St James' Park: club plans to expand existing site further to completion of feasibility study (Edwards)

Delima

The board keeps telling me there's a new post in this thread but it's just Stifler's above post every time.

EDIT: Fixed now.

Actually no it isn't. Every time Stifler is the last poster it tells me there's a new post in the thread. Fixes itself whenever someone else is the last poster.

Happens all the time mate, nowt to worry about.

I would have thought any shirt/stadium rebrand, by whichever company bought the rights, wouldn't happen until after the olympics anyway, if all branding has to be removed for that anyway.

I think the shirt sponsor will remain as Northern Rock until the end of the season... unless that can't happen once the Virgin Money takeover is complete and NR is in effect, non-existent.

Wouldn't be a problem, mere pocket change to them.

Organisations like this think nothing of spending millions on a top trade show booth for a few days or even a one off sponsorship opportunity.

Rebranding SJP would be a piece of piss.

The board keeps telling me there's a new post in this thread but it's just Stifler's above post every time.

EDIT: Fixed now.

Actually no it isn't. Every time Stifler is the last poster it tells me there's a new post in the thread. Fixes itself whenever someone else is the last poster.

Happens all the time mate, nowt to worry about.

Alright, just said I'd mention it as I'd never seen it before.

I would have thought any shirt/stadium rebrand, by whichever company bought the rights, wouldn't happen until after the olympics anyway, if all branding has to be removed for that anyway.

I think the shirt sponsor will remain as Northern Rock until the end of the season... unless that can't happen once the Virgin Money takeover is complete and NR is in effect, non-existent.

Wouldn't be a problem, mere pocket change to them.

Organisations like this think nothing of spending millions on a top trade show booth for a few days or even a one off sponsorship opportunity.

Rebranding SJP would be a piece of piss.

If different competitions in football can have different sponsorship then so can the Olympics. All the would have to do is put a cover over the current signs and take down the sponsorship boards.

Virgin Money chief executive Jayne-Anne Gadhia (20 November 2011).

“To be honest, I think it should be called St James’ Park.”

Asked whether it might be renamed the Virgin Money Arena, she said: “I don’t think that would be right for Newcastle.

“St James’ Park is part of the heritage of Newcastle and it’s important to local people, so for me it should be called St James’ Park.”

Hey if its a good deal Ill be happy with this. Ill be happy with nearly anything considering we would have ended up with SD on the shirts...heres to hoping we get confirmation soon.

Hopefully it's more in-line with Premiership deals as well. Our last deal with Northern Rock was supposed to be one of the lowest shirt sponsorship deals in the Premiership.

Asked whether it might be renamed the Virgin Money Arena, she said: “I don’t think that would be right for Newcastle.

“St James’ Park is part of the heritage of Newcastle and it’s important to local people, so for me it should be called St James’ Park.”

We heard you the first time.

In other words we won't buy the rights

:giggs:

I'd be happy with virgin money as sponsors of the stadium and shirt, even happier with us actually getting some money in for the whole crazy escapade.

Hopefully it goes no further than that. I don't mind Branson, but he hasn't got the money to buy us outright and make a difference, especially when he'll come in and try to change everything to suit him. We had that with ashley and things have just started to calm down, last thing we need is an egotistical new owner with a short attention span looking for a new play toy to keep him busy. He's like a child, oh there's a F1 car I want to play, check out my new radio station, I just bought an island, oh a balloon!!

Guest johnson293

I always thought the shirt and stadium naming rights were always going to be a package, until I found this quote from Dekka....

"I need to find a new shirt sponsor by the end of December - and that's the latest," added Llambias.

"Puma need to put the shirt sponsor on, they're manufacturing, and they would like it last month.

"I've got a very small window to sell the shirt and naming rights and, if I have to sell them separately, then I have to sell them separately.

"But we must give ourselves the opportunity, this is inviting people to come in."

Would be nice for Virgin to buy both, and then 'rename' the ground back to St James' Park, though.

Guest bimpy474

I always thought the shirt and stadium naming rigths were a package, until I found this quote from Dekka....

"I need to find a new shirt sponsor by the end of December - and that's the latest," added Llambias.

"Puma need to put the shirt sponsor on, they're manufacturing, and they would like it last month.

"I've got a very small window to sell the shirt and naming rights and, if I have to sell them separately, then I have to sell them separately.

"But we must give ourselves the opportunity, this is inviting people to come in."

Would be nice for Virgin to buy both, and then rename the ground as St James' Park, though.

If Virgin had any sense, well whoever buys it, keeping the name St James' Park would be a masterstroke of PR.