St James' Park

Delima

2 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

So, if the Gallowgate gets expansion then the club has no future? This place is mental at times. :lol:

unbelievable :lol: even if there's nothing to this latest definitely true rumour, nobody should be even slightly surprised if they decide to stay at SJP like :lol: I don't reckon matchday sales and another couple of thousand corporate seats with two or three shit gigs in the summer are the difference between the big time and mid table obscurity

Can anyone explain the logic in expanding Gallowgate = PIF moving on?

Presumably if they were planning to shift the club they wouldn't spend however many hundred million on a fairly minimal expansion? Wouldn't they just do nothing? 

31 minutes ago, OpenC said:

unbelievable :lol: even if there's nothing to this latest definitely true rumour, nobody should be even slightly surprised if they decide to stay at SJP like :lol: I don't reckon matchday sales and another couple of thousand corporate seats with two or three shit gigs in the summer are the difference between the big time and mid table obscurity

I heard the stadium expansion was the way forward first hand last year. No reason to think otherwise. 
60,000+ is great for the city and the fans, despite some absolute dipsticks on here thinking it’s the end of the club’s ambition!  

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I'd be interested to see how they'll achieve it tbh

And if true, kiss goodbye to entering the 'big six' - it would suggest a drawing back of ambition

[emoji38]

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

Are season ticket holders still allowed to swap seats for a small admin fee?

Don't think so no, with the exception of those that got moved to the standing section at the start of the season. I had tried to move next to some mates at the beginning of the previous season and was told only those who can provide a medical reason along with documented proof can move seats.

Says a lot about the owners that it's just gone half 1 and they still haven't put out a statement.

Edited by TBG

7 minutes ago, TBG said:

Says a lot about the owners that it's just gone half 1 and they still haven't put out a statement.

My source says to expect something at 4pm local time

To be fair it’s hardly surprising. A Gallowgate expansion would put us at a capacity similar the Etihad, and Anfield, as well as Spurs’ stadium, it just means we may miss more exclusive hospitality.

It will be interesting to see if they plan on smartening up the rest of the stadium as well, because if they do, then that could take SJP to a new level.

Just now, Stifler said:

To be fair it’s hardly surprising. A Gallowgate expansion would put us at a capacity similar the Etihad, and Anfield, as well as Spurs’ stadium, it just means we may miss more exclusive hospitality.

It will be interesting to see if they plan on smartening up the rest of the stadium as well, because if they do, then that could take SJP to a new level.

Will be interesting if they can do anything at all with the East Stand

2 hours ago, NSG said:

It’s probably the only solution that can be completed before Euro 2028, which will no doubt be in their minds.

We are doing fuck all before then in my opinion.

Refurbish / tart up the inside of the ground ( have them wacky Spurs pint glasses that fill up from the bottom , extend GG add more corporate and increase safe standing taking seats off the peasants to improve atmos . Job done

28 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

Refurbish / tart up the inside of the ground ( have them wacky Spurs pint glasses that fill up from the bottom , extend GG add more corporate and increase safe standing taking seats off the peasants to improve atmos . Job done

The roof at the very least needs a clean/new glass panels.

Could also do with the main stand and Leazers stand having at least a re-clad.

1 hour ago, TBG said:

Worrying

My info is sort of the opposite of Ando.. no concrete plans yet but they are having initial discussions with some developers and other parties about acquiring land.

A small extension is one of the options listed, but there are 4 identified.

1 hour ago, RS said:

I heard the stadium expansion was the way forward first hand last year. No reason to think otherwise. 
60,000+ is great for the city and the fans, despite some absolute dipsticks on here thinking it’s the end of the club’s ambition!  

Can you imagine the demonstrations, start attacking the men in the cranes. Placards and signs saying 'stop the expansion'.....'builders -Fuck off!' .....'leave our road and metro alone!'

2 hours ago, pedro111 said:

So, if the Gallowgate gets expansion then the club has no future? This place is mental at times. :lol:

Literally nobody said anything remotely close to that. [emoji38]

think st james metro should just be closed down. doesnt serve any purpose unless it can be extended to west of the city which im sure it cant.