St James' Park

Delima

Guest chopey

Shall we give the stadium a clean?  Nah, just paint it black.

Reminds me of just hoying the dirty dishes out and buying new ones cos we couldn't be arsed cleaning them.

Paper plates more like.

Bet they're going to paint around that sign as well, like when a dodgy bloke does your bathroom without moving the cabinet.

Extremely open for graffiti BTW.

Doesn't that part of the stadium see a lot of time on camera?  Great opportunity to get some messages up just before the Arsenal match.

I have made a complaint to Newcastle council about it being done without permission. Not sure if permission would need to be granted, but with it being quite a size, on a promo nanny building, in a prominent location, and not really in keeping with the surrounding area, it maybe a breach of planning rules.

Another person has also complained.

I have made a complaint to Newcastle council about it being done without permission. Not sure if permission would need to be granted, but with it being quite a size, on a promo nanny building, in a prominent location, and not really in keeping with the surrounding area, it maybe a breach of planning rules.

Mr Stifl-oo-urns?

Mr Stifl-oo-urns?

amanda?

What's the point of black paint?

If you gonna put some money on the stadium, wouldn't it be better to renovate the toilets or something?

Only the mugs who go to the matches will see them, no need.

Guest covmag

Where do you complain to? Email address?

I’m offended even from here  :lol:

Newcastle City Council.

https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/services/planning-building-and-development/report-breach-planning-control

That HAS to be graffitied like, it's begging for it.

Aye, it's like a giant blackboard now. :lol:

They're mad if they don't put something on there.

I'm thinking a big Mike Ashley FC crest stenciled on. Then up the stairs, 'failure', 'relegation', things like that stepping up the wall.

Guest covmag

Newcastle City Council.

https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/services/planning-building-and-development/report-breach-planning-control

Reported, will get details by email, will keep you informed.

Everyone else please feel free to complain, it’s easy. :huff:

What are you complaining about, painting the wall black?

Yeah. It maybe a breach of planning code as they never applied for permission. They may need permission because it’s on a prominent building, in a prominent location, and the colour may not be classed as being in keeping with the area.

If writing, graphics, or a logo/sign go up, then it’s a blatant breach of planning laws.

Yeah. It maybe a breach of planning code as they never applied for permission. They may need permission because it’s on a prominent building, in a prominent location, and the colour may not be classed as being in keeping with the area.

If writing, graphics, or a logo/sign go up, then it’s a blatant breach of planning laws.

TBH, I think they'll get away with painting what they have Black, but if the intention is to paint even more (i.e. corner opposite Strawberry too), then Council might ask them to set-out exactly what and where will be painted.

Remember seeing in Chronic, that L'Occitane shop on Grainger Street (near Monument) was made to repaint their shopfront after they painted it yellow to match their logo. Think it ended up grey.

Guest covmag

Yes it looks shit and isn’t in keep with the area.If anything it will keep some cunt busy  :lol:

You don't need planning permission to paint the outside of a building, unless for the purpose of 'advertisement, announcement or direction.' Don't think there's any sort of local imposition which would prevent such decoration, either.

You don't need planning permission to paint the outside of a building, unless for the purpose of 'advertisement, announcement or direction.' Don't think there's any sort of local imposition which would prevent such decoration, either.

It depends on the building and location.

The best way around it is saying it is not in keeping with the local area, will attract vandalism, and isn’t being done to a satisfactory standard.

If anything it’s another thing for Charnley to deal with and shows that we will be on top of everything that they do.