Roeder "We need fans!!"

Skirge

Never mind, maybe they don't have it any more.  The fact is I'm time poor.  I work a lot of nights and weekends and my lass works 9-5, I have to juggle seeing her (well seeing her awake) with seeing my mates going to matches, work and all the other stuff you have to do when you're grown up.  I don't have enough free time to go and see every mean-nothing match, every training session, testamonial and player unveiling and I'm not going to be told by some bum-fluffed semi-literate gobshite that I've got to go otherwise I'm not a proper fan.

1) You have the money

2) You are watching it on telly

Both time and money but your still not supporting your team?

You have the time and money to go to frankfurt but not 2 hrs and £20 to go to a Uefa cup home game which means more to the club as we are not yet officially through.

Like I said before, support starts at home.

Yep thats where I will be watching it  O0

Guest micmania1

The way our club is going, our support is going to be just like any other mid table side. Theres no passion, pride or tradition.

If your so bothered about the ticket prices, write a letter otherwise stop makng excuses for your lack of support. (aimed at everybody)

Guest micmania1

Never mind, maybe they don't have it any more.  The fact is I'm time poor.  I work a lot of nights and weekends and my lass works 9-5, I have to juggle seeing her (well seeing her awake) with seeing my mates going to matches, work and all the other stuff you have to do when you're grown up.  I don't have enough free time to go and see every mean-nothing match, every training session, testamonial and player unveiling and I'm not going to be told by some bum-fluffed semi-literate gobshite that I've got to go otherwise I'm not a proper fan.

1) You have the money

You have the time and money to go to frankfurt but not 2 hrs and £20 to go to a Uefa cup home game which means more to the club as we are not yet officially through.

get a proper f****** 9-5 job mate and see how willing you are to spend an unenjoyable 3 hours going to and sitting at a match. Not to mention the f****** cost, once you've grown a f****** set and worked on the ships with BlueStar & Me, then you'll f****** know a days work. We've barely enough time to meet GeJon for a pint after, especially with the pits thesedays. Dangerous buggers.

I work 7 - 5.15.

Guest Gemmill

Fuck me the 17 year old sage is still doling out advice to people who have probably forgotten about more games than he's been to.  Look daft lad, maybe when you're a little bit older it'll fucking dawn on you that there's more to life than Newcastle United Football Club.  Until then, you can keep embarrassing yourself by giving it the soopafan act about attending every game.  *cringe*

1) You have the money

get a proper f****** 9-5 job mate and see how willing you are to spend an unenjoyable 3 hours going to and sitting at a match. Not to mention the f****** cost, once you've grown a f****** set and worked on the ships with BlueStar & Me, then you'll f****** know a days work. We've barely enough time to meet GeJon for a pint after, especially with the pits thesedays. Dangerous buggers.

I work 7 - 5.15.

in which case, you're being paid shockingly.

Why is it different to 10 yrs ago then? Why can't we sel out home cup games? Tell me the answer since your older and wiser.

Shite thread really.

1. Lots of people used to pick and choose their league games because they could pay at the turnstile, hence larger crowds for the matches against the "big clubs" of the day. Also we never had a hope in hells chance of winning the league anyway, our only chance was a cup competition so the glory seeker types would keep their cash but appear in force for cup ties hoping to see something special. We have a couple like that on this forum imo.

2. Generally, the cup competitions used to be more exciting than they are now, but the changes in format for European games and some clubs putting out below strength teams in domestic cup ties has eroded the value of the cup competitions.

3. Too much football on TV.

4. The average person in their teens and 20's isn't as fanatical as the average person of that age a couple of decades or more ago. That's because people today have more to grab their interest, they have to pay to have their hair dyed and their finger nails done, etc.

4. The average person in their teens and 20's isn't as fanatical as the average person of that age a couple of decades or more ago. That's because people today have more to grab their interest, they have to pay to have their hair dyed and their finger nails done, etc.

:lol:

Oh dear.

:lol:

How dare you!

What kind of support is that? £35 for a league game - no complaint! £20 for a cup game and you all start blaming the price for you not going. Your not there to watch the other team, your there to support Newcastle.

People complain about how the tea play but how are they supposed to believe in therself if the fans don't?!?!

Theres a club 10 miles down the road for people like you!!!

I was once like you, giving it the soopafan bollocks. However, I, like you, was, in the main, talking shit.

Guest Ridzuan

I dont know if this has anything to do with collecting more revenue or not,but I completely agree with Glenn that we need to have the fans coming especially for our UEFA cup matches.The attendance for UEFA cup home games has been poor this season,Im not sure whether it has anything to do with the people being busy at work as it is a weekday,but I really hope to see a full house in our european home games.

Guest Gemmill

What kind of support is that? £35 for a league game - no complaint! £20 for a cup game and you all start blaming the price for you not going. Your not there to watch the other team, your there to support Newcastle.

People complain about how the tea play but how are they supposed to believe in therself if the fans don't?!?!

Theres a club 10 miles down the road for people like you!!!

I was once like you, giving it the soopafan bollocks. However, I, like you, was, in the main, talking shit.

I remember those days, Willie! ;)  In fact I remember a thread very similar to this one. :D