell it?

They leave it until they do I presume.

i'll echo the last part of that post......of course the free advertising wont go amiss if they dont.

Guest ykmkmdd

Daily Express suggesting a deal is close - mentions Nike as a possibility:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/283424/Toon-line-up-name-deal?

NEWCASTLE UNITED’s Sports Direct Arena could be shortlived with owner Mike Ashley closing in on a naming rights deal with an American company.

Ashley provoked a storm of fans’ protest by renaming St James’ Park after his own sportswear emporium.

Now he is searching for a £10 million-a-season sponsorship deal including stadium naming rights and shirt advertising.

Sunday Express Sport can reveal that Ashley is in talks with interested parties, most in the USA, including Nike.

He believes that selling stadium naming rights is vital if Newcastle are going to have any chance of competing with the Premier League big boys.

And he has told friends he is not bothered if the fans continue to call the stadium St James’ Park.

He doesn’t expect the Sports Direct Arena – or whatever name replaces it – to be part of their every day football talk.

Newcastle's deal could be scuppered by Mike Ashley

He has officially renamed it to try to push through further investment for the club and is hurt by suggestions that he doesn’t have Newcastle’s interests at heart.

Ashley insists that he won’t undermine manager Alan Pardew by selling his best players and that selling the naming rights is a step in this direction.

He says he only sold Andy Carroll because Liverpool made an offer no club could have refused.

Guest Roger Kint

Puma would probably be happy with that...

Never in a million years would Nike want their logo on a Puma shirt(and vice versa)

Does anyone else think it's a bit rich John Hall and Freddy Shepherd pontificating about the renaming of the ground? Ashley's doing it for money...the same reason Hall and Shepherd sold up and ran for the hills with their swag. If tradition and local pride was so important they could always have not sold up and kept the club in local hands.

Does anyone else think it's a bit rich John Hall and Freddy Shepherd pontificating about the renaming of the ground? Ashley's doing it for money...the same reason Hall and Shepherd sold up and ran for the hills with their swag. If tradition and local pride was so important they could always have not sold up and kept the club in local hands.

And not renamed the Gallowgate the "Exhibition Stand" (and the Leazes for SJH for that matter)

a lot of what goes on now- is because of what they took out- no question.