St James' Park

Delima

1 minute ago, frankpingel said:

Atmosphere came across as terrible and it'll continue with fans like those populating the stands. 

You mention this and you get people come back with “it was shite anyways”, aye, it was shite, but it’s somehow getting worse because of day tripping picnic munchers 

Exact profile of supporter the likes of Silverstone want in the ground unfortunately, wouldn’t even be surprised if they’ve built something into the ballot where postcodes outside the north east get a percentage of tickets.

5 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Atmosphere came across as terrible and it'll continue with fans like those populating the stands. 

Atmosphere was decent yesterday tbf.

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

Pathetic isn't it.  I've never even thought of getting my phone out whilst the game is ongoing.

I don't get it, I mean I really don't get it. Let's forgive the non participation and concentrate purely on the stupidity 

For one, they watch the entire game through a small screen

Secondly, who the actual fuck wants to watch their shit home video? 

They need to fuck off

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Atmosphere was decent yesterday tbf.

Didn't come across very well on my tv. I understand nerves affecting people's behaviour given who we were playing. I wasn't in the ground so I'll bow to your actual match going experience. 

Edited by frankpingel
Sp

Just now, Pancrate1892 said:

Leazes was shite mind

Always is everytime I’ve had the misfortune of being in there, one look at some of them cunts behind the goal for the penalty explains why, add in they’ve inexplicably stuck corporate seating bang in the middle and the experience is soulless and depressing.

Aye, I thought the atmosphere was decent yesterday especially for a 12:30 kick off time which is usually an atmosphere sapper across the league. Hate that kick off time with a passion.

One lad in the row of me would often whip his phone out and record the game, watching it through his screen. What's the point of being in the ground if you're going to do that? Despise this TikTok-YewChoob modern sort of fan. One person like that with a ticket is too many.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I love the from the stands videos of certain goals despite really disliking the never ending trend of filming everything, but a fucking pen? Who's watching that?

And a pelanty that was being broadcast live on telly via drone-cam and can be watched back after the match millions of billions of times, if that’s what one desires 

Edited by bobbydazzla

6 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Didn't come across very well on my tv. I understand nerves affecting people's behaviour given who we were playing. I wasn't in the ground do I'll bow to your actual match going experience. 

Early ko’s are generally dreadful for the atmosphere, and playing Man City is often a negative as well as they just pop it around without our crowd having much to get excited about.

But as Eddie mentioned after the game, the way we went after them and put them under a degree of pressure, definitely helped get the crowd involved. 

Edited by SteV

Reminds me of a certain YouTuber filming one of our goals at OT last year with brain surgeon like stillness and precision. 

For me it evidences that you couldn’t give a fuck about the team and care only about your shit channel that nee cunt watches.

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Always is everytime I’ve had the misfortune of being in there, one look at some of them cunts behind the goal for the penalty explains why, add in they’ve inexplicably stuck corporate seating bang in the middle and the experience is soulless and depressing.

Worst seat I’ve had in recent years was front row Leazes in the middle of the goal. That exact spot in the photo. 

Was next to a couple of absolute doylems who did nowt but piss and moan even though we won 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

Worst seat I’ve had in recent years was front row of the Leazes in the middle of the goal. That exact spot in the photo. 

Was next to a couple of absolute doylems who did nowt but piss and moan even though we won 

Was great the 1st season it was built after we got promoted, probably declined every year since but had its moments, never recovered after the current extension which is why any redevelopment can’t just be a mirror image at the Gallowgate End.

19 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Anyone at SJP who isn’t in the away end, decides to watch us take a pelanty through their phone screen, then stands stock still when the ball hits the back of the net needs a lifetime ban from the ground. Tourist or not. 

You’re right, I don’t know what came over me. 

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

Worst seat I’ve had in recent years was front row Leazes in the middle of the goal. That exact spot in the photo. 

Aye, sitting in the Leazes is a dreadful experience. Mine was anyway. Was 2 rows above the highest row of the Wings section for the Bournemouth home game last season, and all you hear is the away support for 90 minutes, no one else nearby trying to get any songs going. Am aware that you'll obviously hear away fans more the closer you sit to them :lol: but it was just the feeling of the ground being utterly outsung by 1200 fans. 

Would rather not go to a match than sit there again. And that's sad, the Leazes is where my fatha would stand when he started going in the 70s as it was that stand that was the stand until it got demolished ahead of being rebuilt in '78.

14 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Didn't come across very well on my tv. I understand nerves affecting people's behaviour given who we were playing. I wasn't in the ground so I'll bow to your actual match going experience. 

I thought it was pretty poor apart from a spell during the second half, considering who we were playing.  The music wasn’t that loud at full time (as people including me have wanted) then it sounded awkwardly quiet with the crowd not making any noise. 

Edited by Superior Acuña

Was in Leazes L4 corner for AC Milan last season and it was actually canny

Apart from the woman in front of me who was sat scrolling through pics of Xmas trees on FaceyB and checking the Irish lottery results with 10 mins left to play and the game hanging in the balance 

She needed firing into the sun 

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Can confirm, Gallowgate was good on Saturday, especially for an early KO.

I was in the gallowgate west corner for the west ham early kick off last season and it was absolutely class. 

Even at 1-3, everyone kept singing and there was nowt negative 

Shirley recording the match on your phone is illegal? Or at the very least some kind of breach of rules / terms?

Should just have the stewards go round and confiscate everyone's phones who does this, and hand them to the police for their prosecution? Or send the police to their house later? Only have to do that a couple of times (give people fair warning first about the crackdown) and people will soon behave. Or be prosecuted and banned, which is also fine.

1 minute ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I was in the gallowgate west corner for the west ham early kick off last season and it was absolutely class. 

Even at 1-3, everyone kept singing and there was nowt negative 

Had a ST there for Rafa's 3 seasons, decent view but was a little on the quiet side. Nearly came to blows with an old cunt who called me out for leaving early one game.

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Sat in the home end when we played Man U at Old Trafford last season. Three lads sat next to us were Doing Tik Tok’s then left after about 40 minutes.

The modern world is shit.

This is it. It’s not NUFC supporters or football fans. People struggle doing anything outside of their home without documenting it. 

Filming bits of footage from the match I just don't understand, there'll be infinitely better footage when you get home if you want to see it again. And those who sit playing Candy Crush or fiddling about on Facebook etc during the game make my blood boil, especially when it's so hard to get tickets these days.

I don't mind if someone wants to take a quick photo of the match, or the flag displays etc, five second job maybe at kick-off or during a lull in play, but other than that I'd love it if phones in general were prohibited during the match itself (half time being fine).

Only exception I'd give to the nae phones rule is a situation late in the season where there's permutations around finishing positions / Europe / relegation / title etc. like Barnsley (h) in 2017 where everyone was trying to check the Brighton score.