St James' Park

Delima

It's disgusting the current state of SJP - complete neglect just like the team from the fat wanker

Aye - it's a total reflection of the clubs ownership.

I was Shepherd's biggest critic but he'd have never have let it get like this. For all of his failings, he was hugely proud of the club, stadium and region as a whole.

from the pictures that everyone has posted on here I cant believe how much of an absolute shithole our stadium has become its a crying shame. Not being able to get to SJP now with living in the states is hard enough but seeing it in such state of disrepair is awful. There must be absolutely no money or resources set aside for maintenance and upkeep which has made the ground degenerate into some 1970s dilapidated shit tip. It is a complete view of how everything with the club has become under this greedy fat man child

Another thing that worries me greatly is the massive cracks in the concrete on the stairs in Level 7 Milburn.

Get a pic next time and throw it in here/upload it to Twitter. The more evidence, the better.

Some from me too

RKpmGR5.jpg

Man, without knowing where this was from if someone was to ask me which decade this photo was taken I'd guess the 90s or something. Our poor stadium.  :sad:

Got talking to an Arsenal fan today who attended St James for the first time on Saturday and he couldn't believe how cheap the whole stadium experience feels compared to others he has visited from the monotone stadium announcer getting peoples names wrong to the horribly chatty half time entertainment to the stewards that have trouble speaking english never mind giving you proper directions and he said he never realised how much Sports Direct advertising is plastered all over the place.

The match day experience and corporate facilities are utter pants compared to other clubs in England. Staff aren't very friendly. The place is uninviting. There's no real sense of the club's history to view around the stadium or concourse. Yet, if you want to see concrete walls, and betting posts everywhere, SJP is your place.

The best place I've ever experienced a game day was at Citi Life stadium to see the Mets play. I'm not even a huge baseball fan, it was just a cheap day out while we were on holiday. However, the experience was amazing from the moment you arrived. Person who checked your tickets are super nice and engaged, made it feel like it was a big deal we had come from England to see the Mets. Imagine arriving at SJP for the first time, you're going to be over the moon, and then like you're shuffled through like cattle into this horrible dingy looking shit hole that is cramped and nobody has time for you.

Then when you got into the stadium it was METS everywhere. Huge posters and displays detailing their history and star players over the years and their current stars. Instantly you're embraced with the colours and branding of the team, it was amazing. I'm not saying we should be going the whole American fanfare bullshit here, but the contrast has always stuck with me.

IMG_4903.jpg

IMG_4904.jpg

Fairly minor in the grand scheme of things, but I've walked past the stadium to my car for months now and the crests outside the Milburn Reception have had this shit on them the whole time.

Does Eddie's budget not stretch to white spirit and a cloth?

On another note, how long has the fat bastard had that massive SPORTSDIRECT.COM thing hanging inside the reception?

That sticker at the bottom of the inner crest has been there for at least 7 years. AT LEAST.  :lol: I'm surprised Puma hasn't started to embroider it into the badge on the shirt.

:lol: You can guarantee whoever tried to pick it off was just a good samaritan rather than a staff member.

Imagine arriving at SJP for the first time, you're going to be over the moon, and then like you're shuffled through like cattle into this horrible dingy looking shit hole that is cramped and nobody has time for you.

I don't have to :lol:

Still amazed by how tiny those turnstyles were

Imagine arriving at SJP for the first time, you're going to be over the moon, and then like you're shuffled through like cattle into this horrible dingy looking shit hole that is cramped and nobody has time for you.

I don't have to :lol:

Still amazed by how tiny those turnstyles were

:lol: They're insane, you don't stop and think about it until you see other stadiums.

That sticker at the bottom of the inner crest has been there for at least 7 years. AT LEAST.  :lol: I'm surprised Puma hasn't started to embroider it into the badge on the shirt.

:lol: You can guarantee whoever tried to pick it off was just a good samaritan rather than a staff member.

:lol: :lol:

I know we all laughed at the mackems going in and helping to replace their pink seats, but ffs at least they showed a little initiative to try and clean the place up and get the fans to do it.

Fairly minor in the grand scheme of things, but I've walked past the stadium to my car for months now and the crests outside the Milburn Reception have had this shit on them the whole time.

Does Eddie's budget not stretch to white spirit and a cloth?

On another note, how long has the fat bastard had that massive SPORTSDIRECT.COM thing hanging inside the reception?

Top photo stickers are Brighton so you can assume they’ve been there since Jan, at least.

Ive been and done stadium tours of a fair few stadiums here in the US mainly NFL and College football. even college ones put stadiums in England to shame the whole gameday experience and tour experience is amazing. Cowboy stadium is absolutely immaculately clean you could eat your dinner off the floors in that place when you do the tour

go to ours and it now resembles and old factory floor or a warehouse its such a shithole its embarassing

The back of the Gallowgate, where the windows are, they need to give it a good wash. Absolutely filthy!!!

The big window wall at the end of level 7 is absolutely mankey and there's even a motorised platform there to clean them, no excuse really

Posted this nearly three years ago and they haven't been cleaned since, so that cherry picker story is a load of shit.

Say a new owner (ha!) does come in and says, "Fuck it, let's build a new stadium," where's the best location for a new stadium to be located? Not many areas in the city centre that can accommodate a 60,000 seater stadium.

The Castle Leazes site would have been ideal.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/imagine-70000-capacity-newcastle-united-12772276