St James' Park: "NEWCASTLE UNITED" lettering on East Stand roof being replaced (Official)

Delima

Guest neesy111

I never understood the colour style of the seats?  Must be one of a very few grounds without seats in their own colour(s)?

removed my details etc

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: 10 October 2012 04:03

Subject: Re: Re Newcastle United sponsorship proposal. A missed opportunity?

To: Errol Damelin <[email protected]>

Bravo I say. Well played!

On 10 October 2012 01:16, Errol Damelin <[email protected]> wrote:

TOLLEMACHE, thanks for thinking of us and for reaching out. Your insight was eerily interesting.

Errol

Reply-To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Date: Monday, 8 October 2012 22:14

To: Errol Damelin <[email protected]>

Subject: Re Newcastle United sponsorship proposal. A missed opportunity?

Hi Errol,

As someone with a background in marketing and, somewhat obliquely, in football journalism, I can't help but notice that you're poised to generate a certain amount of negative publicity owing not only to the nature of Wonga's business but to preexisting sentimental attachment to the name of the stadium. I've discussed this with a few marketing colleagues and we think there is a rather obvious strategy that would not only sidestep the probable Tyne-Wear boycott and letter-writing campaigns, but generate an enormous amount of positive publicity and significantly boost Wonga's market share in the North-East of England.

The answer is simple, as far as I can tell: Simply buy the sponsorship rights, place your logo extremely prominently on the club's shirt, and rename the stadium "St. James' Park". Overnight, you'd be positioned as a friend of football, a white knight saving the club's history from desecration etc etc. The response from the North-East would be enormous and the gesture would receive widespread media coverage, going some way to offset the natural public aversion to anything seen as being akin to loan sharking.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it, if only from an marketing-academic point of view, even if you happen to disagree.

Good luck with the deal in any case,

TOLLEMACHE

Wonga.com Limited, registered in England & Wales with registered number 6374235 and registered office 88 Crawford Street, London W1H 2EJ Any communication sent by or on behalf of Wonga.com limited or any of its subsidiary, holding or affiliated companies or entities (together "Wonga") is confidential and maybe privileged or otherwise protected. If you receive it in error please inform us and then delete it from your system. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. Messages sent to and from Wonga may be monitored to ensure compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. Emails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free. Anyone who communicates with us by email is taken to accept these risks.

I sent him an email asking for a free season ticket for next season due to me funding the sponsorship through the amount of interest they've taken off me and he's offered me 2 tickets to a home game! Shy bairns get nowt haha!

• 2 weeks later...

Irrelevant I know, but my favourite thing about St James' is it's location. Can be sitting supping a pint at 250 and still make it to my seat for the teams coming out normally. Unique !

It's one of the absolute best things about it, the city centre location. Up on the hill is fantastic as well, visible from everywhere!

Apparently it could well be temporary thing as when it opens Shearer's will be refurbished (not sure if it will change it's name or not) so it could be that Bobby's will end up being where Shearer's is or they could have both running as well. The ticket office will be located in the old Geordie jackpot office (again no information regarding this being temporary or permanent).

Thanks to jkkne on SSC for the information.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=458915&page=43

http://publicaccess.newcastle.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=MHE71HBSAP000

Apparently it could well be temporary thing as when it opens Shearer's will be refurbished (not sure if it will change it's name or not) so it could be that Bobby's will end up being where Shearer's is or they could have both running as well. The ticket office will be located in the old Geordie jackpot office (again no information regarding this being temporary or permanent).

Thanks to jkkne on SSC for the information.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=458915&page=43

http://publicaccess.newcastle.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=MHE71HBSAP000

Has our address as Sports Direct Arena, Strawberry place. Twats.