Simply the best

Blitzkrieg bop

Am coming home Newcastle

Jarrow song

Big river

Old Blaydon Races

Don't give up

O Fortuna / Local Hero

They should all feature albeit not in that order.

• 2 weeks later...

Simply the best

Blitzkrieg bop

Am coming home Newcastle

Jarrow song

Big river

Old Blaydon Races

Don't give up

O Fortuna / Local Hero

They should all feature albeit not in that order.

They should have the Clap Clap Sound by the Klaxons also.

One for the teenagers.

One for the teenagers.

You might remember this UB.

Back in the mid/late 80's (circa Gazza days), at half time, they used to play this shitty little song that was just an Accordian instrumental thing. Haven't a clue what it was or who it was by.

That ring any bells with you?

One for the teenagers.

You might remember this UB.

Back in the mid/late 80's (circa Gazza days), at half time, they used to play this shitty little song that was just an Accordian instrumental thing. Haven't a clue what it was or who it was by.

That ring any bells with you?

That's the one.....look it up on YouTube.

So it is. Fucking hell :lol:

What memories.

Someone at the club must have liked accordian music, because they played Brendan Shine's Do you want your Old Lobby Washed Down almost every matchday as well. And Some Girls by Racey. I reckon they only had three records.

Guest Howaythetoon

Superb turnout for Colback’s farewell appearance last night!

SJP looks magnificent!

0ced89e41b8fca09e35cc0e4031848ed.jpg

I’m going there tomorrow with the wife, haven’t a clue about his music and concerts aren’t really my thing, if it’s shit I’ll just up and leave and let her get on with it, cracking photo though.

So it is. f***ing hell :lol:

What memories.

Someone at the club must have liked accordian music, because they played Brendan Shine's Do you want your Old Lobby Washed Down almost every matchday as well. And Some Girls by Racey. I reckon they only had three records.

Apparently it was a ploy by Seymour & the board to play that sort of music to try and keep the crowd calm in the Gallowgate.

Guest Howaythetoon

Wonder how much Ashley is making out of this.

Probably not a lot as I imagine the event organisers are behind the catering and of course ticketing so perhaps he gets a nominal fee for usage of the stadium? Speaking of SJP as it’s a leasehold, do the council get money from concerts? The City itself will have had a canny little boost, hotels, pubs, restaurants and retail.

The big winner is obviously Ed Sheehan and his agent/promotors and the supporting acts getting exposure etc.

Probably not a lot as I imagine the event organisers are behind the catering and of course ticketing so perhaps he gets a nominal fee for usage of the stadium? Speaking of SJP as it’s a leasehold, do the council get money from concerts? The City itself will have had a canny little boost, hotels, pubs, restaurants and retail.

The big winner is obviously Ed Sheehan and his agent/promotors and the supporting acts getting exposure etc.

LOL they'll be getting a lot more than a nominal fee dude.

LOL they'll be getting a lot more than a nominal fee dude.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ashley is renting it to himself for a nominal fee then renting to the promoter for the going rate. Let's not forget the man is a twat.

i went on friday and was in the sports bar area of the milburn stand

it seemed very bland for a corporate area that costs more than a normal ST.

View and padded seat were nice though but there wasnt much 'sport' referenced in the place unless it had been removed and such for the concerts and its different on match day

View and padded seat were nice though but there wasnt much 'sport' referenced in the place unless it had been removed and such for the concerts and its different on match day

Nah, it's bland and shit for the NUFC games too. Only positive is you can preorder your HT pints and there's bad seats to sit down on.

It’s the Freeman who own the land the council get nothing. And no the Freeman won’t get any benefit from the concerts as the club pay a set figure each year which is usually re-negotiatied depending on what division the club are in.

The Ed Sheeran concerts at St James’ Park will help Newcastle United to bank a seven-figure sum and should kick-start commercial revenue growth at the club.

In a week when accountants Deloitte released a report which made it clear that a club’s commercial revenue is going to be key to growing a club over the period of the next TV deal, it was a timely illustration of some of the progress being made on that front.

Sheeran played to around 150,000 fans over three days in the culmination of hard-work behind-the-scenes at United to bring big-time gigs back to the city. With Rugby League’s Magic Weekend also at St James’ Park, there are signs that the club are starting to make the stadium work for non-football events which help bring in commercial revenue.

Although it’s not clear exactly how much it will benefit Newcastle’s football operations, it was estimated that similar gigs at the Stadium of Light pulled in around £3.5million every summer. Sunderland’s new owners have indicated that they are keen to bring concerts back to Wearside after a year with none.

Newcastle’s pitch will be ripped up next week and relaid as they seek to make sure the surface is as impressive as it was last year. They have invested in a high-tech surface which combines fibre and sand with grass to make sure that the pitch has no problems when the season starts. Advances in technology mean there is not the longer turnaround that made the concerts a problem for Sunderland, who could not play their first game at home and missed out on a Wearside close season friendly while they were hosting big events in the close season.

United installed a new SIS grass pitch last summer and the stitching of the pitch means that it can be relaid in shorter notice – allowing for high-profile concerts like the Ed Sheeran gigs without having any knock-on effect on the surface for the new season.

Nathan George, Contracts Manager at MJ Abbott, who undertook the job, explained the process last year: “The project comprised removing the existing fibre sand surface down to a suitable depth so as to expose the existing drainage slits. This operation had to be very carefully completed as to not destroy the integrity of the retained drainage.

“A new fully automatic pitch irrigation system was installed and an imported rootzone laid to re-establish the original pitch levels. Premier Pitches completed the preparation and seeding of the new pitch, which delivered the project a week ahead of the proposed programme.

“The SISGRASS stitching was installed following grass establishment, a process that took 7 days.”

Commercial revenue has always been a bugbear for United fans, who note that Sports Direct’s logos are plastered all around the stadium with little sign of benefit to the club.

But at the last fan’s forum Newcastle’s hierarchy defended their approach: “The club explained that it works incredibly hard to grow its commercial revenue, which is why a number of high profile rugby matches and a summer concert over multiple nights have been secured.

“The upcoming Ed Sheeran concerts are lucrative for the club and have been structured so there is no risk to the club.

“The club has planned to introduce such events for a long period of time and accordingly, it has invested significant funds in pitch technology to enable such events to take place without having a detrimental effect on the playing surface used by the team.

“The club takes a lead role and collaborates with other organisations to bring events to the city. The club believes it has a stronger relationship with other sporting institutions and organisations across the city than it has had for a long time.”

What a load of bollocks.  It's peanuts compared to what Sports Direct should be paying.

Nah, it's bland and shit for the NUFC games too. Only positive is you can preorder your HT pints and there's bad seats to sit down on.

Swapped seats for one of the games last season and went into the Platinum Club. Ordered my pint for half time before the match and they must have poured it straight away and stuck the little ticket on it because not only was it flat but it was room temperature as well. Not something I'd do again if I went in there.