St James' Park

Delima

We knew this was coming, we know he's an odious prick and he knows that any negative chanting will affect the on field performance & that the fans will not want to fuck that up.

We need to support the team in whatever we do and grafitti any reference to SDA anywhere on SJP. This is likely to be plastered all over the place what price Shearer's becoming The Sports Direct Bar or some derivitive of it. Spoil it all.

I should add that I in no way condone criminal damage.......

The way they run the club is beginning to remind me of the plot of The Producers.  Seems like they're desperate to knack things up when it dawns on them things are going well.

Everything they've done so far regarding this has been to do with ripping the piss out of the fans IMO. Fuck all else. Just look at the stuff they've put on the official site, Facebook, pictures they've used (and now changed), the timing and so on. I'll be fucking amazed if any sponsor comes in, and sad as it is I'm resigned to hoping they do.

Honestly thats a bit over paranoid imho, I really don't think Ashley gives half a fuck one way or another what we think of him

Whether any sponsor comes in or not, damned if I know but my guy instinct is someone will take a punt on it simply because of the amount of extra publicity which it will gather and easy way of getting SSN when they initially cover it  if/when it happens and their brand name getting thrown around

The way they run the club is beginning to remind me of the plot of The Producers.  Seems like they're desperate to knack things up when it dawns on them things are going well.

Everything they've done so far regarding this has been to do with ripping the piss out of the fans IMO. Fuck all else. Just look at the stuff they've put on the official site, Facebook, pictures they've used (and now changed), the timing and so on. I'll be fucking amazed if any sponsor comes in, and sad as it is I'm resigned to hoping they do.

It's just a massive power trip imo, put the fans back in their place every time they're beginning to get some pride back.

Do the council not own the ground, or at least the land on which it stands? If so, do they not have the power to do something about this?

yes-they are landlords of the stadium. also the fact that any landmark over 100 years old has special planning criteria- im sure thay could get involved.or they could just stick loads of signs up round the stadium.

Everything they've done so far regarding this has been to do with ripping the p*ss out of the fans IMO. f*** all else. Just look at the stuff they've put on the official site, Facebook, pictures they've used (and now changed), the timing and so on. I'll be f***ing amazed if any sponsor comes in, and sad as it is I'm resigned to hoping they do.

Honestly thats a bit over paranoid imho, I really don't think Ashley gives half a f*** one way or another what we think of him

Whether any sponsor comes in or not, damned if I know but my guy instinct is someone will take a punt on it simply because of the amount of extra publicity which it will gather and easy way of getting SSN when they initially cover it  if/when it happens and their brand name getting thrown around

Yep, he couldn't give a fuck about us, it's all about that fucking brand.

Honestly thats a bit over paranoid imho, I really don't think Ashley gives half a fuck one way or another what we think of him

And why exactly wouldn't they already know this? These huge companies that can afford to give £10m a year to a football club. Why do they need to see it on Sky Sports News to understand?!

Do the council not own the ground, or at least the land on which it stands? If so, do they not have the power to do something about this?

yes-they are landlords of the stadium. also the fact that any landmark over 100 years old has special planning criteria- im sure thay could get involved.or they could just stick loads of signs up round the stadium.

So what right do the tenants, in this case the club, have to completely rename it? ??? The council have already spoke out about the change too.

Everything they've done so far regarding this has been to do with ripping the p*ss out of the fans IMO. f*** all else. Just look at the stuff they've put on the official site, Facebook, pictures they've used (and now changed), the timing and so on. I'll be f***ing amazed if any sponsor comes in, and sad as it is I'm resigned to hoping they do.

Honestly thats a bit over paranoid imho, I really don't think Ashley gives half a f*** one way or another what we think of him

And why exactly wouldn't they already know this? These huge companies that can afford to give £10m a year to a football club. Why do they need to see it on Sky Sports News?!

They don't man! It's clear as day they're using it as an excuse. I'm supposing that any fans who see a positive side are just hoping we'll see some sort of benefit from this, nothing more. I personally hope this doesn't turn into a disaster on the pitch, as that's all I care about at this moment in time when we're in mid-season, and looking better on the pitch than we have since SBR. I desperately want us to have a good season, so we can restore some pride, or whatever's left of it, and possibly keep our best players for the medium term.

So what right do the tenants, in this case the club, have to completely rename it? ??? The council have already spoke out about the change too.

now I'm open to correction here but isn't it the case that the council own the land the stadiums on and lease it to the club but the stadium itself belongs to the club

im not sure tbh. its not a tenancy, I think the club are lease holders of the stadium- ie they own the stadium but not the land it stands on?