St James' Park

Delima

Had a great time there today, in the platinum drinking double pintas in the stands. Fantastic to see falcons doing so well and extending Kingston park, eagles winning loads and building a new stadium, SJP always packed to the rafters! Love this city!

Rugby is great to play tbh, however watching it does nothing for me

Same for the most part. Although I do enjoy a 10 yard line defending like lions v battering onslaught scenario. Always played rugby watched footy. Never really got this chip on the shoulder many rugby players and some football fans have.

It’s not a sport for me, I went and tried it today but it’s just not for me.

There were a few posh dicks from Newcastle uni showing themselves up in the varsity match.

Good for Falcons to have a great day and raise some money, maybe they have gained a few extra fans as well.

The only thing I would say is that the fan park outside seemed pretty good, all it was, was a couple of different food vans other than a burger van, a booze bus, and some inflatable and get the ball in the hole games. It was good fun for people though, and it is something NUFC should really look at introducing to games.

Objectively rugby is probably a bit better to watch than football... every moment is someone either trying to attack or defend, you can never stop. The physical requirements are also immense. I like watching both but rugby is so hard to follow because of the media coverage and the best players always going away to their countries. Great sport though.

Objectively rugby is probably a bit better to watch than football... every moment is someone either trying to attack or defend, you can never stop. The physical requirements are also immense. I like watching both but rugby is so hard to follow because of the media coverage and the best players always going away to their countries. Great sport though.

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/michael-bluth-gif-9.gif

It stops loads from what I can see :lol:

Rugby Union is basically a bunch of big blokes running into eachother, falling into a pile, then play stops and the commentators try to work out wtf is happening. And if they're not doing that they're hoofing it, then falling into a pile. It's an awful sport.

I hear league is much better but i've never watched it because I don't talk like Johnny Vegas.

Had a great time there today, in the platinum drinking double pintas in the stands. Fantastic to see falcons doing so well and extending Kingston park, eagles winning loads and building a new stadium, SJP always packed to the rafters! Love this city!

And Lewis Ritson really making waves in the boxing. Looks like he’ll be fighting at the arena on a big show in June. Would love to think one day he could get a world title fight at SJP. Probably getting well ahead of myself there but he’s had a hell of a rise in the last year.

Rugby Union is basically a bunch of big blokes running into eachother, falling into a pile, then play stops and the commentators try to work out wtf is happening. And if they're not doing that they're hoofing it, then falling into a pile. It's an awful sport.

I hear league is much better but i've never watched it because I don't talk like Johnny Vegas.

I hear real men like sweaty topless men getting personal in silk shorts and gloves, can you confirm?

I hear real men like sweaty topless men getting personal in silk shorts and gloves, can you confirm?

Talk of "real men" is very outdated thinking, I think you need to check yourself.

Talk of "real men" is very outdated thinking, I think you need to check yourself.

Touché

Objectively rugby is probably a bit better to watch than football...

Objectively it's not.

Evidence = national and international attendance and TV figures

Rarely if ever do you see an empty seat at Twickenham, as opposed to Wembley for England games. The International games are extremely popular.

WTF is this!?  :kasper:

Objectively rugby is probably a bit better to watch than football...

Objectively it's not.

Evidence = national and international attendance and TV figures

Rarely if ever do you see an empty seat at Twickenham, as opposed to Wembley for England games. The International games are extremely popular.

Aye but the FA fucked that one up with the new Wembley. First of all they have a load of corporate seats that arn’t used to their full potential, then the prices for ordinary seats are expensive for a sport that is mostly followed by the working class.

First time I'd been to a rugby game yesterday and first time I've actually watched a game. Fucking hell it was shite. Stop start, stop start. Run towards someone, run into them, fall down, do it again.  Was like watching two teams if Gabriel obertan.

Support from me is probably the last thing Ian needs, but Rugby Union played at its finest is really great to watch.

I think it helps a lot to have played it though, in order to make sense of what's going on.

Support from me is probably the last thing Ian needs, but Rugby Union played at its finest is really great to watch.

I think it helps a lot to have played it though, in order to make sense of what's going on.

:lol: