St James' Park

Delima

There's a fairly regular complaint in the Match Atmosphere thread about the same two or three songs being repeated over and over.

Personally I think that part of the issue is away games essentially being a closed shop these days but a fan zone could help - songs/chants on the big screen, a decent DJ/MC keeping things ticking along. It might be a bit cringey but there'll be plenty who are after exactly that sort of thing and it could help the atmosphere inside the ground too.

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Assuming our fan zone will include food, drink, big screens and a massive fuck off club shop. High tech asf in design to mesh with our new ambitions and be very much a place where the club can hold activations and events with players, former players, etc. I’m assuming it’ll also include some “meeting/banquet” space for them to hold indoor events too and allow for it to be booked by locals and be useful for other sport events too

Is there any indication that the fanzone will be permanent? 

I would guess that the things you've mentioned would be integrated into the expansion whenever that would happen which obviously is in the long term bracket?

Unless there is enough space to develop the gallowgate behind the fanzone. 

The reason is that I'm thinking the new gallowgate will be a huge superstructure and eat up a huge piece of land

Just now, jarrovianmag said:

Weren’t there rumours that we bought the old barker and stone house for club shop

If they did that, could they knock through the club shop to extend Shearer's Bar? Would be class on a matchday if you could comfortably get another 500 in or whatever. 

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

aye i read it back again.

sorry.

nee tunnels then?

I was thinking a bridge, transporter style. I saw this documentary once about some ex brickies who took one to the States.

58 minutes ago, Cort said:

Any movement on changing the ‘Newcastle United’ typeface back to the original or changing to basically anything that’s not the SD one?

No but it needs to happen. Would like to see the trust raise it with the club. 

I guess they’re making that bit genuinely corporate hospitality, where before it was just a more expensive way for normal people to get in. Mainly because nobody else would have been interested. 

It’s brutal for the people who sit there though. 

4 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

A mate of mine was saying the new posh bit they are doing in the gallowgate is going to be £14k plus VAT a season ticket 😱

It was mentioned earlier in the thread.  It is "only" 7k per ticket but minimum of 2 which gets you to the 14k..  

Anyone has any idea what similar hospitality tickets cost at other pl cl clubs?

When you do season tickets, do you get special access/pricing to cup or cl matches?

It's not "accessible" per se but i don't find it outrageous when compared to US sports.

New England Patriots equivalent tickets are $10k each, min 2 tickets, and you just commit to 10 years. Paying first and last season up front. And that's for 8 home games. Playoffs tickets available at a slightly discounted price.

Granted it's it's very different. Curious what big clubs charge. We have to get used to the consequences of a better product and ambition to compete. 

1 hour ago, NobbySolano said:

Anyone has any idea what similar hospitality tickets cost at other pl cl clubs?

When you do season tickets, do you get special access/pricing to cup or cl matches?

It's not "accessible" per se but i don't find it outrageous when compared to US sports.

New England Patriots equivalent tickets are $10k each, min 2 tickets, and you just commit to 10 years. Paying first and last season up front. And that's for 8 home games. Playoffs tickets available at a slightly discounted price.

Granted it's it's very different. Curious what big clubs charge. We have to get used to the consequences of a better product and ambition to compete. 

Aye, but historically they had the greatest ever throwing the 🏈 and the greatest coach to ever grace the game... :lol:

Rant from @Shak in 3... 2... 1... :explode:

I'm glad I'm not in swinging distance :lol:

Edited by BlazeT44

6 hours ago, NobbySolano said:

As part of gallowgate club you could access a pre-sale ballot for cups games etc yeah.

Not a guarantee, but still a perk.