St James' Park

Delima

Would rather Brunton Park (Carlisle’s ground not Gosforth :lol:).

Speaking of Gosforth, a shame the Old County Ground is no more (now Asda). How fun would that have been? Getting bevved on the High Street and walking down 👌

IMG_7039.jpeg

Edited by TheGuv

If the acoustics are so bad then how come you can clearly hear the away fans making noise? 

Fact is that we simply don't make as much noise as we used to. Lots of people sitting on their own now and not with friends and there's more bairns and ladies going. 

With expansion it's in evitable that it will be a stage process where any new seats will be used to house some current ST holders while the next stage can go forward. 

Eg build a stand behind a stand like anfield road at gallowgate - then move east stand ST there for a season or two 

Theres absolutely no way we are playing anywhere else, it's fantasy 

10 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

If the acoustics are so bad then how come you can clearly hear the away fans making noise? 

Fact is that we simply don't make as much noise as we used to. Lots of people sitting on their own now and not with friends and there's more bairns and ladies going. 

With expansion it's in evitable that it will be a stage process where any new seats will be used to house some current ST holders while the next stage can go forward. 

Eg build a stand behind a stand like anfield road at gallowgate - then move east stand ST there for a season or two 

Theres absolutely no way we are playing anywhere else, it's fantasy 

Can you hear away fans from Gallowgate and vice versa though, the strawberry corner seems loud in that half of stadium but doesn’t seem to travel around.

6 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Lot of season ticket holders would end up very disappointed if that were the only option.

And it would need major updating, as it's falling to bits from recent pics I've seen.

It is dropping to bits. George Reynolds went with the cheapest materials possible. 

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Can you hear away fans from Gallowgate and vice versa though, the strawberry corner seems loud in that half of stadium but doesn’t seem to travel around.

Aye, but the only reason you can't hear strawberry corner from the leazes is because the away fans drown out the noise x10 because of the close proximity.

90% of noise comes from strawberry corner and the gallowgate but it counts for very little unless the rest of the ground joins in 

16 minutes ago, bhoywhonder said:

I cant be the only one who thinks Everton's new stadium looks a bit shit? Compared to Spurs, and the ones going up in America, it just looks so cheap and basic.

Crazy to think it will have slightly bigger capacity yet looks small in comparison to SJP 

I don't understand stadium acoustics admittedly but you hear how roofs help and yet when there was a completely open Gallowgate and half demolished open Leazes the atmoshpere was fine. The same lay-outs of stadiums have alternately been jumping and subdued. For example I've never heard it said once or thought it myself in 30years that the City Ground has a good atmosphere until the last 2seasons.

Its more about who is in ground surely and its just not coming back to how it was.

Edited by Wolfcastle

If you’re in Strawberry Corner you cannit hear the away fans. Maybe some banging when the Euro cunts bring a geet massive drum 

If you’re in the Leazes you cannit hear Strawberry Corner, even if the away fans are quiet 

I’ve been in both this season 

The acoustics are shite 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Its quite an enormous space and nobody is using a megaphone. So unless people are really belting out a choon in unison it'll be unlikely to hear much over the massive background noise of chatting/moaning

13 hours ago, bhoywhonder said:

I cant be the only one who thinks Everton's new stadium looks a bit shit? Compared to Spurs, and the ones going up in America, it just looks so cheap and basic.

Moving from their traditional home to Lego land. 

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

I fucking HATE the whistles before the end mind.  Seeing a old man doing it somehow pissed me off even more :)

They’ve been doing it for decades now, and it needs knocking on the head.  I can’t see how it does anything but make the players and crowd anxious.