St James' Park

Delima

I think it's canny funny how people keep spraying St James' Park back on it. It's also canny pointless like, getting a criminal record for something tha has little effect. If everyone is so against it we should unite in a public act.

Something like this?

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/7974/dirtyprotest.gif

Aye, exactly that. 51,999 fit women and me only though, thanks. :)

Guest dazzanufc1892

utterly disgusting. Its happened and it was always going to happen.

No room for mindless people who openly flaunt the law. The thought of suggesting a whip round was nigh on sickening as it was.

I don't care what it says outside, it will always be st james' and everyone knows that. He's spent enough money to do what he wants

That must be one of the biggest over reactions of the year so far, well done.

not really. there is no difference between this and the looters........maybe you should have a whip round and help some of them out too. If people support these actions and want to help fund it, then they should be ashamed

I think it's canny funny how people keep spraying St James' Park back on it. It's also canny pointless like, getting a criminal record for something tha has little effect. If everyone is so against it we should unite in a public act.

Something like this?

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7974/dirtyprotest.gif

Aye, exactly that. 51,999 fit women and me only though, thanks. :)

Aye, righto. Better that than picturing Teethgirl as the sandwich in the letter 'S' I suppose.

/it's in your head right now though. :azn:

utterly disgusting. Its happened and it was always going to happen.

No room for mindless people who openly flaunt the law. The thought of suggesting a whip round was nigh on sickening as it was.

I don't care what it says outside, it will always be st james' and everyone knows that. He's spent enough money to do what he wants

That must be one of the biggest over reactions of the year so far, well done.

not really. there is no difference between this and the looters........maybe you should have a whip round and help some of them out too. If people support these actions and want to help fund it, then they should be ashamed

The lack of looting is a small difference.

My opinion has obviously been noted, and I have no inclination to repeat

I want success on the pitch and if it means going against tradition now and again then so be it. In a league where sentiment has been long gone I think we need to roll with times! I firmly believe this board is progressive, not regressive and for that reason I am happy for them to make their decisions

We all want success on the pitch, and we all understand that without income from stadium naming rights etc, money will have to be found elsewhere. Personally, i'd rather we do as well as we can without money for renaming SJP. We're doing ok  now and aren't bringing any money in for renaming. If another company fails to come in and stump up the naming money, will MA accept it's not making money as planned and then call it SJP again? Ithink the chances are slim. He can have as many SD adverts around the ground as he likes for all i care, just restore the name of St James' Park.

Are they actually planning on putting a new sign on that wall?

I was thinking along these lines.... *surely* you'd have the new sign ready to go up more-or-less immediately after you took the old one down, right??

Unless you were after a shit-storm of free publicitly for your tat shop, from *exactly* this sort of thing?

[/machiavelli]

Guest firetotheworks

Out of interest, when wheel clamps were introduced to Paris, the public took to using expanding foam to break the locks and the clamps. The council couldn't afford to replace them so they just did away with them. Would you say that the public were vandals in that scenario?

Was the land called St.James' Park before anything was built on it? Would love for some ancient rights prohibiting a name change came into the public forum and Mike Ashley was left red faced.

technically he'd say he hasn't changed the name of the park but the stadium built on it.

Was the land called St.James' Park before anything was built on it? Would love for some ancient rights prohibiting a name change came into the public forum and Mike Ashley was left red faced.

It was named after a neighbouring street, St James Road.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Monks used to practice in the area hundreds of years ago so that's how it got the name apparently.

The old boxing joint where the metro is now was St.James' too.

Guest Howaythetoon

The history of St. James' Park and the land it sits on is amazing, there are several books out ther that go into great detail and contain some amazing pics that many people on here would do well to read, even those that hate what's happened. There have been so many great games staged at our magnificent ground too. Its an historic stadium not just in terms of English football, but world football. Today its basically a bowl plastered with adverts though. Its tacky and disrespects the history of our stadium to the point its actually offensive. I'd love to smash mike ashley over the face with one of his big oversized fucking sports direct mugs. The cunt.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Not practice football by the way - like religion.

Thanks for the heads up :lol::lol:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/29/article-0-0B54045700000578-846_634x392.jpg

I once watched a film called Shaolin Soccer (?) it was mad a fuck.

Get on that if you're a bit out of it.

The history of St. James' Park and the land it sits on is amazing, there are several books out ther that go into great detail and contain some amazing pics that many people on here would do well to read, even those that hate what's happened. There have been so many great games staged at our magnificent ground too. Its an historic stadium not just in terms of English football, but world football. Today its basically a bowl plastered with adverts though. Its tacky and disrespects the history of our stadium to the point its actually offensive. I'd love to smash mike ashley over the face with one of his big oversized f***ing sports direct mugs. The c***.

The more you think about it the worse it gets.

To have wiped out 130 years of history and then some more is a disgrace.

And i find it so sad that some fans think its okay to get a few extra million. Even though we aren't...

Guest Howaythetoon

SJP is NUFC. Its our home and as they say, an Englishman's home is his castle. Its a disgrace and should never have been allowed. The fact some fans support it or others are 'meh' about it is the bigger disgrace though. For me, its all about pride. Pride in the shirt, pride in our support, pride in our stadium, our former greats, pride in playing the game the way it should be, pride in our achievemnts and standing in the game, pride in basically what we are, a United Newcastle United. Some have no pride in their club as has clearly been shown on here. What he has done to SJP in renaming it and rebranding it is nothing but a disgrace and shows utter contempt of fans. history, heritage and showcases he, the owner, has no pride himself. The sooner the c*** f***s off the better.

SJP is NUFC. Its our home and as they say, an Englishman's home is his castle. Its a disgrace and should never have been allowed. The fact some fans support it or others are 'meh' about it is the bigger disgrace though. For me, its all about pride. Pride in the shirt, pride in our support, pride in our stadium, our former greats, pride in playing the game the way it should be, pride in our achievemnts and standing in the game, pride in basically what we are, a United Newcastle United. Some have no pride in their club as has clearly been shown on here. What he has done to SJP in renaming it and rebranding it is nothing but a disgrace and shows utter contempt of fans. history, heritage and showcases he, the owner, has no pride himself. The sooner the c*** f***s off the better.

Tbf, look at the poll. Only 2 on the entire forum support the idea.