St James' Park

Delima

Guest Wally_McFool

It will always be St. James' Park.

End of.

What he said. Fatty can call it what he wants but it always has been and always will be St James Park.

Fuck him!

The daft thing is everyone knows that it will always be St James' Park and as a result big companies aren't going to fall over themselves to throw millions of quid into our coffers when they know that no one will call it by the new name.

Guest bimpy474

I'm beginning to think this is more to do with the new fair play rules than just doing it for doing its sake.

Just my opinion, if it was the case why doesn't he just tell us that instead of this need to compete stuff, we all know that but what are the ins and outs of the fair play rules, maybe we could understand this decision more (if it was to do with the fair play rules), mind you that would be showing us some respect, that'll never happen.

From that Telegraph article btw:

The renaming idea is part of a wider vision to turn the stadium into an all year round venue, with rock concerts and boxing matches just two of the alternative uses envisaged by the board.

Sunderland’s Stadium of Light has successfully turned itself into a summer music venue and has hosted the likes of Kings of Leon and Take That in recent years, while the ground formerly known as St James’ Park is solely a football arena.

It will always be St. James' Park.

End of.

What he said. Fatty can call it what he wants but it always has been and always will be St James Park.

f*** him!

Think it's Sports Direct arena, mate. For the media, the general public, etc. Gives me next to nothing that it will be St. James' Park for me personally.

I'm beginning to think this is more to do with the new fair play rules than just doing it for doing its sake.

Just my opinion, if it was the case why doesn't he just tell us that instead of this need to compete stuff, we all know that but what are the ins and outs of the fair play rules, maybe we could understand this decision more (if it was to do with the fair play rules), mind you that would be showing us some respect, that'll never happen.

Fuck me, we're going to be awesome when these fucking rules actually come into force.

Didn't know Valley Parade was now the Coral Window Stadium?  :(

Aye, but Bradford City need every penny they can get. They will go under if they are relegated from League 2.

From that Telegrpah article:

The renaming idea is part of a wider vision to turn the stadium into an all year round venue, with rock concerts and boxing matches just two of the alternative uses envisaged by the board.

Sunderland’s Stadium of Light has successfully turned itself into a summer music venue and has hosted the likes of Kings of Leon and Take That in recent years, while the ground formerly known as St James’ Park is solely a football arena.

Are people laughing or crying? Urgh.

It's a clever move

Any perspective sponsor would not want the bad publicity of renaming SJP

However

To rename SDA with the adidas arena or the budweiser bowl would be a positive step

(s*** names but that's not the point)

Btw this dosnt bother me at all. We need to compete end of!

Compete ffs. My emotional investment in NUFC doesn't start and stop at the f***ing transfer window. Happily see another relegation if it got rid of this shithead and we stopped becoming Sports Direct FC.

Regardless of sentiment, I do think sicko has understood their logic behind this. Still a nasty thing overall, though.

The biggest flaw in this logic is that businesses are so fucking stupid that they need him to do this. "Hmm however could we sponsor a stadium like St James' Park - I wouldn't know where to start..."

That's not what I meant, or what sicko was saying. It's Ashley taking all of the initially negative publicity about changing the stadium name so that if/when a new sponsor does come in and the name changes again, they are faced with a lesser amount of bile/distrust and may even be seen in a positive light by some.

It's a shame that clubs are having to do this in order to compete.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg615/scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=w3bgv.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Anyone know how I could contact these clowns? I have a mutually beneficial task for them.

Organise a march to "rid those blacks from our streets" and they'll probably turn up like

We're not getting any fucking money from it though.

Might be blind hope but if this commercial interest doesn't materialise, could you see them changing it back? They can claim they listened to the fans and learnt from their mistakes etc. Maybe around season ticket renewal time.

I think what hurts most is not just the violation of the club's history and tradition, but the fact that going by the timing of the announcement, it's all so furtive and cynical. He's such a coward. He'll have had this planned for weeks, if not months, and timed it purposely to happen during a long period of there being no home games.

A very sad day for me, with 120 years down the toilet in one fell swoop. Ashley has pretty much smashed down any bridges that were beginning to get rebuilt between fans and the club with the grear start to the season and of course this could now impact on the team itself. And if it does, Ashley has a ready-made excuse and will be able to blame the fans (and the media will lap it up!)

Perhaps it's inevitable though with the way English football is heading. It sold it's soul long ago and seems intent on whoring itself out to the highest bidder even further. Sadly, there's not much we fans can do. I made my choice to stop my s/t some years ago and have only been back a handful of times. This move will only serve to marginalize some fans even further.

How long until the club is renamed Sports Direct@Newcastle United? It's what will come next - believe me.

Might be blind hope but if this commercial interest doesn't materialise, could you see them changing it back? They can claim they listened to the fans and learnt from their mistakes etc. Maybe around season ticket renewal time.

Absolutely not. That's one of my biggest problems with this; it'll never go back now, same with the signs up everywhere.

So we need the extra money to compete? We seem to be competing alright at the moment, don't we?

Extra £10m or no extra £10m, it won't help us compete with Man City or Man Utd. They'll always have more spending power than us.

Fucking stupid cunts. As has been said, I'd happily vandalise any signs (new)- afterall, their vandalising our stadium.

Doing this for the free advertising during the olympics, the cunt.

can't go by branded name during Olympics

same thing happened with the Aviva over here in the Europa League Final, couldn't be called by a sponser name that wasn't on the approved sponsor list for it

Guest bimpy474

Fuck me, we're going to be awesome when these fucking rules actually come into force.

I have no proper idea what they will actually mean, which is outrageous that us as the fans, of all clubs really dont, i know that Man City went on their mental spending spree to get it in before the rules come in, there must be something we dont know.

In no way do i agree with this by the way, its just the stuff i've read and heard about the new rules and what they might mean.

Those quotes from Llambias don't give a solid reason other than 'these are tough econmoic times'.

That Radio 5Live show said the next accounts will be a loss of £4million a year. Can we not scrape another £4million a year like without renaming the f***ing stadium?

I really would happily kill the c***