St James' Park

Delima

8 minutes ago, TBG said:

Absolute state of the shipping containers being used at the fan zone. Has the club and or Ashworth commented on this?

20240125-130749.jpg

why are they not black and white? PIF OUT

1 hour ago, Karjala said:

The state of the majority of those clubs old grounds were a quite a step down from SJP though tbf.

But the issues they had are the same

Unable to improve current stadium due to location/footprint

In need of more modern facilities including Hospitality options that bring the big money in

tired (grey and dirty in our case) stadium that doesnt fit with the ambitions and aspirations of the clubs owners

Clubs like Liverpool and Citeh have been able to expand on their current locations because they have the available footprint to expand and reconfigure while remaining where they are.

Unfortunately for us and exactly like that excellent Buffalo Bills documentary above, the cost of renovating and expanding SJP is just not cost effective and will be more than likely prohibitive to our progress 

Edited by Cookie1892

15 hours ago, Cookie1892 said:

We need a new stadium like

EDIT: On leazes park though, nowhere else

Not sure if you're on a wind-up but - as has been stated numerous times before - digging up Leazes Park (Newcastle's only city centre park, the oldest park citywide and Grade II listed) could never happen.

So, on that basis, you don't want a stadium move.

Just now, TomYam said:

Not sure if you're on a wind-up but - as has been stated numerous times before - digging up Leazes Park (Newcastle's only city centre park, the oldest park citywide and Grade II listed) could never happen.

I do and im sure there are ways around that

Plus its not the whole park, just a bit of it

15 hours ago, Cookie1892 said:

just off the top of my head these are all the teams i can think of that have had new or major major upgrades in the last 25 year

UK

Southampton

Smoggies

Mackems

Man Citeh

Leicester

Arsenal

Derby

Bolton

West Ham

Spurs*

Brighton

Everton**

Coventry

Luton**

Swansea

Cardiff

* built over old stadium

** coming soon

Theres many more in europe built for world cups and euros which as we are host city we can surely leverage

Bayern Munich?

Schalke

Marseille

PSG?

Milan are getting a new one

Juve

Atletico Madrid

Barca

Real Madrid

Think we need to wake up and realise we cant stay glued to SJP and its limitations if we want to move forward

Huddersfield, Hull, Rotherham, Reading.

7 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

I do and im sure there are ways around that

Plus its not the whole park, just a bit of it

Ok, but if just a bit of it then it sounds like your talking about the strongly mooted Castle Leazes (ie. town moor) proposal - broadly similar to Hall's plan from the mid '90s. That plan could see an enlarged Leazes Park IF St.James's Park were demolished (unlike Hall's).

4 hours ago, TomYam said:

i think people wanting it in leazes park basically are asking for a land swap with the current sjp site so the park can be extended..

again i dont know whats feasible and whats not.

26 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i think people wanting it in leazes park basically are asking for a land swap with the current sjp site so the park can be extended..

again i dont know whats feasible and whats not.

The park is run down and in need of massive investment. Imho its the perfect solution. The park gets renovated and the club gets a bigger ground. Existing ground is simply converted into parkland. 

6 hours ago, pedro111 said:

Word is going about lately that Beamish are interested in Leazes terrace. 👀

Beamish dont buy anything so it would need to be donated

1 minute ago, Ben said:

If the Saudis offered to pay to move it that would be some gesture, but those listed building nerds would freak out 

NEOM needs some historical buildings and not just shiny new steel & chrome monstrous carbuncles 

I’m thinking this might actually happen 

People really need to read this carefully and get it into their heads, LEAZERS TERRACE IS NOT AND WILL NEVER MOVE ANYWHERE, it’s a grade 1 listed building and grade 1 listed buildings DO NOT MOVE for a fucking football stadium. 

1 hour ago, nufcnick said:

People really need to read this carefully and get it into their heads, LEAZERS TERRACE IS NOT AND WILL NEVER MOVE ANYWHERE, it’s a grade 1 listed building and grade 1 listed buildings DO NOT MOVE for a fucking football stadium. 

Are you thinking the Saudis have the money to suspend Leazes Terrace in the air, allowing it to remain in place while the Earth's natural rotation drifts it out of position towards Beamish?

How man, the gadgies down at Beamish think otherwise.

But what about Leazes Terrace?