Latest Bellamy rumour.

Baggio

In the Union Rooms the other day watching the England game, there was a bloke who was telling his mates that Rio makes as many mistakes as Bramble and that Ferguson wasn't a great manager because he'd paid £14m for Djemba-Djemba.

I despair with some people.

I hate these people, i have friends who talk football shite like this. I end up getting very upset and putting them in their place and i get told to calm down. I can't help it, it infuriates me.  :D

The day GR was sacked i was in the pub, there were 5 of us toon fans including me and only one of my mates believed GR was shit, the rest were saying he needs more time and it was all down to bad luck and injuries.

Honestly, 3000+ pages of N-O opinions came flooding into my brain, i could hardly stand up i was that pissed off!  :lol:

Then, it came across that he'd left and they were saying it was for the best.

Fuking some people!

I've got a mate who was fuming because Rooney went to Euro 2004 and Ameobi didn't despite "Ameobi being better". He was also fuming when Souness got sacked because he hadn't had enough time. What was our first home match under Roeder again? I can't remember who we were playing now but i remember we won and the performance was much better. After the match when we were going for the metro he said "it would have been the same if Souness was manager today". Then he was fuming when Roeder got sacked for exactly the same reason. Bad luck and injuries. He even had in his msn name "fuck off Allardyce"  :lol:

http://images.skysports.com/images/playerpics06_07/Experts/kamaramain.jpg

"UNBELIEVABLE JEFF"

tbh

I've got a mate who was fuming because Rooney went to Euro 2004 and Ameobi didn't despite "Ameobi being better". He was also fuming when Souness got sacked because he hadn't had enough time. What was our first home match under Roeder again? I can't remember who we were playing now but i remember we won and the performance was much better. After the match when we were going for the metro he said "it would have been the same if Souness was manager today". Then he was fuming when Roeder got sacked for exactly the same reason. Bad luck and injuries. He even had in his msn name "fuck off Allardyce"  :lol:

http://images.skysports.com/images/playerpics06_07/Experts/kamaramain.jpg

"UNBELIEVABLE JEFF"

tbh

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That first Roeder game was the Shearer game against Portsmouth btw.

Genuinely think he played the best football of his career when he was here. His movement and pace meant Shearer had a bit more time and space to do his thing and, although they didn't get on at all, Shearer benefited because of Bellamy.

He was one of the main reasons we, as a club, saw Champions League football and finished 4th, 3rd and 5th - along with Robert. The 2 of them dragged us 7 places up the league and I'll always be grateful to them for that. They both have their faults mind. Both, in my opinion, were totally mismanaged by Souness and forced out of the club by a bloke who just didn't have the skills to manage them anywhere near properly. He couldn't deal with them so he sold them. For a fraction of their actual value.

Not meaning to drag up arguments from years ago but we could do a lot worse than re-sign Bellamy but the obvious caveats apply. If he's still a f****** arsehole off the pitch then no, if he's matured a bit then yes.

Spot on mate...

Anyone who says NUFC was better after getting rid of Robert and Bellamy should be admitted to psychiatric hospital...We saw Champions League football because of the above two...

exactly

I quite like Union Rooms. Its hardly "banging" but there is normally enough room if there is a big group of you and the drinks are cheap. Also plenty of toilets that aren't in the worst state I have ever seen.

Anyway Bellamy.... :D

Guest Knightrider

People need to take off their rose tinted specs regarding Bellamy. Yes he was a good player for us and was especially a good team player because his dynamism helped others but by the same token the cunning play of Nobby, the power and leading of the line from Shearer, the pace of Dyer and the steadyness of Speed also all helped shape Bellamy's game. Since then Bellamy has looked distinctly average, even for Blackburn at times. His goals and the manner in which he took them masked some poor performances and lets be honest here, even during his time at Newcastle were he did play his best football, it wasn't like he was putting in MOTM performances every week and lets not even talk about his injuries or his ill-discipline. In his first three seasons at Newcastle, Bellamy was considered a good player but had just as many critics as he had fans due to his finishing, final ball etc. It was only under Souness which coincided with Shearer's game becoming less and less effective BTW which is often overlooked did Bellamy suddenly become a "great player for us". Well Souness is history and so is Bellamy. We already have 3 top forwards and one solid back-up with an exciting prospect in Carroll coming through, we also have money and new found ambition to aim a lot fucking higher than a player who wiped his arse with our shirt more than once, who regardless of all the other things that went on, was the main holder of his own destiney as to whether he stayed here or went and he chose the latter. I say fuck him and fuck all the daft shite about him coming back. Let him rot wherever he resides. We owe him nothing and shouldn't degrade oureselves by welcoming the tosser back or even thinking about it.

People need to take off their rose tinted specs regarding Bellamy. Yes he was a good player for us and was especially a good team player because his dynamism helped others but by the same token the cunning play of Nobby, the power and leading of the line from Shearer, the pace of Dyer and the steadyness of Speed also all helped shape Bellamy's game. Since then Bellamy has looked distinctly average, even for Blackburn at times. His goals and the manner in which he took them masked some poor performances and lets be honest here, even during his time at Newcastle were he did play his best football, it wasn't like he was putting in MOTM performances every week and lets not even talk about his injuries or his ill-discipline. In his first three seasons at Newcastle, Bellamy was considered a good player but had just as many critics as he had fans due to his finishing, final ball etc. It was only under Souness which coincided with Shearer's game becoming less and less effective BTW which is often overlooked did Bellamy suddenly become a "great player for us". Well Souness is history and so is Bellamy. We already have 3 top forwards and one solid back-up with an exciting prospect in Carroll coming through, we also have money and new found ambition to aim a lot fucking higher than a player who wiped his arse with our shirt more than once, who regardless of all the other things that went on, was the main holder of his own destiney as to whether he stayed here or went and he chose the latter. I say fuck him and fuck all the daft shite about him coming back. Let him rot wherever he resides. We owe him nothing and shouldn't degrade oureselves by welcoming the tosser back or even thinking about it.

Shearer was as good as fucked the day Bellamy departed.

Guest Knightrider

Shearer was as good as fucked the day Bellamy departed.

Aye, but Shearer no longer plays for us therefore we don't need a player who runs about a lot and presses defenders, we already have a potent mixture of options up front. What we do need is a Bellamy in midfield, someone who will galvanise that area of the pitch like Bellamy galvanised Shearer, although we'd be doing Big Al a big diservice here if we didn't recognise that he also did Bellamy's game a big favour. Team game and all that.

Redknapp told the Portsmouth News: "Craig Bellamy would do for us. But West Ham want him and would double his wages to £100,000-a-week. How do you compete with that?

"We've got no chance of getting Bellamy."

Redknapp has also ruled out a switch for French forward Briand, who is valued at £8million by his club Rennes, because several bigger clubs are also in the hunt.

He added: "Jimmy Briand is very good - he's just been called up for France.

"But again, I won't get him. Rennes don't want to sell him - and there are bigger fish than us trying.

"You look at France, and Nicolas Anelka, who I tried to get here last summer, is centre-forward for his country again now.

"What chance have we got of getting him? With Thierry Henry, he's the best French centre-forward."

If Bellamy is off to West Ham then surely Tevez is on his way out?

Those two couldn't play in the same team, can't see either being happy on the bench either.

I honestly believe Bellamy is on his way back to Newcastle with Owen going the other way and here's why ...

I don't believe Allardyce is going to turn his back on his 4-3-3 formation which brought him all the success he had at Bolton, and Bellamy rather than Owen is far better suited to this formation. I could definitely see Allardyce wanting to use Bellamy on the right side of a 4-3-3 which is probably Bellamy's ideal position for the skills he has, rather than as an out-and-out striker. Bellamy could create a lot of opportunities from this position while still being a legitimate goal threat.

The link to Tuncay Sanli is an interesting one also because he plays on the left side of a front three in a 4-3-3 for Fenerbache, and he too has the ability to create opportunities from this position whilst being a legit goal threat too, he also does a good job of running directly at people with pace and causing them problems like Bellamy does.

I could easily see Allardyce prefering something similar to the following to any 4-4-2 formation featuring either Owen or Martins beside Viduka. I imagine Martins will be gone also.

--------------------------------Given---------------------------

Solano----------Ben Haim----------Taylor----------Baines

--------------------------------Butt-----------------------------

------------------Barton-------------------Emre---------------

-----Bellamy------------------------------------------Sanli-----

-------------------------------Viduka-----------------------------

On the right of a 4-3-3 formation is very different to the right of a 4-4-2 to be fair, and I think the position would suit Bellamy.

Would probably suit Martins too.

On the right. :lol:

He would have to play there if he came back I imagine. Allardyce used Diouf (who was an out and out striker) and Anelka in the wide positions of a front three and Bellamy's skills suit that position. If he really wants to come back to Newcastle as the papers claim then he would have to be open to playing in that position I imagine.

On the right of a 4-3-3 formation is very different to the right of a 4-4-2 to be fair, and I think the position would suit Bellamy.

I think Martins might struggle on the occassions when he is out wide and he needs to deliver a telling pass or cross.

I think Martins might struggle on the occassions when he is out wide and he needs to deliver a telling pass or cross.

No moreso than he does when he plays up front really.

His delivery would have to be worked on, no doubt. But his sheer pace would make him a nightmare for defenders in one on one situations.

Just cannot make my mind up about Bellemy, yes he is fast, yes he is an irritant. I was surprised that he didnt start the CLF for Liverpool (so perhaps I do rate him), so think that he has no future there at all. This makes me think that the way managers deal with problems is crucial to success. Liverpool will recoup their money, whilst we sold himk for a song.

I cannot see him coming if owen leaves, as his pace would only help owen.

I honestly believe Bellamy is on his way back to Newcastle with Owen going the other way and here's why ...

I don't believe Allardyce is going to turn his back on his 4-3-3 formation which brought him all the success he had at Bolton, and Bellamy rather than Owen is far better suited to this formation. I could definitely see Allardyce wanting to use Bellamy on the right side of a 4-3-3 which is probably Bellamy's ideal position for the skills he has, rather than as an out-and-out striker. Bellamy could create a lot of opportunities from this position while still being a legitimate goal threat.

The link to Tuncay Sanli is an interesting one also because he plays on the left side of a front three in a 4-3-3 for Fenerbache, and he too has the ability to create opportunities from this position whilst being a legit goal threat too, he also does a good job of running directly at people with pace and causing them problems like Bellamy does.

I could easily see Allardyce prefering something similar to the following to any 4-4-2 formation featuring either Owen or Martins beside Viduka. I imagine Martins will be gone also.

--------------------------------Given---------------------------

Solano----------Ben Haim----------Taylor----------Baines

--------------------------------Butt-----------------------------

------------------Barton-------------------Emre---------------

-----Bellamy------------------------------------------Sanli-----

-------------------------------Viduka-----------------------------

A brilliant front six, but it would be a very brave manager to get rid of Owen just so that he could play a different formation. I can't see that happening.

As for Bellamy, I certainly wouldn't write him off as a player, as some here have done. He did well at Blackburn, but at Liverpool he's not had an extended run in the team, and not had a regular striker partner. That whole team seems to have had a lot of chopping and changing, and it's not been easy on any of the strikers.

Tomorrow's News of the World:

NEWCASTLE have made a sensational move to take bad-boy striker Craig Bellamy back to St James' Park.

The Geordie club and the Welsh international have made contact over a £9 million move from Liverpool.

Bellamy left Newcastle under a cloud after a bitter fall-out with former boss Graeme Souness.

But new Toon manager Sam Allardyce sees the striker as a key target and will battle Aston Villa, West Ham and Blackburn for his signature.

Michael Owen seems unwilling to commit his future to Newcastle and Big Sam could offer the England striker as bait in a straight swap deal.

Bellamy was fined £80,000 for claiming in a TV interview that Souness had lied about him.

He also upset fans over abusive text messages to Alan Shearer after an FA Cup semi-final defeat by Manchester United.

Tomorrow's News of the World:

NEWCASTLE have made a sensational move to take bad-boy striker Craig Bellamy back to St James' Park.

The Geordie club and the Welsh international have made contact over a £9 million move from Liverpool.

Bellamy left Newcastle under a cloud after a bitter fall-out with former boss Graeme Souness.

But new Toon manager Sam Allardyce sees the striker as a key target and will battle Aston Villa, West Ham and Blackburn for his signature.

Michael Owen seems unwilling to commit his future to Newcastle and Big Sam could offer the England striker as bait in a straight swap deal.

Bellamy was fined £80,000 for claiming in a TV interview that Souness had lied about him.

He also upset fans over abusive text messages to Alan Shearer after an FA Cup semi-final defeat by Manchester United.

Hmmmmmmm. Interesting.

If, and it's a monumental if, this is true then I'd suggest either Owen or Martins will be on their way this summer.

Then again, it's the NoTW so it's more than likely pigshit.  :rolleyes:

I honestly believe that Sam isn't a nutcase, and is content with a front quartet of Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins, Mark Viduka and Shola Ameobi, and isn't senile enough to get rid of someone with the sheer class that Owen possesses, for some downhill renegade who can't score into double figures - who doesn't have a neck.