St James' Park

Delima

Just checking haven't read this for a while, what are those letters being auctioned off? Have they just replaced them with new NEWCASTLE UNITED and the stuff we knew about either side?

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6057/406971472.jpg

Yes, that's real.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Yup.

They're not allowed to paint the pitch are they? (fingers crossed).

Way to rip the heart out of football. I can understand the point in making your mark with advertising but that's disgusting. It looks desperate, gluttonous and it'll affect my experience on match days. There just wasn't any need to go to these lengths

Way to rip the heart out of football. I can understand the point in making your mark with advertising but that's disgusting. It looks desperate, gluttonous and it'll affect my experience on match days. There just wasn't any need to go to these lengths

Ashley = :troll: basically.

Never mind not being good for the fans, that's not even good advertising.

Anyone with eyes who sees the place on tv and come away with a negative brand image of SD.com: "tacky and cheap"

Tbh, i think that is how Ashley wants people to see sports direct.

Guest sydneycove

Yeah at first I defended what Ashley was doing because it is what I am used to(stadium naming rights etc) but fmd that is just way over the top.

Anyone who watches the Spurs game next Sunday count how many times SKY's cameras pan over the 'new' logo.

I bet they avoid like the plague. Can't do anything with the electronic ad boards I know but I reckon they will avoid the gallowgate roof and the new East stand abortion.

Let's hope so.

I suppose, considering what's done is done, it's a nice touch auctioning them for charity. But, I guess it means that we won't ever see them put back up. :undecided:

Nothing to stop someone creating exact copies and putting them up when he goes.

Might get one for someone's secret Santa in work.

:lol:

Has to be said TBG, you're staking a late claim for 'Funniest poster of the year' this past few weeks!

:huff:

http://troll.me/images/troll-sloth/lol-you-jelly-bro.jpg

Might get one for someone's secret Santa in work.

:lol:

Has to be said TBG, you're staking a late claim for 'Funniest poster of the year' this past few weeks!

:huff:

I nominated/voted for you last year! (maybe the year before) You let me down bro :(