St James' Park

Delima

Just now, jarrovianmag said:

Weren’t there rumours that we bought the old barker and stone house for club shop

If they did that, could they knock through the club shop to extend Shearer's Bar? Would be class on a matchday if you could comfortably get another 500 in or whatever. 

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

aye i read it back again.

sorry.

nee tunnels then?

I was thinking a bridge, transporter style. I saw this documentary once about some ex brickies who took one to the States.

58 minutes ago, Cort said:

Any movement on changing the ‘Newcastle United’ typeface back to the original or changing to basically anything that’s not the SD one?

No but it needs to happen. Would like to see the trust raise it with the club. 

I guess they’re making that bit genuinely corporate hospitality, where before it was just a more expensive way for normal people to get in. Mainly because nobody else would have been interested. 

It’s brutal for the people who sit there though. 

4 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

A mate of mine was saying the new posh bit they are doing in the gallowgate is going to be £14k plus VAT a season ticket ?

It was mentioned earlier in the thread.  It is "only" 7k per ticket but minimum of 2 which gets you to the 14k..  

Anyone has any idea what similar hospitality tickets cost at other pl cl clubs?

When you do season tickets, do you get special access/pricing to cup or cl matches?

It's not "accessible" per se but i don't find it outrageous when compared to US sports.

New England Patriots equivalent tickets are $10k each, min 2 tickets, and you just commit to 10 years. Paying first and last season up front. And that's for 8 home games. Playoffs tickets available at a slightly discounted price.

Granted it's it's very different. Curious what big clubs charge. We have to get used to the consequences of a better product and ambition to compete. 

1 hour ago, NobbySolano said:

When you do season tickets, do you get special access/pricing to cup or cl matches?

It's not "accessible" per se but i don't find it outrageous when compared to US sports.

New England Patriots equivalent tickets are $10k each, min 2 tickets, and you just commit to 10 years. Paying first and last season up front. And that's for 8 home games. Playoffs tickets available at a slightly discounted price.

Granted it's it's very different. Curious what big clubs charge. We have to get used to the consequences of a better product and ambition to compete. 

Aye, but historically they had the greatest ever throwing the ? and the greatest coach to ever grace the game... :lol:

Rant from @Shak in 3... 2... 1... :explode:

I'm glad I'm not in swinging distance :lol:

Edited by BlazeT44

6 hours ago, NobbySolano said:

As part of gallowgate club you could access a pre-sale ballot for cups games etc yeah.

Not a guarantee, but still a perk.

7 hours ago, NobbySolano said:

To get a high level view look at the Deloitte money League and annual match day total income.  You have to be mindful of those teams who were e.g. in the CL or had lengthy cup runs in 2022 as you could be comparing apples with pears.  Ours does look on the lower side when you think our stadium is relatively big:-

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

Man U - £126m

Spurs - £125m

Liverpool £112m

Arsenal - £94m

Chelsea - £82m

Man City - £64m

West Ham - £49m

Newcastle - £33m

Leeds - £28m

Leicester - £25m

Everton - £18m

You can also see why Everton want out of Goodison…

Our match day income probably needs to double as a minimum if we are to eventually compete on wages with those with higher incomes and stay within FFP.  We won’t be able to rely on commercial revenue alone increasing unfortunately.  This will mean more money out of peoples pockets.

This would be helped massively by longer cup runs, CL involvement, corporate being sold out.  I’m certain there will be a medium term plan to raise ticket prices though.

I don’t think our tickets are cheap as such but they aren’t expensive compared to other teams.  As I said in another comment I do think Platinum Club and similar are priced low compared to similar offerings with padded seats at other clubs though.

2 hours ago, OptimusSlime said:

To get a high level view look at the Deloitte money League and annual match day total income.  You have to be mindful of those teams who were e.g. in the CL or had lengthy cup runs in 2022 as you could be comparing apples with pears.  Ours does look on the lower side when you think our stadium is relatively big:-

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

Man U - £126m

Spurs - £125m

Liverpool £112m

Arsenal - £94m

Chelsea - £82m

Man City - £64m

West Ham - £49m

Newcastle - £33m

Leeds - £28m

Leicester - £25m

Everton - £18m

You can also see why Everton want out of Goodison…

Our match day income probably needs to double as a minimum if we are to eventually compete on wages with those with higher incomes and stay within FFP.  We won’t be able to rely on commercial revenue alone increasing unfortunately.  This will mean more money out of peoples pockets.

This would be helped massively by longer cup runs, CL involvement, corporate being sold out.  I’m certain there will be a medium term plan to raise ticket prices though.

I don’t think our tickets are cheap as such but they aren’t expensive compared to other teams.  As I said in another comment I do think Platinum Club and similar are priced low compared to similar offerings with padded seats at other clubs though.

Grim, didn’t expect us to be so out of touch. Surely the vast majority of the revenue difference comes from corporate.