St James' Park

Delima

Aviva styling could work like.

Sharp taper down to a redesigned east stand and then back up to behemoth Gallowgate and Leazes.

Make the Gallowgate a fuck off single tiered stand also [emoji38]

44 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That’s just odd like :lol:

What does it matter if it’s lopsided or the same all round? Boggles me mind. 

Tbf even the otherwise utterly bland White Hart Toiletseat has one end that's bigger than the other. 

Granted it would make less sense if you're deliberately building something brand new in a way that mimicks the conditions that have led to SJP's lack of continuity; it would be too obviously artificial. As the architect says, its lopsidedness has been largely dictated by what's been possible within its surroundings.

Yeah, I think if we do stay on the current site, and Leazes Terrace can't be moved, then we will end up with a design that looks like the Aviva. As long as the roof actually protects from the elements, goes all the way to the edge of the pitch perimeter, and is also designed to keep sound within the stadium it could look really special.

16 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

If St James goes for a total redesign (as White Hart Lane did) - where would we play in the meantime - mackemland?

I don’t think that would be a good idea for either party tbh.

20 minutes ago, NSG said:

The monstrosity at Darlington would be the only logical option. 

Lot of season ticket holders would end up very disappointed if that were the only option.

And it would need major updating, as it's falling to bits from recent pics I've seen.