St James' Park: "NEWCASTLE UNITED" lettering on East Stand roof being replaced (Official)

Delima

my colleague informed me that the club were considering building seats actually on the roof of the stadium all the way round. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Surely we could build "another" east stand on top of the current east stand and it wouldn't take any more area space? I dunno like, but a stadium like this

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8656/0009ck.jpg

I dunno what I'm on about tbh, but surely that sorta thing is possible.

Is Shearer's still called Shearer's? Remember something about it changing name?

Yes it is, for now. It has supposed to be having it's refurbishment for the past two years but it has never got round to it. It is expected to have  it's refurbishment after Bobby's has opened, it's not known if it will keep it's name Shearers or not but apparently it will be open as well as Bobby's.

my colleague informed me that the club were considering building seats actually on the roof of the stadium all the way round. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Surely we could build "another" east stand on top of the current east stand and it wouldn't take any more area space? I dunno like, but a stadium like this

No, the East stand cannot be raised in height or if it could not very high because of the listed buildings behind it.

That stadium would not be allowed over here, absolute deathtrap compared to our grounds.

• 3 weeks later...

reading it this morning, fucking barmy letting our lunatics loose on a slide after being on the drink before a match, will be covered in piss and all sorts. Most the fat fuckers won't get on it either. Stairs are good for people, putting slides in will just add to our total BMI

reading it this morning, fucking barmy letting our lunatics loose on a slide after being on the drink before a match, will be covered in piss and all sorts. Most the fat fuckers won't get on it either. Stairs are good for people, putting slides in will just add to our total BMI

can you imagine the pile up at the bottom when a fat slow cunt is lumbering and people keep piling on at the top, not knowing wht is happening. should be fun.