St James' Park

Delima

My guess is ground sharing isn't an option. 

PSR rules the waves so we can't take the dip. Not for 3-4 years. 

We've the Euros as well. 

It's a new ground and wether you want to move or not the new ground will be awesome. 

My guess, again, is Castle Leazes or Exhibition Park (opposite the North Terrace) 

We'll see. 

Edited by Groundhog63

Aye, don’t see why we would hate the Freeman.

Surely without them we would just have an urban mess of developed land, no public parks, and no hoppings, which actually enabled us to enter the competition we last won. 

Fairly big development if conversations have taken place with Freemen, first real sign there seriously exploring the option.

Makes perfect sense to move, a rebuild of St James just looks very complicated and don’t think there’s any viable option of playing anywhere else whilst work takes place.

Could we not just build a temporary 48,000 stadium like they one they built for Qatar world cup from shipping containers. Not sure how long that took to build but you could build it anywhere local. Must be a better option then having to go to Sunderland 19 times a season 

45 minutes ago, andycap said:

Where would be the most suitable option for us to ground share? 

Sunderland maybes cannot see there owners turning down the extra business. 

Doubt the police would want thousands of NUFC fans in Sunderland every other week.

25 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Could we not just build a temporary 48,000 stadium like the one they built for Qatar world cup from shipping containers. Not sure how long that took to build but you could build it anywhere local. Must be a better option then having to go to Sunderland 19 times a season 

While all the stadium costs are confidential, it isn’t thought to have cost much less than a regular build of similar size.

There is zero chance of PIF pouring hundreds of millions into a ground which would be used for a season, or two at most.  Spending £250m and bringing in £70m isn’t even on the table.

It is move or a small extension to SJP (if that is possible). 

Wherever they decide to temporarily play, I just hope it's most convenient for me if not it's a terrible decision by the club and especially Mitchell.