St James' Park

Delima

My opinion has obviously been noted, and I have no inclination to repeat

I want success on the pitch and if it means going against tradition now and again then so be it. In a league where sentiment has been long gone I think we need to roll with times! I firmly believe this board is progressive, not regressive and for that reason I am happy for them to make their decisions

Disgusting views.

I want success on the pitch and if it means going against tradition now and again then so be it. In a league where sentiment has been long gone I think we need to roll with times! I firmly believe this board is progressive, not regressive and for that reason I am happy for them to make their decisions

If what you say is true then I'm done with watching football. I'll just watch for the results after the bint on the news at home. That'll keep me happy. You can be progressive  being forced to make such ridiculous compromise (and I use that term loosely). There's nothing progressive about brazenly alientating the majority of your paying public and that without considering the personal ties people have. As you've said you've stated your position. You seem to be on adifferent wavelength to the majority on here. Horses for courses and all that.

Guest sicko2ndbest

This new graffiti will obviously change everything

It will probably force Ashley out and leave us up creek s*** according to you... :lol:

As for the amateur s***, those SD signs are amateur in the extreme.

It's the association with the regime you dislike!

What I also take exception to is posters with anti Ashley agendas wading into every availible argument just to have a bash! Wake up and smell the coffee man.  We have had people associated with the area and where has that got us nearly 60 years of f*** all

I am prepared to back the new approach/board as I think we are as close now to achieving something now as we have been for a decade, and ultimately that is what any true fan wants, success on the pitch

I don't give a damn where we are in the league, the renaming of St. James' Park is not on, regardless. Its wrong every day, night or morning. Its wrong wrong wrong.

That about sums you up HTT and most of the other Ashley brigade. You would rather see us in the s*** so you can say 'I told you so' than give appreciation for the improved structure and running of the club

I bet you were happy we went down so it allowed you to have a bash

How the f*** can you deduce all of that from me being unhappy with the renaming of the stadium?

The improved structure of the club has f*** all to do with the renaming of the stadium you cretin.

FFS honestly :lol:

NE5 esque that kind of crap man.

I used to enjoy your post HTT but honestly man you are a complete control freak who thinks he is the all seeing all knowing! Man you are boring as hell. No wonder your kids teams do so well, they are probably scared stiff to lose for the thought of having to listen to your post match briefing

Never has a board needed an unfollow button so urgently

Guest Howaythetoon

That's the sound of your testicles shriviling up there.

Do you have any pride in your club or can one man  buy it all up? We can progress without changing the name of our stadium. If we have to change the name of our stadium to progress then dear me. Where do you draw the line? If you get what you want, would changing the club's name, be OK with you?

You're one selfish fan.

Forgetting how disappointing those views are in general (and that's from someone who's not even a Geordie), what are these losses in tradition actually achieving? Are you going to hark back to this 'new revenue stream' that they're taking advantage of? Because you do know they've just been giving Ashley's other company free advertising for the past 2 years, and that's unlikely to change, right?

Guest Howaythetoon

Its pople like sickofsecondbest who allow our game and our clubs to be taken from us because they can be bought with "progress". I'll give you progress. Going from 3rd to 2nd in 3 years. CL footy. Signing Alan Shearer for a world record fee. That's progress. Or how about 36K seater stadium to 53K! Getting promoted and sitting around in 6th place is not f***ing worth the renaming of a historic f***ing landmark. Nothing is, especially when progress can be made without such detestable decisions. This name change has been done in spite and that's the worst part of it all. He's laughing his f***ing head off and you're buying it :lol: all because we are 6th. Big fucking deal. We used to finish in the top 6 all the fucking time a few years back.

Surely a lit projection of the wording is the answer.

What can be done about it? Is it illegal?

brilliant idea, we should fund raise Gregg has already volunteered to host the equipment in another thread.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Its pople like sickofsecondbest who allow our game and our clubs to be taken from us because they can be bought with "progress". I'll give you progress. Going from 3rd to 2nd in 3 years. CL footy. Signing Alan Shearer for a world record fee. That's progress. Or how about 36K seater stadium to 53K! Getting promoted and sitting around in 6th place is not f***ing worth the renaming of a historic f***ing landmark. Nothing is, especially when progress can be made without such detestable decisions. This name change has been done in spite and that's the worst part of it all. He's laughing his f***ing head off and you're buying it :lol: all because we are 6th. Big fucking deal. We used to finish in the top 6 all the fucking time a few years back.

When was the last time we were 6th? Or is the best league position in nearly 10 years not progress in your books? Basically, this will be the best season we've ever for a Generation of fans. They have no idea of what the club was all about the last time we were playing to get into Europe.

That about sums you up HTT and most of the other Ashley brigade. You would rather see us in the s*** so you can say 'I told you so' than give appreciation for the improved structure and running of the club

I bet you were happy we went down so it allowed you to have a bash

Argument well and truly lost.

Its pople like sickofsecondbest who allow our game and our clubs to be taken from us because they can be bought with "progress". I'll give you progress. Going from 3rd to 2nd in 3 years. CL footy. Signing Alan Shearer for a world record fee. That's progress. Or how about 36K seater stadium to 53K! Getting promoted and sitting around in 6th place is not f***ing worth the renaming of a historic f***ing landmark. Nothing is, especially when progress can be made without such detestable decisions. This name change has been done in spite and that's the worst part of it all. He's laughing his f***ing head off and you're buying it :lol: all because we are 6th. Big f***ing deal. We used to finish in the top 6 all the f***ing time a few years back.

When was the last time we were 6th? Or is the best league position in nearly 10 years not progress in your books?

We are sixth despite Ashley not because of him!!

If he had shown a modicum of ambition last summer we would be at the top IMO.

Some of the Ashley fanboys in this thread are beyond the pale. The graffiti is a marvelous response to his attitude.  Long may it continue.

Not a bad idea like! As far as I'm aware, don't think there's a strict law as such prohibiting lit projections. (I'm only guessing btw, I'm not a law expert).

Whilst I don't agree with the praise lauded on the shepherd era I agree that the progress argument is ridiculous when referring to the name change. It's a complete piss take to swallow that shite. There's never one or the other. Any owner that genuinely cared about progressing the good of the club would have left this well alone

Not a bad idea like!

City council should do it tbh. in massive fucking writing across the stands

Its pople like sickofsecondbest who allow our game and our clubs to be taken from us because they can be bought with "progress". I'll give you progress. Going from 3rd to 2nd in 3 years. CL footy. Signing Alan Shearer for a world record fee. That's progress. Or how about 36K seater stadium to 53K! Getting promoted and sitting around in 6th place is not f***ing worth the renaming of a historic f***ing landmark. Nothing is, especially when progress can be made without such detestable decisions. This name change has been done in spite and that's the worst part of it all. He's laughing his f***ing head off and you're buying it :lol: all because we are 6th. Big f***ing deal. We used to finish in the top 6 all the f***ing time a few years back.

When was the last time we were 6th? Or is the best league position in nearly 10 years not progress in your books?

Some of the Ashley fanboys in this thread are beyond the pale. The graffiti is a marvelous response to his attitude.  Long may it continue.

Now, now :lol:

Now, now :lol:

ok 5th then