St James' Park

Delima

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Aren’t the actual seats just outside though? 

Where @NE27 used to sit?

So, you’re paying the premium for the before and after, rather than what you get for when the match is actually on?

Probably, aye. Even so, it's just not me. 

Just now, midds said:

That's what I'm getting at. I was lucky enough to get into a box for a fixture and really enjoyed it but I'm not sure I'd like to be there for a full season. Quite like being in the cheap seats, I don't think I move in those circles tbh. I certainly wouldn't fit in

It seems like the perfect venue for the club or corporate clients to entertain, and decent enough seats to get a feel of the place but otherwise I think it's hella expensive for 1 bloody match. 

Just now, Kanji said:

It seems like the perfect venue for the club or corporate clients to entertain, and decent enough seats to get a feel of the place but otherwise I think it's hella expensive for 1 bloody match. 

Of course, yeah :thup:

And if it brings in lots of revenue and people are happy to pay it then it's all good, hope they enjoy every minute. Just not my bag

The whole point of being at the match is to be part of the atmosphere. I'm sure there'll be people who appreciate the comfort and the nice menus in the private boxes, but for most people just having a seat in an area of the ground which makes some noise is enough.

3 minutes ago, midds said:

Of course, yeah :thup:

And if it brings in lots of revenue and people are happy to pay it then it's all good, hope they enjoy every minute. Just not my bag

Whether the diehards will like it or not, this type of offering sort of has to be in the stadium in the new world we live in with the amount of money in football. It's also the kind of stuff our owners and our executives like and get involved with. Purely from my corporate job perspective, it's a no brainer to do this. If I was entertaining clients who just liked football but wanted to do some heavy drinking but had no stake in the match, I'd hoy them up there if thats what needed to be done for the biz. 

Edited by Kanji

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Whether the diehards will like it or not, this type of offering sort of has to be in the stadium in the new world we live in with the amount of money in football. It's also the kind of stuff our owners and our executives like and get involved with. Purely from my corporate job perspective, it's a no brainer to do this. If I was entertaining clients who just liked football but wanted to do some heavy drinking but had no stake in the match, I'd hoy them up there if thats what needed to be done for the biz. 

Again, absolutely spot on. No issue with it being there it's just not for me personally. I'd also like to think it gets used as a space for conferences and conventions all year round and through the week too. The more cash coming into the till the better from a FFP point of view

13 minutes ago, midds said:

Again, absolutely spot on. No issue with it being there it's just not for me personally. I'd also like to think it gets used as a space for conferences and conventions all year round and through the week too. The more cash coming into the till the better from a FFP point of view

100%! 

14 minutes ago, midds said:

Probably a good spot for concerts too, and all that. 

£7.5K now seems a like a good deal when it’s £650 + VAT a match :lol:

I’d rather sit in that section of the ground than in the Milburn corporate areas. You’re right in amongst the noise of the Gallowgate there. 

Still a fuck ton of money

Edited by TheGuv

36 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Tax incentive for entertaining clients, so can obviously claim it back.

1 minute ago, wyn davies said:

Never understood why that tax break is a thing. Why do clients need "entertaining" ? Surely it's corruption. 

Just now, madras said:

Never understood why that tax break is a thing. Why do clients need "entertaining" ? Surely it's corruption. 

No different at work, where us at the bottom get a few cans for crimbo, the bornleader makes sure he gets his receipt to claim out of the business account to reduce their tax on the profit/ loss account , as you say clearly a fiddle but open to everyone who fills in their self assement tax bill and totally legal.

17 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

No different at work, where us at the bottom get a few cans for crimbo, the bornleader makes sure he gets his receipt to claim out of the business account to reduce their tax on the profit/ loss account , as you say clearly a fiddle but open to everyone who fills in their self assement tax bill and totally legal.

I know it's legal, just don't know why. And paying staff is totally different to bribing clients.

3 hours ago, TheGuv said:

£7.5K now seems a like a good deal when it’s £650 + VAT a match :lol:

I’d rather sit in that section of the ground than in the Milburn corporate areas. You’re right in amongst the noise of the Gallowgate there. 

Still a fuck ton of money

Aye, but it's £7k plus Vat and you can only buy in pairs 🤑🤑

Edited by patrone

On 12/08/2023 at 07:39, LFEE said:

It be good if they could lower the roof on the new stadium so if it was lower attended game  it would still keep the atmosphere decent. So in effect changing the capacity to suite.

You’d imagine the new stadium will have every available bell and whistle. 

6 hours ago, SteV said:

So it’s 800 for a single game but ‘only’ 7.5k for a ST?

This is from the email...

Screenshot-20230815-190911-Gallery.jpg

So a bit more than 7 then, plus the fact the requirement is for two tickets to be purchased :ructions:

In fact, I pretty much looked like buzzcocks amongst people up there anyways[emoji38]

2 hours ago, madras said:

I know it's legal, just don't know why. And paying staff is totally different to bribing clients.

All client entertainment is not tax deductible.  What happens though it's paid through the business instead of it coming after income tax etc from someone's personal account.

Every employee gets £150 for entertainment which can be claimed back, what usually happens is they'll lump some client spending onto that.  I've actually challenged a previous employer about why no entertainment was being given out to us across the year....

40 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

All client entertainment is not tax deductible.  What happens though it's paid through the business instead of it coming after income tax etc from someone's personal account.

Every employee gets £150 for entertainment which can be claimed back, what usually happens is they'll lump some client spending onto that.  I've actually challenged a previous employer about why no entertainment was being given out to us across the year....

Why would an employee get an entertainment allowance ? 

Some client entertainment must be tax deductible as nearly all the self employed people I've known ask for the receipts when out for meals etc "the bigger the group the better". 

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Why would an employee get an entertainment allowance ? 

Some client entertainment must be tax deductible as nearly all the self employed people I've known ask for the receipts when out for meals etc "the bigger the group the better". 

Because they do, that's what pays for most xmas parties etc. :lol:  It's been like that for a very long time, every employee gets that.

Rules are different for self employed people, they are probably putting them against subsistence when they shouldn't be.

Edited by El Prontonise

4 hours ago, wyn davies said:

Just an fyi. Client entertainment isn’t an allowable deduction for corporation tax. So there’s no tax incentive here.

If the company is claiming the cost on their tax return that is tax evasion.

1 hour ago, BottledDog said:

The days of pissing down the back of people's legs and being accepting of it because of the rush you get from being part of the crush is long gone, and that feels like a shame.

Sad times.

People pay good money to be pissed on these day, so I'm told.

35 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Because they do, that's what pays for most xmas parties etc. :lol:  It's been like that for a very long time, every employee gets that.

Rules are different for self employed people, they are probably putting them against subsistence when they shouldn't be.

I doubt they'd be able to claim for 22 people at the Simla on subsistence :lol:

For everyone gets that. I might have to ask my employer cos we get fuck all.

Edited by madras