St James' Park

Delima

As always I think the badge should have it's usuall coulors. Would look much better. But the black looks decent. Wonder what it will look like when it gets dirty though?

I'm presuming there is a coloured facia to go over the lights

Just drove past on way home. Paintwork looks better from a distance, put it that way!

They also painted Bobbys statue plinth the same, and the front wall of ghe next staircase up from Bobby.

Can't understand the bits they've done, unless they intend to do all the rest, otherwise, its just going to look a mismatch of black next to dirty beige stone/blockwork.

Rafa wanted improvements to the training ground - he got paint.

Everyone pretty much wants improvements/renovations to the stadium - we get paint.

That's before you think Ashley denies the club an actual fit-for-purpose training complex, and has sold the land behind the Gallowgate denying the club the option to expand forever.

It's all done out of spite.

He's got us here like.

Means we can't go on about how the ground hasn't had a lick of paint in years.

That was the priority of the numerous charges against him and the club.

More money spent on new signage, paint and hired goons than players so far this summer.

As always I think the badge should have it's usuall coulors. Would look much better. But the black looks decent. Wonder what it will look like when it gets dirty though?

I'm presuming there is a coloured facia to go over the lights

Blue & Red

Guest covmag

Installed 2 new statues from the looks of things to commemorate our 3rd place finish in the Asia trophy

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s no good tarting the place up alone, the whole thing needs a major refurb inside and out and the facilities need extensively upgraded too.

Its still a tacky charver tat Sports Direct shop Mike even if it says Oxford Street above the postcode.

Even the paint looks cheap and nasty, I bet all recent work cost less than 100k combined including materials. My good mate refurbs offices and industrial complexes for the likes of Virgin and other corporate giants and they spend that on toilet paper holder handle things alone. Even the smaller clients spend good money on refurbs.

There was a time when he and his company would have been the go to people for any stadium refurb work be it signage, installing new doors, flooring, partitions to even desks and chairs which they supply and he’d have done it at cost price just to be working on SJP such was his love of the club.

Now, I’m pretty sure he’s actually knocked back work from Ashley/the club/SD because it would cheapen the level and standard of clients featured on their ‘who we work with’ page. That and the social conscious side of things. I know I would refuse my own company working for or with anything or anyone Mike Ashley is part of or associates with.

I wouldn’t mind, the recent work is an improvement, but it could look much better and last a whole lot longer than it does and will and for appearances sake, these improvements are no different to getting Rondon for a season on loan rather than just splashing what it would have cost to get him signed up permanently.

Cheap materials, cheap labour and quick fixes to paper over a few minor cracks or scratches here and there no one notices anyway. The building isn’t going to suddenly fall down just because of a few marks. Why buy brand names when the supermarket own brands taste just as good and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to tighten a few screws, a monkey could do the job in its sleep.

Every single layer of the club is reflected in that small patch of paint. It’s all about the bare minimum cost required to maintain everything on the cheap in order to squeeze out every extra penny saved or from being spent money Mike Ashley can recoup the cost of first buying the club and now take out from the club and that’s a cost to fans and club we are all paying for literally.

I've often wondered if his house is furnished with cheap MFI or IKEA shit rather than expensive furnishings relevant to a guy of his wealth

One really nice chair and then those soccer mom beach chairs you fold up and put in bags leaning against a corner.