Owen for Kuyt?

Guest BillyRay Valentine

Guest Action Verb

He's not going anywhere because no one is going to spend 10mil on a player that's played 25minutes of league football in 18months or whatever it is.

Who says we'd even get £10m for him?

I could see him going for less than that, if he gets the opportunity.

God knows Roeder is stupid enough to think Ameobi and Martins (or just as bad, Sib and Martins) could work next season, with Dyer as backup.

Dont really see Shepherd take such a battering on his record signing to be honest.

The rags don't like Kuyt, Liverpool fans arent keen on him, so they think now that Owen's spent a year being paid lavishly for doing **** all, its a good idea to get shot of Kuyt.

Apparently, they must think if they create the idea, it'll happen.

Because he owes us…. and he knows that. Plus, I don’t think any club would go for him so soon after recovering from a nasty injury, which may possibly change his game entirely or even cause him to be an inferior player than before.

Unless we want to sell him, that is.

He's not going anywhere because no one is going to spend 10mil on a player that's played 25minutes of league football in 18months or whatever it is.

Who says we'd even get £10m for him?

I could see him going for less than that, if he gets the opportunity.

God knows Roeder is stupid enough to think Ameobi and Martins (or just as bad, Sib and Martins) could work next season, with Dyer as backup.

Dont really see Shepherd take such a battering on his record signing to be honest.

If he gets full of pies one day, and has a pastry rush, who knows how crazy he'll be.

Rather have this Dutchman me'self:

AZ Alkmaar are reportedly keen on Ajax striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

The Dutch international has recently fallen out of favour at the Amsterdam Arena under Henk Ten Cate.

According to the Algemeen Dagblad, AZ are closely following the developments.

Huntelaar would be high on AZ's wanted list in the summer, but as yet negotiations between the two clubs have not begun.

The news of AZ's interest comes just days before they go head-to-head with Ajax at the DSB Stadion.

Link

Can't believe Ajax would let him go to their rivals.  Probably bollocks.

Because he owes us. and he knows that. Plus, I dont think any club would go for him so soon after recovering from a nasty injury, which may possibly change his game entirely or even cause him to be an inferior player than before.

Unless we want to sell him, that is.

He owes us? I don't think that even comes into it. If he had any kind of link to us, faur enough, but lets face it, he doesn't.

If in a made up world anything could happen I would do that deal as IMO Martins/Kuyt >>> Martins/Owen. I think a Kuyt/Martins partnership would be better for the team in an all-round sense, even though Owen is a better striker than Kuyt.

I'm getting increasingly worried that Roeder doesn't intend to bring in another striker at all. He's offering Sibierski a new deal, he plays Dyer upfront at every available opportunity and he keeps talking about how Martins is going to 'explode' next season when Owen and Ameobi are fit again. I imagine he'll see 5 'strikers' as enough.

He's only one year away from moving for £5m under FIFA's new transfer rules.

Is this rule from the same set of spineless twats that said a player couldn't play for 3 teams in a season....................then fucking buckled and let the scousers do it anyway?

Guest Ridzuan

No way would I swap Owen for Kuyt.Kuyt is a good player but I think Owen is much much better.And besides,Owen has just played only a few matches for us since his move from Real Madrid and I think we would have been wasting our 17million on him if we let him move for another player.

He owes us? I don't think that even comes into it. If he had any kind of link to us, faur enough, but lets face it, he doesn't

Owen's a proffessional and knows he owes us.  He would have at least one good season here.  Also people forget he's just getting his kids settled, there are factors outside football.

He owes us? I don't think that even comes into it. If he had any kind of link to us, faur enough, but lets face it, he doesn't

Owen's a proffessional and knows he owes us.  He would have at least one good season here.  Also people forget he's just getting his kids settled, there are factors outside football.

Good point. His little lass was very young when he joined.

I'm getting increasingly worried that Roeder doesn't intend to bring in another striker at all. He's offering Sibierski a new deal, he plays Dyer upfront at every available opportunity and he keeps talking about how Martins is going to 'explode' next season when Owen and Ameobi are fit again. I imagine he'll see 5 'strikers' as enough.

From today's Journal on ICNewcastle (it doesn't say who wrote the story)

The Magpies will definitely sign one more striker in the summer, with Peter Crouch, Darren Bent and Dean Ashton all in Roeder's thinking, and that would finally give the Magpies a strikeforce to rival any in the Premiership even if it promises a few difficult selection decisions for Roeder.

It is highly unlikely Martins and Owen will gel as a partnership, hence Roeder's pursuit of a forward with a physical presence and aerial threat to play alongside one of them. But for now the former Newcastle captain can only marvel at the possibilities.

"I'm building a squad around Obafemi Martins and Michael Owen and you all know how I feel about (Shola) Ameobi," said Roeder, after watching Martins score his 14th goal of his first season in English football against Zulte-Waregem.

"Michael is not just a top Premiership player, he is a world-class striker.

"Oba is probably Nigeria's best striker and that part of the team is starting to look very healthy for next year. When Owen is fit with Ameobi and possibly another striker at the start of next season, that part of the team will be looking seriously good."

From today's Journal on ICNewcastle (it doesn't say who wrote the story)

The Magpies will definitely sign one more striker in the summer, with Peter Crouch, Darren Bent and Dean Ashton all in Roeder's thinking, and that would finally give the Magpies a strikeforce to rival any in the Premiership even if it promises a few difficult selection decisions for Roeder.

It is highly unlikely Martins and Owen will gel as a partnership, hence Roeder's pursuit of a forward with a physical presence and aerial threat to play alongside one of them. But for now the former Newcastle captain can only marvel at the possibilities.

"I'm building a squad around Obafemi Martins and Michael Owen and you all know how I feel about (Shola) Ameobi," said Roeder, after watching Martins score his 14th goal of his first season in English football against Zulte-Waregem.

"Michael is not just a top Premiership player, he is a world-class striker.

"Oba is probably Nigeria's best striker and that part of the team is starting to look very healthy for next year. When Owen is fit with Ameobi and possibly another striker at the start of next season, that part of the team will be looking seriously good."

That's alright then.

If Huntelaar was to leave I would for him to come here. Owen/Martins/Huntelaar as a strike force would be brilliant.

If Huntelaar could replicate any kind of form here that he has shown throughout his career so far... then we'd might as well flog Owen off.