St James' Park

Delima

48 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

100%.  They’re so very, very interested that there isn’t a permanent PIF representative in the day-to-day running of the club.  For all the promises of communication with the support - well, in their own time - we seem to get information no quicker than the last regime.  Even those who are meant to be involved day to day are far more likely to be found talking shite at Bloomberg than to the support.  

There’s been nothing to support what they boasted about so far.  We’re halfway to that five year point, and so far I’ve seen nothing to suggest that there is anything like a grand plan.  Last season was effectively a fluke.   It doesn’t take two and a half years to plan for serious investment like a stadium; and it definitely doesn’t need two and a half years to build new training and academy facilities etc.

On top of that we get tied to one of the nastiest regimes on the planet. 

That’s an incredibly negative spin like :lol:

Can’t argue about being tied to an awful regime. Really don’t know what more they could have done working within the restrictions they’re working though

54 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

100%.  They’re so very, very interested that there isn’t a permanent PIF representative in the day-to-day running of the club.  For all the promises of communication with the support - well, in their own time - we seem to get information no quicker than the last regime.  Even those who are meant to be involved day to day are far more likely to be found talking shite at Bloomberg than to the support.  

There’s been nothing to support what they boasted about so far.  We’re halfway to that five year point, and so far I’ve seen nothing to suggest that there is anything like a grand plan.  Last season was effectively a fluke.   It doesn’t take two and a half years to plan for serious investment like a stadium; and it definitely doesn’t need two and a half years to build new training and academy facilities etc.

On top of that we get tied to one of the nastiest regimes on the planet. 

Sorry, but that is utter bullshit :lol:

Information no quicker than under Ashley? Specific examples please? What are you expecting exactly? I thought we wanted experts to do the job, rather than some rich know nothings running the ship. 

We're one of the highest spenders in the league since the takeover. We're investing in top youth talent for the future, we hire among the top people within their field of expertise for backroom positions. We have increased our revenue significantly season by season.

Calling last season a fluke is ott. We overperformed a bit I'm sure by riding on the positivity wave around the whole club, but we were fucking excellent as well, as we have at times this season too. We'd be a hell of a lot better off than we are this season if we had a normal season injury/suspension wise which would have further debunked the "fluke".

Edit: It is one of the nastiest regimes on the planet. No arguments there.

Edited by Conjo

Whats the average build time for a new stadium? 2 -3 years?

Absolute embarrassing from the owners if they don't manage it in 2 - 3 months.

Given it is going to take 9months to build the stack I think it is unreasonable to expect a stadium to pop up quickly. However I would appreciate some club communication on the matter, it will give us a true insight into long term plans and ambition.

i think we are being held back by a large proportion of the fan base insisting on staying at St. James at all costs, and the recent requirements for fan consultations and engagement. I fear the board are worried about further fan backlash as there has been a lot of negativity recently.

Ultimately I think as a club we need a good news story and we need it soon, the national media are quick to twist the knife and we seem to lack friends.

Edited by Pablo
Formatting, cause underline in error.

I’d imagine we’ll hear something soon on the training ground.

This season has been anti climatic after the CL exit, but who knows win tomorrow and the city goes into a cup frenzy and 40k will be planning another weekend in the smoke.

The summer will see a new DOF, new signings, opening of new stack and adidas launch.

There building slowly and sustainably don’t think we can grumble to much.

22 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

This season has been anti climatic after the CL exit, but who knows win tomorrow and the city goes into a cup frenzy and 40k will be planning another weekend in the smoke.

The summer will see a new DOF, new signings, opening of new stack and adidas launch.

We’d be in the championship without everyone involved.

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It is :) - but I’m watching and just scratching my head at the moment.  It isn’t clear at all how they intend to bridge a massive gap - and in fairness, they’re the ones who made the bold statements

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

That stack will be the biggest anti climax going.  It's some hipsters selling overpriced beer and ultra processed food.

4 hours ago, Conjo said:

Sorry, but that is utter bullshit :lol:

Information no quicker than under Ashley? Specific examples please? What are you expecting exactly? I thought we wanted experts to do the job, rather than some rich know nothings running the ship. 

We're one of the highest spenders in the league since the takeover. We're investing in top youth talent for the future, we hire among the top people within their field of expertise for backroom positions. We have increased our revenue significantly season by season.

Calling last season a fluke is ott. We overperformed a bit I'm sure by riding on the positivity wave around the whole club, but we were fucking excellent as well, as we have at times this season too. We'd be a hell of a lot better off than we are this season if we had a normal season injury/suspension wise which would have further debunked the "fluke".

Edit: It is one of the nastiest regimes on the planet. No arguments there.

When I said ‘fluke’, I didn’t mean that the players and management didn’t deserve it - I mean it wasn’t planned or anticipated

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It is :) - but I’m watching and just scratching my head at the moment.  It isn’t clear at all how they intend to bridge a massive gap - and in fairness, they’re the ones who made the bold statements

They made the statements minutes after the deal was sealed. You are aware the other clubs have ganged together to change several rules to slow our progress down severely? You do follow current events?

Just enjoy the ride. Might take 10 years or so but we’ll get there if everyone sticks together. However if we’ve vocal idiots wanting to hound Howe out at the first sign of a dip it may take even longer…

Patience.

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

They made the statements minutes after the deal was sealed. You are aware the other clubs have ganged together to change several rules to slow our progress down severely? You do follow current events?

Just enjoy the ride. Might take 10 years or so but we’ll get there if everyone sticks together. However if we’ve vocal idiots wanting to hound Howe out at the first sign of a dip it may take even longer…

Patience.

Tbf I do follow current events - to date, the other clubs have ganged up and we've tacitly approved their actions.  Doing nothing while having blind faith that something will happen isn't likely to produce results would be my view.

Agree re Howe though - I think he's made errors but anyone hounding him out is just daft

10 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I totally disagree with thebrownbottle on the ownership and what will happen. Only time will tell on who is ultimately right though. I think we will hear some big things come the summer. 

On 15/03/2024 at 07:44, r0cafella said:

And sorry for the double post but the more I think about it, the more I think a new stadium is an absolute must. 

A must? I think the complete opposite- St James is our identity. Our history. I personally hope we never move.

25 minutes ago, duo said:

A must? I think the complete opposite- St James is our identity. Our history. I personally hope we never move.

You, we need to increase revenue and I don’t think we can raise enough at SJP to compete with the big 6. It’s quite clear we are going to have to raise revenue organically as related party transactions have been shut down. 

Adding say 8k regular seats won’t be enough to bridge the gap, we need a more modern experience. 

Ultimately if people are content with finishing upper mid table we can carry on as we are but we are at the glass ceiling already. 

31 minutes ago, duo said:

It’s not our identity man - and to go all ‘ship of Theseus’, not one of those stands has seen us win a major trophy

31 minutes ago, duo said:

I’m sure Everton fans said the same and have an even more storied history but I doubt they’ll be complaining when they leave the shit pit that is Goodison to go to the stunner that is Bramley Moore Dock.

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

You, we need to increase revenue and I don’t think we can raise enough at SJP to compete with the big 6. It’s quite clear we are going to have to raise revenue organically as related party transactions have been shut down. 

Adding say 8k regular seats won’t be enough to bridge the gap, we need a more modern experience. 

Ultimately if people are content with finishing upper mid table we can carry on as we are but we are at the glass ceiling already. 

We will also lose revenue whilst the building work is completed and a large number of season ticket holders will be unable to attend.