John Barnes

Mr. Slugworth

I don't think Five's coverage is as bad as most.  Rather them than ITV any day.

*adopts tin hat*

Agreed.

I'll third that actually. Five have gotten a lot better. Still not great, but it's as if they know they're a bit crap but they just go with it, so fair play.

I like him, he may not be the best presenter but hes a genuine nice guy or at least comes accross as one, always has a smile on his face. Colin Murray, urgh i cant stand him, commentators etc on FIVE are terrible, how come none of our games have been on ITV this year?

I like him, he may not be the best presenter but hes a genuine nice guy or at least comes accross as one, always has a smile on his face. Colin Murray, urgh i cant stand him, commentators etc on FIVE are terrible, how come none of our games have been on ITV this year?

five bought the rights

five bought the rights

Yeah but last time we were in the competition werent we on both FIVE and ITV? like Blackburn have been on FIVE and Eurosport, not sure about ITV

I quite like five's coverage, if they didn't cover the more obscure games, no-one would, so I can put up with the oddness! They seem to realise they're a bit rubbish (some of the Nevin-Murray banter is shocking!) but they keep going, which is nice enough.

I think they have a bit of a cult status now!

C5 is decent for football, but even better for the NFL... I think they're steadily improving and seem to mix zany with sensible quite well. I'd take it over ITV/BBC1 any day of the week, but I still prefer the Sky stuff for actual matches.

John Barnes and Colin Murray - dream presenting combination.

Murray's decent, I reckon. 

Shambolic, more like. He's worse on the radio, granted, but he's definately no TV presenter.

He's ok man.  Does alright on the European Poker Tour too.

I like him, he's usually carrying the broadcast as the poker pro is a bit drab.  What's his name again?  He was the bloke that won the first European Poker Million, right?  John something?

Guest Knightrider

Fuck me, what do people want, this isn't the Bafters a BBC wildlife documentary. I quite like the amaterusim of C5 and their coverage, give me that over the stuffy beeb or the flash Sky. Proper football coverage, like how it used to be, dodgy camera angles and direction, wooden presenting and shit pundits. Barnes is cracking, so what if he can't read from an autoque, does it matter, the salad is more imprortant than the dressing. Top show John Barnes' Night and I like C5's coverage. Better than ITV or the beeb, or Sky.

I'd take the Channel 5 team over suffering through Motson any day.

Me too.

The BBC team is woeful...its all too posh/boring - apart from the barely literate Ian Wright. Motson/Lawrenson annoy the fuck out of me. I know some people have trouble with prononciation but FFS Motty, its "Rooney" not "ROOOOOOONEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!". :tickedoff:

Chanel 5 team, maybe not the best in terms of analysis and whatnot but I'm not fussed about that. What matters to me is that they're fun. Colin Murray is the best football presenter on TV IMO. I think Watching him and Pat Nevin having a laugh is much more enjoyable than Lineker/Hansen/Shearer or Keys/Redknapp...

John Barnes is shit tho.

It's annoying when i've got a match on in the background and Motson is commentating, he makes the must mundane attack sound like someone's had a shot cleared off the line. It's worse when it's Rooney, as mentioned above.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Five's coverage is as bad as most.  Rather them than ITV any day.

*adopts tin hat*

imho channel 5 have followed newcastle and really tried to get behind us more than itv or bbc ever have,colin murray is full of enthuiasm and at least the have a better pre match build up than the others so you can be joined in the trenches by me pm  :hunter:

• 2 years later...
Guest Heneage

:lol:

Tranmere manager John Barnes and his number two Jason McAteer have been nicknamed "Dumb and Dumber" by their own players. (The Sun)

:lol:

:lol::lol: